Kings Royal 2018 - Format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Royal 2018 - Format

I've heard there was to be a change to the format this year... that Friday night's program had implications towards Saturday. Has anyone heard anything like this or know where a format is posted? Personally I think this would be a great idea. Something among the lines of locking Friday's top 2, 3, or 4 finishers into Saturdays feature.

Winners Thursday and Friday get pick of where they qualify on Saturday. Whoop-di-do.
    2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Last edited by Blaniac1; July 9th, 2018, 05:29 PM. Reason: G tiger already answered

Comment

Blaniac1 ninja’d
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
          Winners Thursday and Friday get pick of where they qualify on Saturday. Whoop-di-do.
          Thats actually a pretty big deal in my opinion. Fast qualifiers like sweet, gravel, stewart, pittman, mcmahan, madsen bros I think would be able to pick a qualifying spot to land them near the front of their heat. Pretty rewarding with the KR format.

Comment

The format is a little different for the Kings Royal. The 5 fast qualifiers have to start on the 3rd row. I think you really want to be like 19th to 30th to start on the front row. So while it isn't exactly a whoop di do, it will be a crapshoot and may not be an advantage at all. Or it could be a big advantage if they time it perfectly.

Comment

Will more likely try to get early qualifying time to time fast as they can because the fastest two qualifiers who do not transfer through heats and b start 19th and 20th in A followed by the 4 b main transfers.
              Last edited by armyduke; July 10th, 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I mean legitimately if you know you’re a fast qualifier you could just lift coming out of 4 and hope you hit it right.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  I mean legitimately if you know you’re a fast qualifier you could just lift coming out of 4 and hope you hit it right.
                  That never works out. It seems like a great thing to do but REALLY does the driver actually know that he is a fast qualifier?

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

That never works out. It seems like a great thing to do but REALLY does the driver actually know that he is a fast qualifier?
                    It’s just as much of a guess as pickIng where you want to qualify at 🙄

Comment

What do we think the car counts will be each night?

35 Thurs 45 Friday 55 Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

That's exactly what I am thinking.

Comment

The car count has dropped off as many teams have found it too expensive to go and not make the show. Earl used to do more promoting the local teams to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

I looked back at the past couple of years and in 2016 the numbers 45, 49, 60. 2017 they were 48, 53, 53.

I would say the numbers would stay around the same. I'll go with 46, 50, 55.

Comment

If you’re a local team with a local motor it’s a waste of time and money to go race a c or d main at eldora. It’s cool to say you went and did it but it does hurt the pocket book I’d imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X