Kings Royal 2018 - Format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    If you’re a local team with a local motor it’s a waste of time and money to go race a c or d main at eldora. It’s cool to say you went and did it but it does hurt the pocket book I’d imagine.
    I believe guys like Lee Jacobs, Philo, & Wimmer are considered locals. They have a good chance of making the show. A 30th place qualifying effort puts you on the front row of your heat. If heats go follow the leader, which seems to happen often at Eldora, you have a great chance of transferring into the feature and guaranteeing $3k payout. The KR qualifying/heat format truly gives the "little guy" a chance to make the show. Maybe not win it but $3k to start is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I believe guys like Lee Jacobs, Philo, & Wimmer are considered locals. They have a good chance of making the show. A 30th place qualifying effort puts you on the front row of your heat. If heats go follow the leader, which seems to happen often at Eldora, you have a great chance of transferring into the feature and guaranteeing $3k payout. The KR qualifying/heat format truly gives the "little guy" a chance to make the show. Maybe not win it but $3k to start is pretty good.
      There are a few who can always compete. I was referring To most other woo shows rather than King’s royal format. That’s what makes that race great is the drivers actually have to race all night long.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        If you’re a local team with a local motor it’s a waste of time and money to go race a c or d main at eldora. It’s cool to say you went and did it but it does hurt the pocket book I’d imagine.
        Local teams..........
        With local minds......
        Need local races........
        To pass the time.

I read that on a bathroom stall.

Comment

I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
            I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!
            Lee has been good again this year. Probably the best Ohio driver who doesn't race for points at any tracks or series. Always can hang tough with outlaws. He was what 6th last year at Kings Royal too. Been impressed with the 1881 Racing team again this year. Although we get to see him race more since they're not doing all stars anymore, I think they could really be compeitive again with them. But I'm fine with getting another very solid car run locally in Ohio.
            2018 Race Counter: 24
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Only reason he doesn't run with allstars is the fact he's a school teacher and cant make some of there far away trips. Same thing with Cole Duncan and his work schedule.

Comment

Working...
              X