Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deerfield Speedway

Aaaaaaand....begin.

Seen it coming a mile away. I been there for every show but last Saturday and the new owner doesn't have a clue on what hes doing. I don't know his back ground but being at dirt tracks isn't one of them. He had big dreams and threw away a lot of money trying to reinvent the wheel. Whoever talked him into running a 1,000 to win midget show is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. Nobody has a midget in 5-6 hour radius. He got 5 cars and paid out $2250 purse to the 5 cars. Facility one big construction site with nowhere to pit but the new grandstand is really nice. His tire rule change pissed off just about everyone. He has thin skin and couldn't take negative social media comments. Nothing was ran smooth operational wise either. Even pill draw was 30 min-hour long line. Payout at night was worst. Raceceiver that was mandatory wasn't even used by track officials. The calls on the track reportedly came from upper management/the tower and were terrible which caused issues. Deerfield has core divisons in micros,dwarfs, and modlites. we were charged extra $5 at the pit gate for the midget show and all the non wing events but nothing was in the works for our divisions. wouldn't even reschedule a $500 to win memorial show for the 270 micros that he cancelled for absolutely no reason. that was a marquee event at Deerfield for years and brings in at least 25+ cars. He was pretty shallow and rude to the family involved that promotes that event and told them they would have to get even more sponsors etc... to have the show rescheduled. Track prep was extremely bad. I could go on and on but you get the picture. Too many cars in the area for it to stay closed or if not someone else will pick the classes up.

Comment

Confused. Went to their website and only thing I saw was several weeks of cancellations due to flooded track...... Have they closed down ? Not sure what the first two posts mean.

Comment

Itll be reopened once this (new) owner is out the picture. They are closed till further notice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
          Confused. Went to their website and only thing I saw was several weeks of cancellations due to flooded track...... Have they closed down ? Not sure what the first two posts mean.
          See their Facebook for their statement.

Comment

I might have gone to Deerfield on one of the weekends when Attica/Fremont were closed. That midget deal never made sense to me. Where were the cars going to come from? Northeast Ohio is far from midget country. The only reason I wanted to go to Deerfield is because I have never been there. Not a very good reason, is it?

Comment

Well that is 2 Ohio tracks that have closed so far since the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                Well that is 2 Ohio tracks that have closed so far since the season started.
                3. Jackson County called it quits this week as well due to lack of fan and car count. Seems like they did everything right just hard when you’re in an area that’s strapped for cash as it is.
                2018 Race Counter: 22
                Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  I might have gone to Deerfield on one of the weekends when Attica/Fremont were closed. That midget deal never made sense to me. Where were the cars going to come from? Northeast Ohio is far from midget country. The only reason I wanted to go to Deerfield is because I have never been there. Not a very good reason, is it?
                  Itll make a come back soon as the current owner gets out which from what im hearing is going to happen sooner rather then later. If you come to deerfield dont come for the midgets or non wing sprint because chances are thats going away with the current owner and for the better. Deeefield is actually a really different track with cool divisions. Just last year the car counts were solid most divisions. Come check us out sometime? The dwarfs and 270s are the best in my opinion and only run at deerfield.

Comment

Working...
                  X