Mansfield Great Lakes Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    I thought they had a bigger following than just the 7.
    So that is not many that will be following OVSCS.
    There are more drivers who only run OVSCA shows (Skaggs, Layfield, Benson, etc) but miss a few shows because of distance or other reasons unbeknownst to me.
    2018 Race Counter: 18
    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoach View Post
      Off topic here, but the Jokeshade/Eldora series still runs the majority of their races at.... Jokeshade and Eldora. They also had 3 races scheduled at I-96, 2 at Farmer City, and 1 at Fairbury. Only 1 driver, the points leader, has run all 8 races so far, and nobody else has been in more than 5 of their 8 feature events. I remember when that was a respectable regional series. Catering to a few tracks and teams killed it.
      Jokeshade? That's clever. Pitgate can use more witty originality. Keep it comming. I like Oakshade Raceway and until Fremont resumes racing, that's where I will be on Saturdays. ALMS is a small regional series, and it always has been. What's wrong with that? Jokeshade. What a brilliant banality!

Comment

There will be more cars at sharon b/c drivers are afraid of competition so they actually venture away from where money is being paid out and then there ends up being more cars there hahahahaha

Comment

Or traveling elsewhere cause they remember the Mansfield Marathon?
          dont care for Farmer or Fast?
          low budget team?
          they live beside Sharon?
          want to support their local track yo keep it open?
          dont have the engine for Sharon?

Lots of factors.

Comment

should be dont have the engine for Mansfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
              There will be more cars at sharon b/c drivers are afraid of competition so they actually venture away from where money is being paid out and then there ends up being more cars there hahahahaha
              That happens in Indiana quite a bit. Guys avoiding USAC like the plague, lower the purse, the higher the car count.

Comment

Who's the biggest name invader coming to mansfield this weekend? And even better question who is your pick to win?

Comment

If its too far to drive to be there in person, here's an option for you. SpeedShiftTV https://www.speedshifttv.com/order/
                  ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Wonder if anyone buried deep in Knoxville will head back for this. Jac or Gary Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                      Wonder if anyone buried deep in Knoxville will head back for this. Jac or Gary Taylor?
                      I doubt it (regarding Jac) as I saw it was announced hes racing in Knoxville tonight. With saturday's heat race lineups being determined by tonight's feature finish its important to be there tonight. So if he did show up tomorrow he would basically have to start from the tail of his heat.

Comment

Friday nights program just got cancelled.

Comment

Lot of rain in a very short period of time!!!

Comment

They are just running the Saturday show with a new format to be posted.

Comment

Oh Boy, after all the talk it gets cancelled tonite! Wouldn't It Be Smart To NOT Run Against the Nationals? I Mean All The Talent Is In Iowa?
                              2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post
                                Oh Boy, after all the talk it gets cancelled tonite! Wouldn't It Be Smart To NOT Run Against the Nationals? I Mean All The Talent Is In Iowa?
                                You see the car counts last year? You see the car counts at Mercer running 6 hours from Eldora? You put money back into the local and regional teams and keep the locals going. It's a good thing they got going. Takes a weekend where a lot of locals aren't racing at all with Attica off for fair it keeps from taking up other tracks dates as much. Otherwise you'd have tracks dark on a week that they wouldn't normally be instead and lose two weekends of racing at the local 410 tracks instead of one.
                                2018 Race Counter: 18
                                Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X