Farmer Quits Fremont Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer Quits Fremont Speedway

The Announcement is on the track Facebook page.

Great news.

Comment

So who will the new promoter be, not counting fairboard.

Comment

If they are smart it would be Lisa and Randy Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
          If they are smart it would be Lisa and Randy Hammer.
          That would be a good option indeed if they were interested.

Maybe the new promoter along with the Fremont fair-board can get back in good graces with the All-Stars and bring them back to the track now for the fans because those people deserve to have some of the better sprint car teams/drivers come there. The All-Stars have shown they don't need Fremont as much as Fremont needed them especially having places like Wayne County, Atomic, Sharon, and Eldora available for races on a Saturday night in Ohio.

I wonder if Farmer quit/retired or was asked to leave since it sounds like they already have a person in place and not just announcing yet. Just seems to "neat" of a package to say he is done and they already have a promoter in place for 2019.

Comment

Bout Time!!! Fremont Deserves Someone Who Cares About The Traditions, and the All Stars was one of the biggest! The track used to be known as the Home of the All Stars!

Someones Ego got in the way of his own success! Shame, but Fremont needs a change anyway and the All Stars need to come back for 4-5 events a year to put Fremont back on the map!! Those Fans deserve it!!!
            Last edited by Racechasser; 2 weeks ago.
            2018 Race Counter - Total- 28 + (Rainouts-15) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Its time for a change. Ive noticed over the last few years things been going down hill. I don't know if he is all to blame but I used to go up there 4 or 5 times a year and now this will be the second year in a row I only go to the jim ford. Those 10k to win allstar shows were cant miss events. Seems like every time I go up the fans seem less and less. Im not there every week but last regular show I did attend had poor attendance. That's prolly the deciding factor in them parting ways. It always comes down to $$$. I do have a few questions though moving forward. Does he still own/run the FAST series? And is there any ties to him and the OSCS series?

Comment

Only part of the problem has been resolved. Now the new leadership needs to restore the track to a respectable schedule. Closing down for other tracks, and going from closing 2 weeks for the Fair to 3 weeks, and now 4 weeks in 2018, needs to change. Otherwise : Out of sight = Out of mind = Out of business. Racing 10-11 times per year is reaching rock bottom. It’s a downward spiral. Just an opinion based on attending there since 1961.

Comment

Hope to see some bigger shows comeback. It’s the closest drive for me of any track and I’ve been there only twice this year (although rain helped with that). I think the fair board had been grooming someone to replace him based on Farmer talking on buckeye speed zone. Sounds like one fair board member was “learning the ropes” about how to run the track.
                  2018 Race Counter: 22
                  Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

The wait for bigger shows at Fremont is remarkably short. The Jim Ford Classic is a big show. Its $5000 to win Friday and $10,000 to win Saturday. That's as big as the Attica Ambush isn't it?

Comment

That show if well attended should make Fremont some money. They dont have to pay a sanction fee so this should help make up for the bad weather shows this year.
                      Great pay out for teams. I have always heard very positive comments on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                        Its time for a change. Ive noticed over the last few years things been going down hill. I don't know if he is all to blame but I used to go up there 4 or 5 times a year and now this will be the second year in a row I only go to the jim ford. Those 10k to win allstar shows were cant miss events. Seems like every time I go up the fans seem less and less. Im not there every week but last regular show I did attend had poor attendance. That's prolly the deciding factor in them parting ways. It always comes down to $$$. I do have a few questions though moving forward. Does he still own/run the FAST series? And is there any ties to him and the OSCS series?
                        Those were some very good shows and also a lot of very good cars at them as well.

As for FAST I am betting he isn't letting go of that one and likely (IMO) expand their schedule now that he doesn't have to compete against himself since his goal has always been a little All-Star series since he tried to get them booted out of the speedweeks and use FAST as the speedweek shows with other regular tracks, but they all said no thanks.

I don't believe he has ties with the OSCS right now.

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                        Only part of the problem has been resolved. Now the new leadership needs to restore the track to a respectable schedule. Closing down for other tracks, and going from closing 2 weeks for the Fair to 3 weeks, and now 4 weeks in 2018, needs to change. Otherwise : Out of sight = Out of mind = Out of business. Racing 10-11 times per year is reaching rock bottom. It’s a downward spiral. Just an opinion based on attending there since 1961.
                        Their schedule will be interesting and announcing this now might allow them to get back in good graces with other series to come back to the track or those series might still hold a grudge and realizes that they don't need Fremont as much as Fremont needing them.

As for the fair races and this goes for Attica as well I don't understand why they close down to be honest. I remember Attica having some huge crowds for their fair races and thought it was a great way of introducing new fans to the sport. Also it got a lot more attendance for the fair as well which usually meant spending more money too. Other areas of the country seem to relish those events such as in PA where they combine fair weeks with racing and turn them into huge events.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        Hope to see some bigger shows comeback. It’s the closest drive for me of any track and I’ve been there only twice this year (although rain helped with that). I think the fair board had been grooming someone to replace him based on Farmer talking on buckeye speed zone. Sounds like one fair board member was “learning the ropes” about how to run the track.
                        Let's just hope the grooming is not the bad stuff like a lot of fans have seen the past several years along with other series.

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                        The wait for bigger shows at Fremont is remarkably short. The Jim Ford Classic is a big show. Its $5000 to win Friday and $10,000 to win Saturday. That's as big as the Attica Ambush isn't it?
                        We all know your the local guy supporter that loves it's local shows, but a lot of people love to see the All-Star guys come in, see the WoO guys come in, along with some invaders to the shows. Most fans want to see the locals do well against the best in the country or at least compete with them and not shy away from them because not on the schedule. That is how you can see how well your locals are when you have other teams/drivers coming to your stomping ground to compete against the locals. It usually makes for good racing, great competition, usually high car counts, and a lot of butts in the seats spending a lot of money as well whether it be buying t-shirts from drivers/teams, spending money at the concession stands, or simply buying a ticket.

As for comparing it to Attica, well that is like Attica's 5th or 6th best event of the year (IMO). Just trying to compare the "to win prize" isn't the same. I would put the Doty race as #1, speedweek show #2, Attica Spring Nationals 2 nights as show #3 and #4 and then the Ambush events #5 and #6 on their schedule. I base that on the competition and also how the event is perceived as well, car counts, fans support, etc...

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                        That show if well attended should make Fremont some money. They dont have to pay a sanction fee so this should help make up for the bad weather shows this year.
                        Great pay out for teams. I have always heard very positive comments on this show.
                        As for now the weather looks good, but who will come to this event? Will fans stay away from local high school football, college football especially OSU has a night game or other racing events in the area? Will teams/driver of locals out of the area come to this event worried about competition such as Indiana regulars, Sharon/Wayne County/Western PA guys? Will other invaders come in? The WoO's and some hitting them (like Joey Saldana, Rico, Cory Eliason) are on the west coast, All-Stars are in NY/PA again while some Knoxville regulars are hanging out in PA these past couple of weekends, ASCS has 3 different regional races going on, IRA has 2 races in IA and MN that will likely get most of the local Knoxville guys that aren't in PA now and Atomic has a regular race which will likely keep their regulars there on Saturday.

The one big fish will be interesting to see is if Tim Shaffer comes to Fremont for easy money or does he go to PA for the dirt classic qualifier at Williams Grove. Don't get me wrong I think Fremont will get a good car count, but mostly regulars/Fast guys.
                        Last edited by DirtRacer42; 1 week ago.

Comment

Hope Farmer comes up and runs Butler. You guys have it pretty good with both Attica and Fremont. Now we'll see how the new Promoter does this next year. It's a lot harder than it looks and a lot of long thankless days.

Comment

Wow...everyone slamming on the guy who has kept the place up and running for a decade or so, added a Hall of Fame, added money to the purses and had as many high paying shows as he could fit onto the schedule, bought the FAST series from me and kept it going, and always had the best interest of the race car teams/owners at the forefront. So he pissed off Tony Stewart and Temper Tantrum Tony pulled his All Stars shows and that's all anyone remembers. Pretty sad. Go back and revisit the reason why Tony was pissed. I'll just stop there and say you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Thanks, Rich Farmer for everything you've done for Fremont Speedway. Some people will never know the half of it, or appreciate the things they do know about.
                            ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                            http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

I remember when Gary Kern had track with Joe and Shirley Thompson, who came after them up to Rich Farmer?

Isnt The Hall of Fame a separate entity? I thought I read it had its own committee and they did all the stuff separate from the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X