Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer Quits Fremont Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I wonder how many FAST/BOSS races will run on Saturdays at other tracks?

    Comment


    • #32
      I cant see all these traveling series doing much good. Fast has been proving that with them traveling is only getting their drivers more comfortable going to other tracks more often and not running fremont even when they are running... just see atomic with the 305s. The Fremont/Attica regulars who weren't in the top ten in points didn't travel to the outer tracks for the most part. Lee Jacobs, Shaffer, philo, and cole Duncan don't run a series because they like the freedom to go where they want to. With farmer out the picture at fremont id bet if he tried to turn fast into a more traveling series he would lose more teams. Burmeister car don't seem to travel often, Byron don't travel much, mintz has been up in the air on even racing let alone traveling, and zablocki don't travel either..etc.... To come to think about it if farmer did turn fast into a traveling series and fremont scheduled against it almost everyone would go to fremont over traveling id bet. This OSCS series is supposed to be a traveling series and not sure what thin air there pulling cars from either. I think its time for just the Allstars and OVSCA and go back to stronger weekly shows. Tracks not running against each others big shows or at least the 410 division. That's how things build and grow. 4 -7 car traveling series are a joke. Just look at the end of guy webb era with allstars.. Will fremont be better off with farmer who knows. The grass isn't always greener on the other side and who ever takes over will decide that. Could be very bad and might be best thing ever. depends on the replacement. Seen a guy with a master plan drive Deerfield into the ground in 4 shows. Had 130 cars in the pits every week prior to him and he did the inevitable and now the track is in limbo and not open because of legal crap from the agreement they had. See what happens and its a different situation with the fairboard and stuff at fremont I get that but the future of fremont will be on the new promoter.

      Comment


      • #33
        I wouldn't consider myself a naysayer as I have learned already early in life that if I don't have all the information or facts, probably not a good idea to comment or speculate on anything. I never had a problem really with Fremont as an operation but the last time I was there was the Outlaw race in 2016. These days the only shows I really go to a majority of the time are WoO & All Star shows.

        I know to some of you that makes me a bad fan because of the whole "support you local" track thing and I'm sorry for that. Living in Columbus though, I really do not have a local track. Atomic is about an hour from me, and when you factor in raising a 2year old, working a full-time job, and helping my wife with her own business it's hard to find time to clear a schedule to see any racing. I used to go to Attica/Fremont for weekly shows but now with life, I am just not able to. At the beginning of the year when the schedules come out, I look at all All Star & Outlaw races around here and plan accordingly. I have to make time in order to go, and it's hard to justify especially with needing to help out with a business, taking a 2plus hour trip to Fremont for a local show, when I know I have an All Star show or Outlaw show coming up.

        When it comes to the whole Tony All Stars vs Farmer, I don't care who started it, who was right, or who was wrong. Being a consumer/customer I just care about the racing and competition. Not that the locals are not competitive and don't put on a good show, I know they do. But for me, as a customer with money in his pocket, most likely in the past couple years if Fremont had All Star races or Outlaw races, I probably would have been to nearly all of them


        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
          I wouldn't consider myself a naysayer as I have learned already early in life that if I don't have all the information or facts, probably not a good idea to comment or speculate on anything. I never had a problem really with Fremont as an operation but the last time I was there was the Outlaw race in 2016. These days the only shows I really go to a majority of the time are WoO & All Star shows.

          I know to some of you that makes me a bad fan because of the whole "support you local" track thing and I'm sorry for that. Living in Columbus though, I really do not have a local track. Atomic is about an hour from me, and when you factor in raising a 2year old, working a full-time job, and helping my wife with her own business it's hard to find time to clear a schedule to see any racing. I used to go to Attica/Fremont for weekly shows but now with life, I am just not able to. At the beginning of the year when the schedules come out, I look at all All Star & Outlaw races around here and plan accordingly. I have to make time in order to go, and it's hard to justify especially with needing to help out with a business, taking a 2plus hour trip to Fremont for a local show, when I know I have an All Star show or Outlaw show coming up.

          When it comes to the whole Tony All Stars vs Farmer, I don't care who started it, who was right, or who was wrong. Being a consumer/customer I just care about the racing and competition. Not that the locals are not competitive and don't put on a good show, I know they do. But for me, as a customer with money in his pocket, most likely in the past couple years if Fremont had All Star races or Outlaw races, I probably would have been to nearly all of them
          Agree and I am in the same spot as you in some ways others not, but want to say very well said indeed!

          Comment


          • #35
            We used to go to the April & September All Star races at Fremont every year. I haven't been there since the WoO show in October of 2014.
            I live 2 hours away.

            Comment


            • #36
              Why Saphead you are missing some pretty good Boss shows there.

              Comment


              • #37
                I think BOSS is well run and has good car counts but Im not a non wing fan. Ill watch the show if it is with winged sprints but not traveling to just a non wing show. Grew up with and owned wing sprint cars and late models so that is my interest area.

                Comment


                • #38
                  BOSS at Mansfield was good.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                    Why Saphead you are missing some pretty good Boss shows there.
                    Boss does have really good turnouts and shows at fremont. The 410,360, and 305 running on the same show was very tempting to make that drive too but I ended up going somewhere closer.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                      I think BOSS is well run and has good car counts but Im not a non wing fan. Ill watch the show if it is with winged sprints but not traveling to just a non wing show. Grew up with and owned wing sprint cars and late models so that is my interest area.
                      Shame cause if you like LM's then honestly no clue how liked winged more but will say..., dollars for dollars you'll see better racing non wing

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Its hard to tell who's who at a non-wing race. Without the big wing, they only have a small number on the tail tank. Since I only see non-wingers a few times a year, I'm not familiar enough with the cars and drivers to know who drives what car. When Brady Bacon was at Fremont with BOSS I totally missed him in hot laps. I hope BOSS continues to come to Fremont and returns to the Attica schedule.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Unfortunately some of the non wing races I have seen were pretty much all low budget teams who had run winged races and were b main cars at best. The shows were not better racing as it seemed half the cars broke before feature. Nothing wrong for the low budget teams to have a series that is more affordable for them and is a good thing.
                          Maybe cause Im in more eastern Ohio where non wings are just not as popular.
                          Also saw BOSS added winged cars to their series and I see more ads for their winged series. Maybe non wing was not making the bookings.
                          There were some tracks that discontinued Boss shows cause the grandstands did not support them.
                          I really think it is area you are in. Fremont western enough to pull in the Indiana cars.
                          We all have our likes and dislikes, mine is just not a strong feeling to watch non wings.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            So far the two shows I’ve been to at Fremont we’re both of the BOSS shows. Ironically enough. They were the only ones I planned on going to that didn’t rain out
                            2018 Race Counter: 22
                            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I've attended many BOSS non wing shows and I certainly didn't see any issues with crowd size at all. The new winged series is something that Aaron decided to do when the non wings weren't running. I talked to him two weeks ago and he said that the only bad part this year with the non wing series has been rainouts. So far they have lost half of their entire 2018 schedule. As far as tracks not renewing with them, it is the complete opposite. They have more tracks wanting to schedule than they have dates available. Aaron and his daughter total run this series themselves so they don't have a big overhead. They continue to amaze with car count, sponsors and who follows them. They have provided a series that anyone can follow. Open tire rule, no engine limitations and no fees to the teams or drivers.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                                Wow...everyone slamming on the guy who has kept the place up and running for a decade or so, added a Hall of Fame, added money to the purses and had as many high paying shows as he could fit onto the schedule, bought the FAST series from me and kept it going, and always had the best interest of the race car teams/owners at the forefront. So he pissed off Tony Stewart and Temper Tantrum Tony pulled his All Stars shows and that's all anyone remembers. Pretty sad. Go back and revisit the reason why Tony was pissed. I'll just stop there and say you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

                                Thanks, Rich Farmer for everything you've done for Fremont Speedway. Some people will never know the half of it, or appreciate the things they do know about.
                                Ok then Swamp. What is Farmer's, Fremont's & your side of the story then on why Stewart pulled the ASCOC's from Fremont. Why was Stewart so pissed & in the wrong, uh?



                                2018 Races: Tulsa Chili Bowl-5, Attica-4, Waynesfield-8, Eldora-3, Mansfield-2, Lawrenceburg-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X