No announcement yet.

Farmer Quits Fremont Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the ASCoC have made the Jim Ford Classic better? Haud and Shafer were there and each of them won a feature. They are the better known to casual fans than the ASCoC drivers. (except Tony Stewart who does't race full time) I cannot think of any way the JFC would have benefitted from Tony's blessing.

Comment

No sanction fee to all stars.
      You control your own race program.
      You keep more profit.
      Sounds like a winning race to me and well done.

Comment

Some people make me laugh Fremont had 39 cars which is pretty good but what if they had 10 more cars of Reutzel,Macedo,Kemenah,McMahan,Blaney,Conley,Smith ,Zearfoos,Spithaler and Esh. I think that would have made it a awesome show. As far as saying Fremont doesn't need ASCoC I think it has been proven otherwise over the last couple of years.

Comment

I am only referring to Jim Ford race as it sounds like it was a winning show. 39 cars at this time of year is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
            Some people make me laugh Fremont had 39 cars which is pretty good but what if they had 10 more cars of Reutzel,Macedo,Kemenah,McMahan,Blaney,Conley,Smith ,Zearfoos,Spithaler and Esh. I think that would have made it a awesome show. As far as saying Fremont doesn't need ASCoC I think it has been proven otherwise over the last couple of years.
            You didn't go to the Jim Ford Classic did you? How can you accurately access the quality of a show you did not see? If the ASCoC returns to Fremont in 2019, how many regular shows will you attend? When you finish laughing, will you answer my questions?

Comment

The Jim Ford was a great race although IMO the truck race was the best race of the night.

I was happy with the car count and the exact “invaders” I expected are who showed up plus a couple of unexpected guys in gardener, devault and the matus’s. Would the all stars have added something to the show? Yes more cars with a few bigger names and a better format. Hate qualifying times lining up the feature.

Great event though it’s one I’ve been to the past 3 years and barring work I’ll be there.
              2018 Race Counter: 24
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Only fremont knows the numbers to say if the ascoc would be better. The allstars bring in more fans but does it offset the sanctioning fees and make it more profitable.

Comment

Mudinmybeer that is exactly what I was thinking and wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                    Only part of the problem has been resolved. Now the new leadership needs to restore the track to a respectable schedule. Closing down for other tracks, and going from closing 2 weeks for the Fair to 3 weeks, and now 4 weeks in 2018, needs to change. Otherwise : Out of sight = Out of mind = Out of business. Racing 10-11 times per year is reaching rock bottom. It’s a downward spiral. Just an opinion based on attending there since 1961.
                    Farmer and his Honey had to go to their getaway .. Cmon still honeymooning !!

Comment

So when they announcing promoter and divisions? Rumor is they already have the person picked. For teams a sooner than later announcement would be nice for sponsors, equipment upgrades, etc. Especially regarding lower classes such as trucks & lates

Comment

I’d imagine it will be announced at the banquet. That’s just my guess though. IMO I don’t see limited late division being back next year. If they want to do something like that just run a stock division. Racing wouldn’t change much and the bodies are cheaper. I think the 2 Sprint classes & Trucks make a great show at Fremont.
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I see a lot of tracks wait until PRI show sometimes and Wayne County seems to wait until February with other tracks with just small annoucements at banquet.

I actually like an earlier schedule release to plan time off.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            I see a lot of tracks wait until PRI show sometimes and Wayne County seems to wait until February with other tracks with just small annoucements at banquet.

I actually like an earlier schedule release to plan time off.
                            Luckily we don’t have to plan out vacation too early here. As long as schedule hasn’t been published we can request. Usually our schedule is posted out through about 2 months.

Comment

Well my place people get hired and work a week or 2 or a month and quit. I then have to cover their work so not easy to get off.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                                Well my place people get hired and work a week or 2 or a month and quit. I then have to cover their work so not easy to get off.
                                We have been full staff for a total of one week since I’ve worked here. I’ve only worked since May... and we’re definitely not even the most understaffed position in the department let alone the whole hospital.

Comment

Working...
                                X