Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waynesfield october 6th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • waynesfield october 6th

    seen where greg shobe and ron hammons have put a race together for the nra sprints $2500 to win non wing sprints $2000 to win and the ump mods for $1000 to win along with that they have a special for the grandstands$15 per person or bring a friend and its 2 for $25 hope to see everyone there.

  • #2
    Do they still run BOSS shows there?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Do they still run BOSS shows there?
      Waynesfield is to BOSS, what Fremont use to be to the All Stars.

      Comment


      • #4
        The BOSS series had 2 or 3 races scheduled at Waynesfield including the Jack Hewitt Classic this season. This race is a non-sanctioned non wing race. The 360 race is the NRA's final point race. I was a little concerned by the wording in the NRA's post kinda makes me think Waynesfield might not be back next year. I'd LOVE to go this event but I have my fiance's sister wedding to go to that day.
        2018 Race Counter: 22
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

        Comment


        • #5
          I had thought all the non wings were BOSS shows there cause they always had a good turnout.
          So that helps.

          Comment


          • #6
            Waynesfield is the only track in Ohio that runs weekly non wing sprint cars. BOSS doesn't race that weekend but there is a non wing race at Kokomo as a support class to the All Stars so the top guys in Indiana will be at Kokomo more than likely. Could see someone like Boyles come over in the Hazen 57 or T-Mez. The Gas City regulars basically.
            2018 Race Counter: 22
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

            Comment


            • #7
              A few yrs ago The Field was getting around 26 cars but that has dropped to the teens since about 6 to 8 guys have got hurt. The only one that has returned is Dustin Ingle that I can think of.

              Rob Guy, Tim Calicoat, Tommy Rhodes Jr., Mark Silva, Andy Conley & Dave ( can't think of his last name, Think it started with a D) are the ones to not come back.

              Comment


              • #8
                So the car count has gone down unless special shows.
                This is one track I have never been to.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  The 360 race is the NRA's final point race. I was a little concerned by the wording in the NRA's post kinda makes me think Waynesfield might not be back next year.
                  Word around the campfire a couple weeks ago was that Waynesfield's status for 2019 was less than secure. I hope that isn't true.
                  Last edited by Saphead; 1 week ago.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I had heard that around also, I believe it was Mansfield I heard them talking about it. Maybe they will go the special event route.
                    Did hear the rainouts part of problem.
                    This was a hard year for many tracks to be profitable.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      its like any business if you are making money you stay in business and keep going,if you are losing money you try and find a way to change that. in the racing business its up to you the fans to keep them going. at the end of the year it all comes down to profit and loss..so if you really have concerns about the 2019 year get out to Waynesfield and support your local track.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by luvwings View Post
                        its like any business if you are making money you stay in business and keep going,if you are losing money you try and find a way to change that. in the racing business its up to you the fans to keep them going. at the end of the year it all comes down to profit and loss..so if you really have concerns about the 2019 year get out to Waynesfield and support your local track.
                        Have planned on going twice since speedweek and rained out both times. Would love to be there but have a wedding that day.
                        2018 Race Counter: 22
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          GTiger55 if its not your wedding you don't have to be there lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by luvwings View Post
                            GTiger55 if its not your wedding you don't have to be there lol
                            Planning mine with fiancé I moved it back a week so it’s the week after Knoxville nationals instead of week before. 😂
                            Last edited by GTigers55; 1 week ago.
                            2018 Race Counter: 22
                            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

                              Planning mine with fiancé I moved it back a week so it’s the week after Knoxville nationals instead of week after. 😂
                              Winter is the best time of year to plan your wedding. Too many issues with racing season to try and plan it spring, summer or fall.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X