OSCS No More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCS No More

The Steven Pockock owned OSCS has officially rebranded as the Western Pennsylvania Sprint Car Series. Can see with having a point fund and higher payouts this really helping bring sprints back to province as Sharon has done this year.
    2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Hmmmmm
    Is there an official press release?
    Does that mean no Ohio shows?

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Hmmmmm
      Is there an official press release?
      Does that mean no Ohio shows?
      Kind of interested myself in this whole deal. I know that Aaron Frye with BOSS has dipped his toe in the water with a few winged shows this year so it will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I thought Pockock was interested in keeping the OSCS alive and well in Ohio. I guess time will tell how this plays out.

Comment

The OSCS never had a following this year. The WPSCS wont happen either. He sent me the same payout/purse for the OSCS for 2019 just a month ago. He has no tracks, cars or sponsors to pay the purse or points he's advertising. He's living a wet dream.

Comment

The announcement was on their Facebook page. I believe the area they’re targeting is Wayne County, Sharon, PPMS, Tri-City, Mercer, Raceway7 maybe Eriez?
          2018 Race Counter: 22
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

I hope Steve Pocock doesn't lose a lot of money.

Comment

Interesting to say the least.
              Have to see if anything comes of this.
              The western PA guys dont have much unless they go to the RUSH sprints. RUSH for the lates did not help the local late models in the Ohio area and they were given 3 years and it fizzled out.

Comment

Must not of had anyone interested in ohio. That and the fast traveling in ohio leaves zero room for cars to follow oscs. Western pa cars are loyal to lernerville and their crap payout and the sharon deal pays more then this series does already. Rumors been swirling mercer is being bought or leased for the 2019 season. Dont know who or any details but i was told the sale of the track is what took the announcement of little guy nationals so long. I dont think mr.pocock has a chance unless all the tracks over there are on board with it. Which is highly unlikely they need him. All it takes is one to not be on board and its a failure.

Comment

Can anyone give me some information on his background? I know he bought the OSCS from Randy McGown but I don't know much else about him. Has he been involved in sprint car racing previously? In what capacity? Any race track experience? How many events did they promote this year in Ohio? Thanks in advance for any info.

Comment

He is from fremont and did something with karts. Had a few dismissal oscs shows mainly at ppms that had low car counts. Atomic dropped the series halfway through the season. Wcs scheduled event got rained out. All i got.

Comment

I would think with FAST AND OVSCS and the 2 BOSS groups a 4th group just would struggle and crash and burn in Ohio.
                      If Fremont and Attica ever dropped FAST im not sure that series would survive.

Comment

www.pa410sprints.com
                        2018 Race Counter: 7
                        Eldora (5), Attica (2)

Comment

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire. I truly wish him luck. If there is a need I hope it succeeds

He did also start a pavement non wing series. It's the Tri State Sprint Car Series. They ran 1 race this year. Had it in the works for awhile. It drew 4 cars at South Bend Motor Speedway in Indiana. Not sure if that's continuing.

https://m.facebook.com/TriSateSprintCarSeries/

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            I would think with FAST AND OVSCS and the 2 BOSS groups a 4th group just would struggle and crash and burn in Ohio.
                            If Fremont and Attica ever dropped FAST im not sure that series would survive.
                            I've heard that the FAST series and winged BOSS series are going to combine next year. Not sure if it's true though.

Comment

FAST is an acronym and everybody knows what the letters stand for. If Fremont and Attica dropped the FAST series, a name change would be necessary. I have not seen a race at Fremont since August 4th. I'm ready as hell for for tomorrow nite. Lets go racing!

Comment

Working...
                              X