No announcement yet.

OSCS No More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen a race at Fremont in about 5 years due to the person running it. Can't wait till next year.

Comment

If FAST and BOSS wing combined and formed a touring series in western Ohio and Indiana that could be quite successful. Attica, Fremont, Limaland, Waynesfield, Eldora, Montpelier, Gas City, Butler, and MAYBE Kokomo would be a fantastic series.

2 weekends ARP/FRE
      1 weekend LIMA/WAYNS
      2 weekends GC/MNT
      1 weekend GC/MNT/KOKO
      1 weekend ARP/BUT

16 shows that would probably pull 8-12 cars that would follow tour if there was pay and nominal tow money.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I looked at this years 2018 BOSS schedule and the only 2 Ohio tracks that scheduled them were Atomic and Fremont.. Previously Eldora and WCS and there was another Ohio track but cant remember it did not pick them up this year.
        So maybe the 2 joining would give more scheduled dates.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          I looked at this years 2018 BOSS schedule and the only 2 Ohio tracks that scheduled them were Atomic and Fremont.. Previously Eldora and WCS and there was another Ohio track but cant remember it did not pick them up this year.
          Not for points and it’s going to be an Indiana based series. The FAST half would be the in on the Ohio tracks. Measuring contests would probably prevent eldora from ever being on the schedule.
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            What schedule were you looking at? They were also scheduled at Mansfield on 8/10 & 8/11. Limaland was scheduled for 6/8 and Waynesfield had two dates of 7/7 & 8/4. They won't return to Eldora since the series don't mandate the exact same safety standards that Eldora requires. I don't know about WCS.

Comment

I've heard that he never paid for the OSCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                What exactly was there to pay for other than a name that has no value?

Comment

Googled schedule so that is what I read.
                  Totally forgot Mansfield and I was there.

Safety issues never thought of that. Yes I could see tracks not booking them for that reason due to insurance.

OSCS was just a name purchase if no physical equipment or sponsorship went with it if that is case.

If they did not pay for it, maybe why name change as they no longer owned it.

Comment

You’re both right actually. The WINGED schedule was Fremont x2, Atomic, Montpelier, Gas City, and Route 44.

The non wing schedule had Lima, Waynesfield, Fremont, and atomic on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
                      I haven't seen a race at Fremont in about 5 years due to the person running it. Can't wait till next year.
                      Hey, Fred. What does your dislike of Rich Farmer have to do with the demise of the OSCS? That's what this thread is about. Any thoughts on that topic? You have not been to Fremont since September of 2013? That's the last time the WoO was there. Why not come to the Jim Ford Classic this weekend when the WoO is in California?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                        The term "breach of contract" got tossed around by the previous owner. He was the one that took the "Title Sponsor" from the OSCS and canceled the remaining dates that was scheduled at his track. So before anyone cast any judgement please get all the details.

Comment

I thought OSCS was a good series last year from the races I saw.

Have to see what the new replacement? series does.
                          Not even sure if this is now a replacement or complete new start with no ties.

But getting bookings, sponsorship, purse and a points fund might be a huge issue.

My thought is too many small series hurt each other. BOSS non wing, FAST, OVSCS have their niches and work.

Expanding BOSS wings this year made me wonder if that made 1 too many.

Comment

I think the idea behind launching BOSS wings was bc the OSCS was announced that they were done. 2 weeks after boss announced the wing deal OSCS came back so technically they’re the extra series.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post

What exactly was there to pay for other than a name that has no value?
                              My thoughts exactly but the price I heard was imho crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                                Hey, Fred. What does your dislike of Rich Farmer have to do with the demise of the OSCS? That's what this thread is about. Any thoughts on that topic? You have not been to Fremont since September of 2013? That's the last time the WoO was there. Why not come to the Jim Ford Classic this weekend when the WoO is in California?
                                Coming from the guy who bashes Mansfield and Cody Sommer every chance he gets. Hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X