Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 9/21-9/22

Weekend Highlights
    -It's Four Crown Weekend at Eldora Speedway featuring four divisions of open wheel cars with three different sanctioning bodies over two days. Friday features the world of outlaws sprint cars with their sixth appearance at Eldora on the year with the support class being the stock division getting some time to shine. Friday they will also run the USAC Silver Crown division preliminary action. Saturday is the big day with the ASCoC, USAC Non Wing Sprints, USAC Midgets, and USAC Silver Crown Feature. The Four Crown weekend features some of the best open wheel action you can see all year and all of the premier open wheel divisions, so this is one that you don't want to miss.

-Wayne County Speedway has their two day show the Ohio Dirt Blowout. Friday features the late models as the headliners, with Modifieds and the Super Stocks and mini stocks. Also headlining the show is a never ever won late model race. Saturday features the four regular divisions and the modifieds on tap with the OVSCA sprints paying $3k to win and $300 to start. The show is the OVSCA season finale with Dave Dickson having a narrow lead over Jason Dolick. Jordan Harble all but has the rookie title in his hands and still has an outside shot at the title coming back to his home track.

Weekend Plans
    -I get to work a lot... Plenty of good show's to go watch local or big go out and support your local tracks while they're still open this year!
    • September 21st
      • Eldora Speedway – WoO Sprints, Stocks, USAC Silver Crown qualifiers
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Never Ever Won Late Model Race
    • September 22nd
      • Eldora Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, USAC Non Wing Sprints, USAC Midgets, USAC Silver Crown - 4 Crown
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Steel Block LM’s
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
      • Skyline Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts – Dirt Blowout
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    Last edited by GTigers55; 3 weeks ago.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

I'm gonna pick whichever night looks better weather-wise for the 4-Crown.

Comment

Atomic cancelled their show this weekend to prepare for woo double header next week.

Comment

Portsmouth is not running from flooding from hurricane rains still. may open next weekend

Comment

WCS will be my track of choice this weekend. The never ever won races have been very good the last 2 years. They had a late model one 2 years ago, last year sprints and this year back to lates.

Show is typically well run, good reasonable concession and the important one is have to work Saturday and time wise is my best choice.

Comment

Once again a great job, GT.

Comment

Heading to Eldora both nights.Really interested to watch Buddy Kofoid and Zeb Wise race.Two young and up and coming drivers.Kofoid is 16 and Wise 15.

Comment

If Wise is 15 you won't be seeing him racing at Eldora this weekend. Their rules state driver must be 16.

Comment

Had a good weekend at Wayne County.
                  Give a lot of credit to the Florys and staff putting the effort into getting the show in on Friday with the huge rainstorm.
                  Saturday was great racing. Packed pits.

Comment

Eldora was fantastic again this past weekend with very good weather and a lot of good racing.

The WoO show was very good Friday night and seeing Greg Wilson come from the back once again was great to see along with Dave Blaney coming from mid-pack, Rico coming from the back to a top 10 as well. Others had pretty impressive nights as well such as the winner Marks who won his first race at Eldora, but the biggest surprise might have been how stacked the B-Main was that night seeing Schatz take a provisional while Rico, Ian, Wilson, and Macedo coming out of the B.

Saturday I thought the track was really good, but I guess Robert Ballou didn't think so more on that later. Seen a lot of racing from the top, to the middle having a couple of lanes and the bottom. Seeing Reutzel coming from mid-pack was impressive and once again a lot of cars moving up from the back. Seeing Philo have a good run at Eldora for a local guy was nice to see. I love the midgets at Eldora, but wondering if these cars should be limited to tracks smaller than a 1/2 mile tracks? When they flip it is nasty because of the size of the cars, the banking, how much speed they generate, etc... USAC sprints and silver crown cars put on a very good show even though I don't follow them as much.

To me, Saturday's 4-crown is one of the bigger events that doesn't get the pub it probably should. Had a pretty good crowd for the event and probably one of the bigger ones for this event when I have attended it. Remember along time ago it use to be a lot smaller event than now and nice seeing people coming to it. If you like any form of sprint cars this is one to attend.

Not sure if I hit the World 100 make-up show or not, but planning on the WoO Sunday show. Really hoping it is a day-time event (2- 4 o'clock start) since I have a couple hour drive home and work on Monday.

Biggest controversy was on Sunday when Robert Ballou opened up mouth and a lot of fans, drivers (Schuchart who said he even used his tire from Eldora at Lernerville the next night - Kyle Larson - Spenser Bayston - Tony Stewart - Rico), , teams, and owners (Tony Stewart and Keith Kunz) basically said he was wrong and shut the hell up. I don't follow him, but seems a lot of fans believe he complains about everything and got bitched slapped as they say.
                    Last edited by DirtRacer42; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post
                      Biggest controversy was on Sunday when Robert Ballou opened up mouth and a lot of fans, drivers (Schuchart who said he even used his tire from Eldora at Lernerville the next night - Kyle Larson - Spenser Bayston - Tony Stewart - Rico), , teams, and owners (Tony Stewart and Keith Kunz) basically said he was wrong and shut the hell up. I don't follow him, but seems a lot of fans believe he complains about everything and got bitched slapped as they say.
                      He's part of the group that believe earl was a god and that Tony can't do anything right. All he does is gripe about it no matter how the conditions are. Wish he'd just stop going to Eldora cause all he does is whine and complain about it every single time. When NOBODY else is complaining about something and you are I think it's clear who is incorrect.

Now one thing he did bring up is safety regarding Bayston's wreck. And I will say I agree that they should take midgets off of Eldora, it's entertaining but those cars go way too fast on that track.
                      2018 Race Counter: 24
                      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        Now one thing he did bring up is safety regarding Bayston's wreck. And I will say I agree that they should take midgets off of Eldora, it's entertaining but those cars go way too fast on that track.
                        I think you could say that for any half mile track anymore. I believe they should be limited to tracks under a half mile (IMO) ... because of their speed and their size doesn't bold well when something goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X