Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cody vs. Farmer vs. other tracks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cody vs. Farmer vs. other tracks.

    I have been on this website for many years and had to re-register when website/servers or software was changed. I have never seen a promoter get more passes from people on this board than Cody and Mansfield. I am not saying it is right, or wrong, but pointing out some hypocrisy?

    I did not agree with everything Farmer did. I was critical at an event early on during his tenure and did not agree with his rain out policy. However, he was last main supporter of Guy Webb to keep ASCoC alive for Tony Stewart to purchase the brand name and organization (Tony could have sided with the group running primarily at KC - I am too lazy to look up organization name) otherwise All Stars would have died then. Also, I did support Farmer with all his efforts during the Kroger parking lot sale episode to keep Fremont alive. Plus, Farmer has no interest in ownership of the property, the Fairboard owns the track and the long term success/failure and appreciation/depreciation value of the track.

    Now Cody cancels an advertised event days before the weekend, why? The reasons may be business sound or bad, but posters on this message board would be toasting other tracks (not just Farmer) for not maintaining their advertised schedule. As it is, Mansfield has cherry picked dates and run only specials with little to no consideration to other tracks schedules.

    Farmer is gone from Fremont. Other tracks are still held accountable by posters on here for maintaining schedules and trying to run regardless of weather forecasts, etc. while also maintaining strong car counts for weekly shows.

    To me reasoning on this board is gone. This is like watching Fox News or CNN. You already know the slant or outcome of the story (or post) by reading the screen name of the poster. I try to watch both news networks at times to get different perspectives. I just hope some on here will try to look at different situations from different perspectives before always criticizing negatively, or blindly supporting a person or track without looking at both sides or "the big picture".

    At the end of the day, we are all still very lucky to have as many options for motorsports as we do in Ohio to support.

  • #2
    I'm a poster who doesn't give Cody Somer a pass. He stole race dates from Attica and Fremont. In no way will I support that. Now that both tracks are done for the season, I considered attending his Friday event. And he cancels because it might rain. Rain or shine, he was going to lose a bundle of $$. Why did it take him until so long to figure that out?

    Comment


    • #3
      Didn’t see anyone gripe about McCown and atomic cancelling some scheduled events. Everyone has their own opinions and biases. I enjoy all of our local tracks. I was raised 20 minutes from Mansfield and have seen the economic impact the return of the speedway brought to my former home. So I’ll give somewhere that’s been open 2 years and ran 10 events more of a pass than a place that has had the same promoter for 15(?) years.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dzirzow View Post
        I have been on this website for many years and had to re-register when website/servers or software was changed. I have never seen a promoter get more passes from people on this board than Cody and Mansfield. I am not saying it is right, or wrong, but pointing out some hypocrisy?

        I did not agree with everything Farmer did. I was critical at an event early on during his tenure and did not agree with his rain out policy. However, he was last main supporter of Guy Webb to keep ASCoC alive for Tony Stewart to purchase the brand name and organization (Tony could have sided with the group running primarily at KC - I am too lazy to look up organization name) otherwise All Stars would have died then. Also, I did support Farmer with all his efforts during the Kroger parking lot sale episode to keep Fremont alive. Plus, Farmer has no interest in ownership of the property, the Fairboard owns the track and the long term success/failure and appreciation/depreciation value of the track.

        Now Cody cancels an advertised event days before the weekend, why? The reasons may be business sound or bad, but posters on this message board would be toasting other tracks (not just Farmer) for not maintaining their advertised schedule. As it is, Mansfield has cherry picked dates and run only specials with little to no consideration to other tracks schedules.

        Farmer is gone from Fremont. Other tracks are still held accountable by posters on here for maintaining schedules and trying to run regardless of weather forecasts, etc. while also maintaining strong car counts for weekly shows.

        To me reasoning on this board is gone. This is like watching Fox News or CNN. You already know the slant or outcome of the story (or post) by reading the screen name of the poster. I try to watch both news networks at times to get different perspectives. I just hope some on here will try to look at different situations from different perspectives before always criticizing negatively, or blindly supporting a person or track without looking at both sides or "the big picture".

        At the end of the day, we are all still very lucky to have as many options for motorsports as we do in Ohio to support.
        Cody didn't cancel the modified race. The series did.

        Comment


        • #5
          If someone actually cared it cancelled they could start a post and complain on here......Ill even post a few crickets under it. Nobody cared about that show even the series themselves.

          Comment


          • #6
            Going with GT on this one.
            Those races at Mansfield brought a lot of income into the area at gas stations, motels, food places and etc. Plus they hired quite a few people to work at track so there was some spare money for folks to earn. They had the Mansfield police and Fire departments on board with them.
            That can be said for most of the tracks bringing income into area on special events.

            Taking dates away from Attica and Fremont I dont understand completely as Farmer held his series at a 2 day show there for tremendous money purse.

            I think Mansfield tried to work somewhat with tracks by not scheduling dates on their big shows and he released his schedule very early. Not sure what communication he would have worked with other tracks if they did connect.

            I would like to see him actually work with a few tracks on some race deals.

            Seems I remember other tracks having schedules out and then they saw another track having a big show and then they would change their shows to same or bigger payout to gain cars there. Im not talking Mansfield on this either.

            If you look at GTs weekend outlooks, there are currently a lot of tracks running on both Friday and Saturday so somebody doing a special is going to be going against another.






            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
              If someone actually cared it cancelled they could start a post and complain on here......Ill even post a few crickets under it. Nobody cared about that show even the series themselves.
              Apparently your wrong. I was thinking of going as have couple others mentioned

              Comment


              • #8
                Not really. Nobody even mentioned this show until it cancelled. Two of you said you thought about going but dont seem upset it cancelled. Shows nobody really cared. Let a real show cancel for no apparent reason and there would be multi page threads of everyone complaining.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Mansfield track needs a better publicity person or get with the News Journal and WMFD and other local papers because none of them had the results and any highlights of the races this year. A lot of Mansfield area people don't even know the track is back up and running. That would help get more sponsorship for the track and draw more fans to the track.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by racemike View Post
                    The Mansfield track needs a better publicity person or get with the News Journal and WMFD and other local papers because none of them had the results and any highlights of the races this year. A lot of Mansfield area people don't even know the track is back up and running. That would help get more sponsorship for the track and draw more fans to the track.
                    To be fair I don’t think Mansfield even posts their results.
                    2018 Race Counter: 24
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was looking forward to attending the race this weekend. All you guys who hate mods are just sprint car fans and not race fans. There is a ton of talented drivers in the mods. If you've never seen Kyle Strickler race your missing out. Guys like Rick Aukland run mods these days and he has won over 850 races in his career in sprints, late models and now mods. Too bad they didn't get this one in I bet they would've had 60-80 mods.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have been to several mod races in Ohio and PA. Kyle Strickler has the best of everything compared to the mods I saw. He would come in for big money shows and there would be about 2 to 3 other cars of his caliber. Soon as he pulled in we knew who would win. He often started front 2 rows from race rules.

                        This just took my interest from the shows for me. He has the talent and money but going against the cars he did and lapping everyone 1 or more laps just was not my idea of a race.
                        Not his fault just the others didnt have the sponsorship money.

                        Now if I got to see a race where all the mods were up to his caliber then I might be more interested.

                        Actually used to admire Lou Blaney in the mods with some of those races being very competitive.

                        Guess watching some of the local shows where it would take almost an hour to run feature kinda killed it for me also. There were no Stricklers at those.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Money don't buy wins in a mod but sure does help. That being said I've enjoyed the ump nationals @ Eldora with all the mods and racing was great. A strickler there wasn't given win when pulled into gate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                            Money don't buy wins in a mod but sure does help. That being said I've enjoyed the ump nationals @ Eldora with all the mods and racing was great. A strickler there wasn't given win when pulled into gate
                            I had planned to go to that event last year but it rained out.
                            2018 Race Counter: 24
                            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X