X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Muddy

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
      Reporting in from Montpellier: 29 410 winged Sprints on hand. At least 10 Ohioans. Lee Jacobs fast time and NTR. All 3 Heats won by Ohioans. Among the Ohio cars are Philo, Peterson, Gardner, Sodeman, Duncan, Reeser, Stinson, Davis, Blair, Danny Smith, and maybe one or two others.
      This tells me that Ohio teams still want to race even a lot of teams that don't usually travel that often, but for some reason Ohio sprint car tracks don't this late in the year and I still don't get it especially when you factor in all the rain-outs this past year. In today's world of social media, 24/7 News-Sports cycles, and people getting their information in a minutes notice you can change your schedule up at some point.

Heck in late Sept/early Oct shake things up such as running during the day on a Saturday/Sunday or early evening if your worried about competing against your local high school football, run on another day than your normal day of racing, etc... You can make these special shows or extra shows where they don't count for your points title and mess that up or get people complaining about changing the schedule up.

It's sad how nice this past weekend was and no sprint car shows the entire weekend in the state. It makes it out of sight, out of mind for a lot of people.

I know some posters will say I am not putting any money into this deal like a track/promoter does, but I and many other fans have stated they would be at these type of events later in the year if they schedule them as well. Look at PA right now where they have these bigger events later in the year and have the All-Stars, WoO's, and a lot of invaders coming into their state to race. So the old saying "if you book a event they will come applies" and again this race in Indiana proves it as well (IMO). Brian Brown is basically staying in PA for a month because of their later schedule and bigger events.

Comment

With global warming here to stay, it’s time to consider increasing the season’s length. We’ve had a lot of warm weather in the Fall in recent years, and it may be worth at least an experiment to schedule a limited number of Fall races. Track’s can speculate on whether or not it will work, but until it is tried, it is all speculation. They had a decent crowd at Montpelier on Saturday, despite the track being in a sparsely populated area, and somewhere in excess of 125 race cars ( with significant head count in the Pits ). This is just my opinion, but I think the fear of high school football is overstated. The local television stations in my area show extensive video highlights of football throughout northern Ohio ( “ Big Board Friday “ ) and the crowds are not what they were decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
          With global warming here to stay, it’s time to consider increasing the season’s length. We’ve had a lot of warm weather in the Fall in recent years, and it may be worth at least an experiment to schedule a limited number of Fall races. Track’s can speculate on whether or not it will work, but until it is tried, it is all speculation. They had a decent crowd at Montpelier on Saturday, despite the track being in a sparsely populated area, and somewhere in excess of 125 race cars ( with significant head count in the Pits ). This is just my opinion, but I think the fear of high school football is overstated. The local television stations in my area show extensive video highlights of football throughout northern Ohio ( “ Big Board Friday “ ) and the crowds are not what they were decades ago.
          Agreed. I’m not a big fan of 360 Sprints, but am not ready to throw in the towel for 2018, so will attend Waynesfield on October 6 for 360’s and non winged 410’s. There will be some temps in the 70’s and even possibly 80’s at times through mid October. Long range forecast for that show is high in the mid 70’s. Let’s race !

Comment

Just a shout out for another great show October 6th at Kokomo Speedway. The ASCoC will be there and also a newly scheduled WAR non wing sprint race with driver Kyle Cummins eligible for a $20,000 pay check if he can win the feature event. The WAR series was moved to Kokomo due to Fairbury Speedway in Illinois cancelling the show early last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post
              Just a shout out for another great show October 6th at Kokomo Speedway. The ASCoC will be there and also a newly scheduled WAR non wing sprint race with driver Kyle Cummins eligible for a $20,000 pay check if he can win the feature event. The WAR series was moved to Kokomo due to Fairbury Speedway in Illinois cancelling the show early last week.
              What are the circumstances allowing the potential $20k pay day?

Comment

"His win at Lucas Oil Speedway was preceded by a victory at Lake Ozark Speedway in August, and means that a triumph at Fairbury American Legion Speedway on October 6th would give Cummins a clean sweep of the Bell Racing USA Triple Crown Challenge and send him home with a whopping $20,000 payday!"

https://www.bellracing.com/bell-helm...okomo-speedway
                2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 - (5)-Attica, (3)-Ocala, (3)-Mansfield, (3)-Sharon, (3)-Wayne Co., (2)-Volusia, (2)-Waynsfield, (2)-Atomic, (2)-Williams Grove, (2)-Port Royal, (2)-Eldora, (1)-Fremont, (2)-Outlaw (NY), (1)-Stateline (NY), (1)-Weedsport, (1)-Plymouth-WI, (1)-Lernerville, (1)-Plymouth-IN, (1)-Dirt Oval @ Route 66, (1)-Chicagoland, (1)-Eriez, (1)-PPMS, (1)-Lebanon Valley (1)-Angell Park, (1)-Jackson Motorplex, (1)-Knoxville, (1)-34 Raceway, (1)-Lincoln (PA), (1)-Grandview, (1)-Susquhanna, (1) Selinsgrove: (12-Rain Outs)
                2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  "His win at Lucas Oil Speedway was preceded by a victory at Lake Ozark Speedway in August, and means that a triumph at Fairbury American Legion Speedway on October 6th would give Cummins a clean sweep of the Bell Racing USA Triple Crown Challenge and send him home with a whopping $20,000 payday!"

https://www.bellracing.com/bell-helm...okomo-speedway
                  Just so everyone understands, Kyle won the first two legs of the Bell Triple Crown with wins at Lake Ozark Speedway and Lucas Oil Speedway. The final leg was supposed to be held at Fairbury American Legion Speedway this coming Saturday. For some reason, Fairbury cancelled the race due to "weather" last week. Ha ha ha. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. So the WAR series worked diligently to secure another track in order to give Kyle the opportunity to race for the big bucks. Kokomo was already running the ASCoC finale and so they agreed to provide the opportunity for this race to be run.

It should be a great show with both wings and traditional sprint cars on the program. Looking forward to this Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

Just so everyone understands, Kyle won the first two legs of the Bell Triple Crown with wins at Lake Ozark Speedway and Lucas Oil Speedway. The final leg was supposed to be held at Fairbury American Legion Speedway this coming Saturday. For some reason, Fairbury cancelled the race due to "weather" last week. Ha ha ha. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. So the WAR series worked diligently to secure another track in order to give Kyle the opportunity to race for the big bucks. Kokomo was already running the ASCoC finale and so they agreed to provide the opportunity for this race to be run.

It should be a great show with both wings and traditional sprint cars on the program. Looking forward to this Saturday night.
                    Thanks guys. I'm headed to Kokomo for the 2nd time ever this Saturday. Went for the BC Indiana double race on Memorial Day weekend and the limited car count put on a good show. Excited to see winged cars get around Kokomo. Hoping for a full field of wingless cars and Ballou to show up with his USAC suspension...

Comment

Ballou also got suspended from racing in any events at Eldora, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg. In my opinion he got a raw deal for just spouting off about lack of track prep.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                        Ballou also got suspended from racing in any events at Eldora, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg. In my opinion he got a raw deal for just spouting off about lack of track prep.
                        It wasnt about track prep that got him in trouble and in fact saw about 10-12 drivers, owners, and crew members saying how good the track was for winged sprints, non-wing, and midgets from the top, middle, and bottom.

I believe his comments crossed the line when he brought up Eldora was going to get somebody killed.

Ballou is a driver that complains a lot and this wasn't the first time of him going off on a track, but attacking the track, the owner of the facility crossed the line and it went to far (IMO) and that is why USAC stepped in and told him to sit the rest of the year.

The real issue might have been that he hit the wall in turn 2 and wanted to blame somebody else for his mess up and not blame his set-up or driving ability?
                        Last edited by DirtRacer42; 1 week ago.

Comment

I was referring to his comments about lack of track prep at Kokomo and Lawrenceburg as well as Eldora. Ballou does spout off a lot but no more than Stewart has and still does. I don't think suspending him was the right move. I'm sure the upper echelon of the sport had a hand in the USAC decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                            I was referring to his comments about lack of track prep at Kokomo and Lawrenceburg as well as Eldora. Ballou does spout off a lot but no more than Stewart has and still does. I don't think suspending him was the right move. I'm sure the upper echelon of the sport had a hand in the USAC decision.
                            I don't remember Stewart ever saying anything about track prep is going to kill somebody? That is what got him in trouble with USAC along with spouting off with Stewart and other fans about the deal at Eldora and I am sure USAC talked with fellow members -- drivers, owners, crew guys to ask them about the track before making this decision as well.

This isn't like Ballou can't race anywhere for the rest of the season which really isn't that far away for some series while some are already done so there are plenty of races that are non-USAC racing events. Heck he can even strap on a wing if he wants or go to other non-wing shows.

Comment

Ballou was at Montpelier in the Winged car, didn't do half bad either.

Also would like to note, this thread is titled "a new, non controversial thread" and it's somehow turned into a discussion about probably the most controversial non wing driver in the country . I applaud the effort Food for Thought.
                              2018 Race Counter: 24
                              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X