Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
    A update on the Kiser 23. They are putting Hunter Schuerenberg in their car for a few races this coming week for some speedweek shows.
    Oh no, it's not someone from Ohio. Bring on the rants...

Awesome news though. Will be exciting to see him run here a bit more often even it's just a short period of time. Schuerenberg is a good shoe.
    2019 Race Counter: 30
    Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1), Big B (1), Montpelier (1)

Comment

• Don't he have a WoO ride already? I'm sure a great choice and locally I think writing on wall, you must be no older than this to drive this ride. Nothing wrong with going younger, it's the way some things wurje

Comment

• He’s ran some with Swindell but it wasn’t full tome on anything. He’s true outlaw mainly.
        2019 Race Counter: 30
        Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1), Big B (1), Montpelier (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
          Don't he have a WoO ride already? I'm sure a great choice and locally I think writing on wall, you must be no older than this to drive this ride. Nothing wrong with going younger, it's the way some things wurje
          The car has nothing to do with age on picking drivers. The driver that was going to be hired at the beginning of the season until his work wouldn't let him out on Fridays was in his mid 40s and same for the 1st driver called last Sunday.

Comment

• Easy, didn't mean that ride specifically. Was general statement regarding owners wanting younger drivers in this area and sure goes same for others.

Comment

• Mad Max going to the Joe Seeling 97 per Max's Twitter.

Comment

• Caleb Helms was in the Ron Gorby G1 car at Attica. Can't find anything saying if that was a 1 race deal, all of speedweek or how long they plan on running together.
                TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Musical chairs and everyone got a seat.

Helms from 97 to G1
                  Max from 23 to 97
                  Hunter from G1 to 23

The Helms and Hunter S rides both said for a few Speedweek shows so we will see what happens after that.

Comment

• Neither were at Muskingum

Comment

• Spencer Bayston is out of the Premier Motorsports 70x. No word of a new ride for him, or new driver for that car. Bayston is currently 3rd is Ascoc points.
                      TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                        Spencer Bayston is out of the Premier Motorsports 70x. No word of a new ride for him, or new driver for that car. Bayston is currently 3rd is Ascoc points.
                        Wonder if he knew before last night?

He has done well for the most part so kind of surprised, but not as well since Premier Motorsports use to go through drivers like most guys go through underwear. I take it he wasn't bringing any money to the team like what Dave Blaney did or like Brock Zearfoss now so that has to be part of the issue.

Maybe Bayston can hook up with Kevin Swindell again whenever C-Bell isn't in the car because they ran good together I thought at least? Selfishly I hope he can find a all-star type ride because I like watching him with a wing on and hoping he sticks with it.
                        2019 Race Counter: 25
                        Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (7), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                        DirtVision: 42.
                        Speedshift: 32.
                        Rain: Way to many to even count this season!

Comment

• Bump.

Per the Demyan-Rudzik Racing Twitter, they and Tim Shaffer(along with Cody Jacobs) have mutually split. I'm a little shocked at this one, that combination seemed to be money almost wherever they went.

Curious to see who gets in the 49x and where Shaff and Jacobs land.
                          TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                            Bump.

Per the Demyan-Rudzik Racing Twitter, they and Tim Shaffer(along with Cody Jacobs) have mutually split. I'm a little shocked at this one, that combination seemed to be money almost wherever they went.

Curious to see who gets in the 49x and where Shaff and Jacobs land.
                            I sure didn't see that one coming. Apparently, neither did Shaffer. He says there wasn't anything mutual about it.

Comment

• Wow ... Shocked!

Was actually thinking they might be a group that could contend on the WoO tour if they really wanted to next year and thought they was building towards that point.
                              Last edited by DirtRacer42; August 16th, 2019, 08:40 PM.
                              2019 Race Counter: 25
                              Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (7), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                              DirtVision: 42.
                              Speedshift: 32.
                              Rain: Way to many to even count this season!

Comment

• Since they parted ways with both Shaffer and Cody Jacobs, makes me wonder if the team 1) is closing up shop or 2) has a driver with funding behind him and is bringing their own crew chief as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X