Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cory Eliason to run the Rudeen 26 in 2019 per the team. They have come from the West coast a few times for speedweek and Kings Royal weekend. Eliason is a young up and come. Wonder what this means for the Roth car he drove. Wonder what Joey Saldana's plans are. I think he is still a capable driver especially in our area. Was real fast in the Indy Race Parts 71 in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
      Cory Eliason to run the Rudeen 26 in 2019 per the team. They have come from the West coast a few times for speedweek and Kings Royal weekend. Eliason is a young up and come. Wonder what this means for the Roth car he drove. Wonder what Joey Saldana's plans are. I think he is still a capable driver especially in our area. Was real fast in the Indy Race Parts 71 in 2017
      Cory stated that the Roth plans were up in the air and they told him if he wanted a similar type of schedule that he ran with them this past year to look elsewhere because they wasn't sure on their plans.

Would be nice to see Joey in a All-Star level car next season, but I have been saying the same thing about Dale Blaney and a few others as well.

Lane Racing with Cap Henry might be upping their schedule this upcoming year asking race fans where and with who they should race with, but who knows what that means?
      2019 Race Counter: 18
      Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
      DirtVision: 15.
      Speedshift: 20.
      Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Saw some pictures on Facebook from Haudenschild racing's page. Shows a couple cars being built with a text stating Jac getting ready for 2019. Looks like he will be in his own car again.

Comment

Daryn Pittman to the 83 Roth car in 2019 or until May or June if he if he is not Top 3 with 8wins by then

Comment

Curious is KKR parks the 9 or continues the sponsor search for another driver.
            TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
              Kasey Kahne posted a tweet thanking Daryn for his time. He mentioned that with himself transitioning to WoO that he could not fund 3 teams unfortunately.

I take from that is that the 9 is done and possibly Kasey Kahne will be a full time Outlaw possibly??

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

I take from that is that the 9 is done and possibly Kasey Kahne will be a full time Outlaw possibly??
                Just saw the tweet, definitely reads that way.
                TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                  I am sure if a sponsor came along right now Kasey would look to put somebody into the #9 car.
                  Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (4), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Wayne County (1).
                  DirtVision: 15.
                  Speedshift: 20.
                  Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Kasey Kahne and Carson Macedo for rookie of the year so far in Outlaws. That'll be a damn tough competition.
                    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Kahne won't be running the full tour, so won't be able to keep up with Macedo for rookie of the year in 2019.
                      Last edited by armyduke; November 19th, 2018, 12:57 PM.
                      2019 Race Counter: 3
                      Port Royal (1); Attica (1); Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                        Kahne won't be running the full tour, so won't be able to keep up with Macedo for rookie of the year in 2019.
                        Has Kasey came out and ruled out the possibility of full-time with the WoO? Because from his statement on DP it definitely sounded like he might.

As for parking or hiring someone for the #9 car... I'd guess he just puts himself in the seat and the #4 car would be no more.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

Has Kasey came out and ruled out the possibility of full-time with the WoO? Because from his statement on DP it definitely sounded like he might.

As for parking or hiring someone for the #9 car... I'd guess he just puts himself in the seat and the #4 car would be no more.
                          Unless he changed his mind since August (which he wouldn't be the first person to change their mind)
                          “Definitely not a full deal because that doesn’t do me much good for backing off a bit. But, you can do 40-50 races in about 3 months in that deal. And still have 8-9 months to do other things.”

My guess is he signs up platinum member to get the tow money until he drops off (like Destiny, Roth, Rudeen (in All Stars) and others last year and TMAC in the past have done).
                          2019 Race Counter: 3
                          Port Royal (1); Attica (1); Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                            My guess is he signs up platinum member to get the tow money until he drops off (like Destiny, Roth, Rudeen (in All Stars) and others last year and TMAC in the past have done). [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                            I always have wondered how the series feel about guys who do this. Do they still make out by being able to promote the driver for the time they run the tour still or do they basically lose the money on it. Makes me wonder if they don't like it, why they haven't changed something to discourage teams from essentially taking advantage of the membership. I guess you could argue that the membership cost offsets it but I don't know the cost of membership vs the average tow.
                            Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

New title sponsor for the ASCoC. Article also mentions the full All Star schedule should be out sometime next week. I imagine that Arctic Cat merch will be on turbo sale very shortly.
                              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

The Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions just doesn't roll off the tongue like Arctic Cat did. The logo looks awesome though.

Comment

Working...
                                X