Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armyduke View Post
    Kahne posted his schedule for 2019 in the 9 car. Not running all the WoO shows
    Kahne's schedule is available at the link posted. Only Ascoc races currently listed are Florida and the MN/IA swing, rest is all WoO and Knoxville, No Ohio speedweek. KKR Twitter did say that Kasey's schedule was tentative.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Dave Blaney will be back in his own car running the 98H sponsored by Mohawk Northeast. He will be focusing on Pennsylvania and Ohio while running some of the big shows. He is scaling back quite a bit but still plans on running 35-40 races.

Comment

• Terry McCarl takes over the Destiny ride, team is moving from Indiana to Iowa. Article says team will run Volusia but no further schedule announced.
        Destiny Motorsports and TMAC Motorsports have teamed up to put veteran sprint car driver Terry McCarl behind the wheel of the No. 4 sprint car.
        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
          Terry McCarl takes over the Destiny ride, team is moving from Indiana to Iowa. Article says team will run Volusia but no further schedule announced.
          No further schedule announced because the team is likely to split up before they leave Florida hahahaha. Joking aside hopefully Destiny has finally found the right formula this time around.

Comment

• Did not expect to see Terry go to Destiny. I’d imagine they’re gonna run Knoxville and probably some bigger events. I could be (and probably am) wrong but since destiny has scaled back the past two years and still hasn’t found as much as success as they’d like I imagine shooting for a Knoxville championship would be a prestigious and attainable goal.
            2019 Race Counter: 8
            Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

• Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Brady Bacon back to the Hoffman 69 running full time on USAC Sprint tour. Seen him quite a bit the past couple of years so may not see the 99 as much around our area depending on the USAC schedule

Comment

• He seemed to back off the winged stuff to focus more on the USAC stuff again. If I recall hearing an interview he was able to support family best running USAC since he’s one of top dogs there.

Comment

• Bacon also stated in Flat Out magazine that he makes money from merchandise sales than he does racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    Did not expect to see Terry go to Destiny. I’d imagine they’re gonna run Knoxville and probably some bigger events. I could be (and probably am) wrong but since destiny has scaled back the past two years and still hasn’t found as much as success as they’d like I imagine shooting for a Knoxville championship would be a prestigious and attainable goal.
                    I look at it that Destiny came to Terry. It is all Terry's stuff and crew and Destiny has been an associate sponsor on Terry's cars for many years so they just stepped up to primary backer. The Destiny owners have spent a ton on sprint car racing and hopefully Terry can give them some success they deserve.

Comment

• Chris Andrews posted that he and the Burmeister’s have parted ways and he’s looking for a 2019 ride

Comment

• Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post
                        Chris Andrews posted that he and the Burmeister’s have parted ways and he’s looking for a 2019 ride
                        DJ Foos is stepping into the 16 for the year

Comment

• Nice to see for Foos. Chris Andrews posted a picture of him and DJ "swapping" wives at the bowling alley where they were behind each other's wives. Pretty funny joke I thought.

Comment

• Reutzel back with the All Stars per teams twitter page

Comment

• The Jimco Motorsports 97G has "decided not to race this year" per a tweet from now former driver Hunter Schurenberg. Driver looking for a new opportunity.
                              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                                The Jimco Motorsports 97G has "decided not to race this year" per a tweet from now former driver Hunter Schurenberg. Driver looking for a new opportunity.
                                They did that the year prior as well I think? Then Dobmeier combined a bunch of teams and JimCo fielded it for Schurenberg last year. Schurenberg was always successful in his own equipment as well so hopefully he still has all of that to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                                X