Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTigers55
    started a topic 2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

2019 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

September 20th Broc Martin announced that he and the Seeling 97 are splitting ways. He’ll return to his family 83M car for 2019. The plus for local race fans- 1 more car on the track next year.

Also, PPM teased last week that he’ll be running full time in a major series next year on last weeks buckeye speed zone and that an announcement will be coming in down the line.
    Last edited by GTigers55; September 27th, 2018, 08:52 AM. Reason: * Seeling, stupid autocorrect.

• RRacer70
    replied
    young drivers bringing money is the new deal.
    Sadly many good drivers who could excel are cut out of the equation cause they are not bringing big money with them.
    Feel for Tim and Cody as Tim was one of my go to cars to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint14
    replied
    Since they parted ways with both Shaffer and Cody Jacobs, makes me wonder if the team 1) is closing up shop or 2) has a driver with funding behind him and is bringing their own crew chief as well.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Wow ... Shocked!

Was actually thinking they might be a group that could contend on the WoO tour if they really wanted to next year and thought they was building towards that point.
    Last edited by DirtRacer42; 17 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• Blaniac1
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
    Bump.

Per the Demyan-Rudzik Racing Twitter, they and Tim Shaffer(along with Cody Jacobs) have mutually split. I'm a little shocked at this one, that combination seemed to be money almost wherever they went.

Curious to see who gets in the 49x and where Shaff and Jacobs land.
    I sure didn't see that one coming. Apparently, neither did Shaffer. He says there wasn't anything mutual about it.

Leave a comment:

• TheAMain
    replied
    Bump.

Per the Demyan-Rudzik Racing Twitter, they and Tim Shaffer(along with Cody Jacobs) have mutually split. I'm a little shocked at this one, that combination seemed to be money almost wherever they went.

Curious to see who gets in the 49x and where Shaff and Jacobs land.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
    Spencer Bayston is out of the Premier Motorsports 70x. No word of a new ride for him, or new driver for that car. Bayston is currently 3rd is Ascoc points.
    Wonder if he knew before last night?

He has done well for the most part so kind of surprised, but not as well since Premier Motorsports use to go through drivers like most guys go through underwear. I take it he wasn't bringing any money to the team like what Dave Blaney did or like Brock Zearfoss now so that has to be part of the issue.

Maybe Bayston can hook up with Kevin Swindell again whenever C-Bell isn't in the car because they ran good together I thought at least? Selfishly I hope he can find a all-star type ride because I like watching him with a wing on and hoping he sticks with it.

Leave a comment:

• TheAMain
    replied
    Spencer Bayston is out of the Premier Motorsports 70x. No word of a new ride for him, or new driver for that car. Bayston is currently 3rd is Ascoc points.

Leave a comment:

• MFW
    replied
    Neither were at Muskingum

Leave a comment:

• MIRacing
    replied
    Musical chairs and everyone got a seat.

Helms from 97 to G1
    Max from 23 to 97
    Hunter from G1 to 23

The Helms and Hunter S rides both said for a few Speedweek shows so we will see what happens after that.

Leave a comment:

• TheAMain
    replied
    Caleb Helms was in the Ron Gorby G1 car at Attica. Can't find anything saying if that was a 1 race deal, all of speedweek or how long they plan on running together.

Leave a comment:

• MIRacing
    replied
    Mad Max going to the Joe Seeling 97 per Max's Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Easy, didn't mean that ride specifically. Was general statement regarding owners wanting younger drivers in this area and sure goes same for others.

Leave a comment:

• Duane
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    Don't he have a WoO ride already? I'm sure a great choice and locally I think writing on wall, you must be no older than this to drive this ride. Nothing wrong with going younger, it's the way some things wurje
    The car has nothing to do with age on picking drivers. The driver that was going to be hired at the beginning of the season until his work wouldn't let him out on Fridays was in his mid 40s and same for the 1st driver called last Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    He’s ran some with Swindell but it wasn’t full tome on anything. He’s true outlaw mainly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X