Silly Season 2018 Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Season 2018 Begins

September 20th Broc Martin announced that he and the Seeling 97 are splitting ways. He’ll return to his family 83M car for 2019. The plus for local race fans- 1 more car on the track next year.

Also, PPM teased last week that he’ll be running full time in a major series next year on last weeks buckeye speed zone and that an announcement will be coming in down the line.
    Last edited by GTigers55; 3 weeks ago. Reason: * Seeling, stupid autocorrect.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

I saw the theory about one more car back on the track. However wasn't Helms in the 97 within the last 2 weeks? Regardless if put someone in that ride that already has a car then it will all even out. I'm not trying to sound negative that's just the thought that came to mind.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what happens in the bigger series and might trickle down to other teams as well and possibly locally too.
      Last edited by DirtRacer42; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Buddy Kofoid to run in the Ed Neumeister 11N full time next season. We all know how the last California kid turned out who came to Midwest with linders on the wrenches. If Gio didn’t happen to come at the same time this would be the “prodigal son” so to speak from Cali right now. Interested to see if he continues to perform at as high as a level as he did in his few Ohio starts this season.
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Also, for those who haven't heard Tracy Hines is retiring. The montpelier race last Saturday was his final sprint car start.

Comment

He ran the final race of the season at Wayne County with the OVSCS.

Comment

Chad Kemenah in the 1881 Racing #81 that Lee Jacobs usually is in tonight with the outlaws at Eldora.

EDIT: Saw on twitter Lee Jacobs is in Cincy with his son for an experimental study. His son has Fragile X syndrome. So no drama here, family always comes first.
              Last edited by GTigers55; 5 days ago.

Comment

Caleb Helms was in the yellow 97 for the #LastCallForThemAll at Eldora tonight. Believe he was supposed to drive that car at Kokomo as well.

Kemenah HAS to find a ride. He can still get it done and is an asset to the All Stars. I just dont see an opening when looking at this years crop of All Stars.

Macedo is all but out of the 3G and as of now it appears that car may not return next year. The Sesame Sticks 98 I believe has been idle since Carl Bowser vacated it over the summer. Reutzel isn't goong anywhere, I think McMahan and Dave Blaney are probably returning to those rides, though Pete Grove's 70 is notorious for having a revolving door. Dave Jessup seems satisfied with Cale Conley in the 7k and I personally think Cale is in the discussion for most improved 410 driver.

The HoJo of Lima car had always been an interesting case to me. Always seemed to me that they had sponsors to run a more full time schedule.
                TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Working...
                X