No announcement yet.

Silly Season 2018 Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helms did run the 97 at Eldora don't know if that'll lead to anything.

I think your referring to Stan Coutrad (Sp?) 9x, I didn't see it run anything last year.

Call-Holbrook 83 ran a few races with Rob Chaney last year in a 410. Shane Call also ran it as a 305.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

The 9x I was told sold everything

Comment

I heard the 83 is selling out also but not confirmed

Comment

Kemenah would be perfect for the 97. He knows all the tracks they run. I don't know if they would be able to run the ASCoC, but there aren't any rides available.

Comment

I think locally we will see a few more local low budget teams.
            Last few races guys talked they had bought some used cars and were going to get back in racing.

Some are seeing with more tracks having sprints they have a better chance to make laps in the feature.

Also the growth of OVSCS and BOSS gives local low budget teams tracks to go to and be in the feature.

WCS picked up Henry Malcuit and RJ Jacobs last year adding some new young drivers.

Then we have Jordan Ryan, Clay Riney, and Trey Jacobs.
            These are experienced young drivers but they really made huge improvements in their career last year. They are bringing life back to the sport by generating new interest and hopefully getting the younger generation to the track.

Attica and Fremont have their young drivers just not sure of the names besides Ivy, Keegan.

Im just talking locals not All star or WoO drivers.

Comment

The top $ teams just arent out there anymore and weekly you hear of a big team or sponsor leaving the sport because of age, health or not getting enough return on dollars spent. Unfortunately not many Tony Stewarts out there to sponsor the top tier car of Donny Schatz. Many are finding they cant outspend him to make a weekly winning car or own tracks or series that owning the team car channels money back to those venues and they are not seeing enough return on their investing. Some sponsor owners just wanted the short thrill of being a car owner for a set period of time.

Dale Blaney had a hard time getting a ride last year and he was quite a favorite at tracks.

Seems when several drivers were the stars of the series winning most races you got rides. Start losing races, rides and sponsors go away rapidly.

I dont think several of the previous top 10 drivers really care to get a low budget ride but that might be all available. It may come down to just driving a local car at local track. A group going together and driver also kicking in money to make a team may also be the way.
              Week by week car ride when open seat available is also happening more.

I see more of the bigger teams going away and more small local teams. Rush sprints built up cars in PA but I dont see that being the answer as those cars end up costing more than you think when they make the fuel, tires, other parts only from special deals or brands.

The Rush crates ran into that problem at WCS from complaints I heard on buying fuel and parts.

I think BOSS/FAST and OVSCS would be the better choice for some and it will be interesting to watch how these series grow and with what drivers.
              Last edited by RRacer70; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Not sure what message board I picked this up from but they commented that WoO was really good at wooing away a title sponsor from cars to the WoO and mentioning they thought NOS was being approached.

Comment

Per his Twitter David Gravel squashed the NASCAR rumors and says to look for him on the WoO tour.

For what its worth, there are a few Helms #17 roller chassis for sale floating around on various classifieds.
                  TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                    Per his Twitter David Gravel squashed the NASCAR rumors and says to look for him on the WoO tour.

For what its worth, there are a few Helms #17 roller chassis for sale floating around on various classifieds.
                    Saw that with helms, what’s odd is Kemenah is who listed them.
                    2018 Race Counter: 24
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

From seeing some different tweets and message boards seems several traveling teams are hanging it up.

The car counts may be all over the place this year.

Comment

So did anyone go to flea swap meets?
                        See who was selling out?
                        See any new teams forming?

I wonder if we will get a few new younger drivers on local scene this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                          From seeing some different tweets and message boards seems several traveling teams are hanging it up.

The car counts may be all over the place this year.
                          such as?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

such as?
                            10H and 3g are two of them.

Comment

Comment

Tracey Hines 4
                                3g
                                locals who travel to a few
                                11 Steve U
                                B1