No announcement yet.

Silly Season 2018 Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe people are finally saying "man this is an extremely unreasonable amount of money to race for $3,000 to win and $300 to start"

Comment

Exactly. You spend as much on pit passes and fuel just those items are more than the start money. Then the owners say I just cant do it anymore and another ride parked. Young team gets married, buys or builds a house, has children, college and they see this is where my money needs to go when they are self funded.

Money is not there folks sadly. Majority of tracks not fully financed and sponsored just dont make the ticket money sales to cover higher payouts.
      Exception is special events when ticket prices double.

I also wonder when tracks are finally going to say no to some of the sanctioned races and do their own special events unsanctioned.

Comment

OMG RRacer you blasphemer don't you know that it is taboo to have an unsanctioned high paying race ? Gotta watch that there or some on here will eat you alive. And for gods sake don't say you will pay to watch a guy set fast time start on the pole of his heat & since he was so good at that he gets to start on the pole of the feature too !!!!

Comment

It's Official, Macedo to KLR in 2019. Will drive a second KLR (#22) car at World Finals. Joe Garte coming aboard as crew chief. Most likely means the end of the 3G car. Also narrows down the options for Gravel. The 41 maybe?

http://dirt.kylelarsonracing.com/car...-world-finals/
          Photo by: Paul Arch MOORESVILLE, N.C. (October 30, 2018) – For the first time since the team’s inception in 2014, there will be a new driver behind the wheel of the Kyle Larson Racing No. 2 sprint car. Twenty-two-year-old Carson Macedo will join KLR for the 2019 World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series season and vie
          Last edited by TheAMain; 1 week ago.
          TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            Exactly. You spend as much on pit passes and fuel just those items are more than the start money. Then the owners say I just cant do it anymore and another ride parked. Young team gets married, buys or builds a house, has children, college and they see this is where my money needs to go when they are self funded.

Money is not there folks sadly. Majority of tracks not fully financed and sponsored just dont make the ticket money sales to cover higher payouts.
            Exception is special events when ticket prices double.

I also wonder when tracks are finally going to say no to some of the sanctioned races and do their own special events unsanctioned.
            Very insightful post. Most people way overestimate attendance. People won’t believe it, but many weekly tracks in Ohio, including Sprint car tracks, get 600-900 paid admissions in the grandstnds on many nights. So, the purse structures won’t be going up, but I see another hike in pit passes in another couple years to $ 35 for a regular weekly show, to help shore up the declining revenue. The survivor teams will be ones who have significant household income and financial support from sponsors and other benefactors. The others will slowly go by the wayside due to the ever increasing cost of racing, especially if you want to be a front runner. Short track racing will be significantly downsized in the years to come. Most people don’t believe it but I believe it is inevitable. There aren’t enough newer people coming into the sport as fans and as car owners and sponsors, while the cost of operations continues to increase. It’s what is known as a “ double edged sword “. I’ll be 70 by next season and I should be seeking psychological help for continuing to spend my retirement money on race cars. There are many people who have been on track’s free list for decades who need to step up to the plate.

Comment

Muddy I'm only 55 but I said in another post either on here or another message board that at 1 time you just got a restaurant, garage or bar from the hometown or somewhere near where you are from & made your own stuff from the local junkyard. Then along came someone who had a better wheel so to speak & another division was born. How many different divisions of sprints are there.

There are 5 divisions alone at The Field & everyone of them has sponsors. If there was a couple less divisions that could be more sponsors for the say main 3. Limaland has 1 that The Field don't run on a regular basis & 1 that it used to run but quit because of car count.

And then you add in asphalt racing & that even gets broader yet I have about 12 tracks or more that I could choose from within a 2 1/2 to 3 hr drive.

Comment

Official announcement made, David Gravel will drive the JJR #41 full time next year with the Outlaws.

Comment

Ohio regional news, DJ Foos and Jay Kiser Racing have parted ways per Duane Hancock on this weeks Dirt Nerds Podcast. Foos was the 2017 FAST series champion driving the Kiser owned #23.
                  TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Something that slipped by the end of last month, Dustin Stroup retired his 21 machine from the 305 ranks. He had a heck of a year to close out his career if this really is the last of him.
                    2018 Race Counter: 24
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Does Foos have another ride?

Is Jay Kiser Racing continuing?

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                        Is Jay Kiser Racing continuing?
                        Based solely on the podcast and nothing else, yes.
                        2018 Race Counter: 24
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Noticed that Brock Zearfoss was back in the 3z at world finals and found that I had missed this announcement from 10/31. He and the Destiny team have parted ways. The revolving door 4 car is now available.

TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Daryn Pittman is now looking for a ride for 2019. Greg Wilson is dropping off the tour but Hercules is staying on. We should see him a lot more in Ohio this year.
                            Last edited by Blaniac1; 1 week ago.

Comment

Curious to see what Wilson does. Back on the All Stars tour with the regional WoO races, or more of a Tim Shaffer true outlaw schedule?

Even with the sponsorship struggles this year, Pittman is a suprise to me. As of right now within existing WoO teams, there is not much more room at the inn for him.
                              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

So Hercules is staying with Wilson?

Comment

Working...
                                X