Silly Season 2018 Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    I really miss when Ohio Speedweek was on the July 4 time period. I and my group used the holiday time and some vacation to follow the races. Now we no longer do.
    I use the feel that way as well, but with the Kings Royal moving up a week as well over the years I am fine with it now especially when PA started battling Ohio to keep their drivers at home during the same time period and like that they don't interfere as much even though not many of the PA teams come that weekend any longer or as many.

As mentioned by GT with having the Doty race, Kings Royal race, etc... that actually probably helps fans attend more races that it is earlier or within a 2-3 week period this area of fans would be out of money for a short time period with all the bigger racing events going on in the area.

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
    If the finale remains the Rick Ferkel classic I'd like to see it at a different track every year, in the spirit of the Ohio Traveler.
    That is actually a pretty cool idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

Actually the past couple Years it's been the weekend after the Virginia date. Only reason I know that is I take my son to Attica for my birthday the past couple of years. Usually the first race we are able to go to
      It got rescheduled for late April this year but was originally scheduled the first weekend of the month. it ended up being I think the 20th or so.
      2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Jackson County Speedway in Jackson, Ohio survives to race again. Track property had been sold and I believe it was going to be dismantled. Sounds like the deal fell through and Brad Mccown od Atomic Speedway had reacquired the property. Two OVSCA 410 shows on the schedule.
        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Glad not to lose a track but it seems too many tracks again competing for both Friday and Saturday dividing fans and cars.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            Glad not to lose a track but it seems too many tracks again competing for both Friday and Saturday dividing fans and cars.
            I'm not so sure that applies here. Jackson Co. is in SE Ohio, and given that there's at least some uncertainty with several tracks down this way there may not be a lot of Friday night competition.

Comment

Been by track and looks very racey, similar shape to Attica but not as banked. Maybe one of these days I'll get to venture down there. Friday's just tough when track 3hrs away

Comment

Cory Eliason and Rudeen Racing announced via Twitter that they will compete for the ASCOC Championship in 2019.
                TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
                  Cory Eliason and Rudeen Racing announced via Twitter that they will compete for the ASCOC Championship in 2019.
                  Saw on hoseheads someone mentioned Spenser Bayston will drive the Pete Grove 70 car for the All Stars next year too. Could have two other young guns competing for the title again this year much like Macedo & Ruetzel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

Saw on hoseheads someone mentioned Spenser Bayston will drive the Pete Grove 70 car for the All Stars next year too. Could have two other young guns competing for the title again this year much like Macedo & Ruetzel.
                    Just saw on fully injected that Brock Zearfross is driving the 70 full time on the All Stars tour.

Comment

• Bayston, Zearfross both with Premier motorsports. Could be another great young lineup for the All Stars. Eliason, Bayston, Zearfross.

Hope Jac can run with them again along with Paul Mcmahon.

Comment

• This has been very intriguing to say the least. Sounds like there is someone putting a lot of money to back those cars this year in Bayston's press release. Someone named Counts.
                        2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

• Counts Dracula !!! LOL

Comment

• I saw a pr that it is Wes Counts a big business who is investing in the 2 car team. Should be interesting that new money is coming aboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              I saw a pr that it is Wes Counts a big business who is investing in the 2 car team. Should be interesting that new money is coming aboard.
                              Two young talented drivers to invest in along with having some pretty big goals of possibly running the WoO's in 2020 as well or should say that is his plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X