Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 10/5-10/6

Weekend Highlights
    -Atomic Speedway wraps up their season championship Saturday where all eyes will be on the late model division with the other track championships locked up. Always one of the best classes on the card at the high banked dirt oval, Mark Frazier looks to hold off Rod Conley in the season finale. Frazier currently holds a 43 point lead heading into the final event of the season. The event was originally scheduled as a 3 day show, which was reduced to a 2 day show, which is now a Saturday only show. So don't show up Thursday or Friday or you'll be sorely disappointed!

-Waynesfield added on an event to the end of the year after the World 100's rescheduled date bumped the NRA 360's out of their season finale night. The NRA point race concludes at Waynesfield, with Jared Horstman currently ahead of Devon Dobie by 119 markers. The 360's will pay $2.5k to win. Waynesfield will also be running Non wing sprints with an open tire rule (like BOSS). It was announced that drivers must have two seperate cars to compete in both sprint divisions due to time constraints. Mods will also be on the dockett for this Saturday's season finale.

-Midway Speedway hosts it's biggest event of the year, the Jim Dunn Memorial, this saturday. Featuring the ground pounding late models battling for the $10k to win top prize. The field will also pay $500 to start. WoO regular Devin Moran has already announced his attendance to the event, and we may see some other big names pop in to compete for the prize against southern Ohio's finest. PA's Michael Lake and Illinois driver Chris Osborne have announced that they will be in the field as well. There are a bevy of other drivers who have been announced as competing. Please see Midway Speedway's facebook as well as event promoter Michael Gibson's facebook (copy & paste link for his page) https://www.facebook.com/michael.gibson.94849

Weekend Plans
    -I get to go to my fiance's sister's wedding this upcoming Saturday so no racing for me. I may possibly be done for the season although Eldora WoO event is not out of the ballpark yet.
    • October 5th
      • Skyline Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods Compacts
    • October 6th
      • Atomic Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts (JIM DUNN)
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Non Wing Sprints, Modifieds

2019 Race Counter: 0

Another fine job GT. Really appreciate this.

Comment

Mercer has little guy nationals Friday and Saturday. Thats were ill be in the #21 micro sprint. I dont recommend going Friday night if u like getting out of the race track by midnight. Its always a late night since its two nights of complete shows and 250+ cars in the pits. Im not a fan of 2 day shows and one payout. There running 358 modifieds, econo modified, modlites, dwarf cars, 270 micros, street stocks, mini stocks, and 600 micros.

Comment

Mercer is one of my favorite tracks. 8 Classes of cars is too much but they are trying to make lots of profit to keep doing this show and not having a regular season this year makes a difference.
        I predict it will be packed on Saturday.
        Unfortunately this is too long a drive for me currently.

Working Friday and Saturday so no racing.

Comment

Thanks GT I have used this all season as a tool and reminder of where all the racing is. We have also had some great discussions on here this season as well as a group. I hope we can have a few more this off season and maybe a few laughs.
          2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

I’m heading to Waynesfield, with fingers crossed, as the possibility of rain is now higher for early evening. Hopefully the forecast will be wrong, as it has twice this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
              I’m heading to Waynesfield, with fingers crossed, as the possibility of rain is now higher for early evening. Hopefully the forecast will be wrong, as it has twice this week.
              Well, according to word of mouth, it is rained out tonight. Nothing on the track website as of 2.15 PM, but a team who was to compete there told me it was cancelled .

Comment

On website now that Waynesfield cancelled.

Midway is still on for 10k late model show.

Comment

Working...
                X