No announcement yet.

**HUGE** FAST news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add in WCS, Muskingum, and WCS at some point.

Have Muskingum prior to speedweek to give cars a chance to learn track.

Comment

You see'in this Aaron ? Couple of guys sound like they wanna volunteer their services to help you out with the FAST series.

Comment

To me the only thing that makes the fast series good is the attica/fremont locals like burmeister car, Byron, brubaker, foos, mintz, etc... and I don't see a lot of them traveling around instead of going to attica or fremont. Basically this is just a new series that's going to be hard to get cars to follow unless they have a plan which better include great $$$$. Another thing that's overlooked is the local sponsors that make the fast series like JLH who aren't going to put big money up for a series going to western,pa and Indiana and not at fremont/attica on regular basis. On another idea that just came to mind.... what if the new promoter at fremont and rex decide to keep a fast like series on their own with the local sponsors. See how things play out. The oscs didn't get any following in ohio and packed up and went to western pa were they don't support the allstars and can maybe bring a sanctioned series together with point fund money and get good car following and new brand to fans over there. Mercer was officially bought by a former owner from the 90s over the weekend and he hasn't said what divisions and direction they are going yet. Sharon did great with paying 3k to win 410s on there own so that new series better hope lernerville and Sharon is on board with the series or its going to fail.

Comment

Hmmm Ref Mercer I remember Vern Hawley, the Butchs, Vicki Emig, someone else I cant remember.

Drop us a clue

Comment

Lee Michaels just bought it and talked to us in the drivers meeting. said he brought the place back to life in the 90s and says hes going to do it again. sounds to be in good hands. im excited.

Comment

http://mercerracewaypark.com/info/mr...ory/1994-2001/
              Found this.
              Good track to have BOSS/FAST race

Comment

The majority of the past and current FAST teams are not able to travel on Fridays further than Attica. The Owners and Drivers have full time jobs that they have to work Monday through Friday. All of you fans have great ideas, but traveling further and further away to tracks with no tow money for the same pay out isn't worth it to many Owners these days.

I believe it will be hard to get more than 4 cars to travel with the FAST series in 2019. I've also heard rumors that the GLSS (360 Series) is paying $4000 to win and $400 to start in 2019. How many Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan teams will buy a 360 and race the GLSS shows if they are close and FAST is at Atomic or Sharon? There are many factors involved in deciding a schedule for the Low Budget Working Class Teams. FAST as a traveling Series is a hard sell to the past and current members.

Comment

Originally posted by 23J View Post
                  The majority of the past and current FAST teams are not able to travel on Fridays further than Attica. The Owners and Drivers have full time jobs that they have to work Monday through Friday. All of you fans have great ideas, but traveling further and further away to tracks with no tow money for the same pay out isn't worth it to many Owners these days.

I believe it will be hard to get more than 4 cars to travel with the FAST series in 2019. I've also heard rumors that the GLSS (360 Series) is paying $4000 to win and $400 to start in 2019. How many Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan teams will buy a 360 and race the GLSS shows if they are close and FAST is at Atomic or Sharon? There are many factors involved in deciding a schedule for the Low Budget Working Class Teams. FAST as a traveling Series is a hard sell to the past and current members.
                  I’d say that the series has basically been heading away from being a local series for a few years now. Only I think 10 teams went to all the race this year with 12 or so running the majority.

For me personally, it seems like the former FAST guys who don’t want to travel can just go back to running Attica/Fremont as usual and fill in with other shows as they want/need too. Guys like Philo, Jacobs, Reeser, Thomas, etc who travel a bit more but still stay relatively local are the target audience for drivers.

I appreciate all everyone has done for the series, but it seems that the FAST is not going to be your NW Ohio local series anymore and as I said above, has been moving away from that for years.
                  2018 Race Counter: 24
                  Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I agree with you GT. I don't think the intention is to keep it what the series has been in the past. I think the purchase of fast was more because it ensures there won't be 2 series (boss and fast) competing for tracks, drivers and fans. Unfortunately with keeping the name fast some people are going to be upset when it no longer is what fast was intended for when it started which I get.

In my opinion BOSS non wing is one of the best things going in sprint car racing. I think Aaron Fry is going to make this endeavor successful as well. I think he will be smart about his schedule. He will pick tracks that have good reputations. He will avoid scheduling on top of as many events as possible and he will do everything he can to support the working class driver. Why do I think this because that's what he's done with BOSS. Hard to find anyone with something bad to say about how he runs BOSS. So I'm optimistic.

Comment

If I were to make a rough schedule that would make sense to me, regardless of costs, etc that would just be a fun schedule for a regional series...

It's 25 races on the dot, takes into account local track schedules on most years. Most racing takes place in Ohio and continues the sanction of FAST in the events it usually has done. Breakdown of races by track would be: 4 Fremont, 3 Attica, 2 Gas City, 2 Montpelier, 2 Sharon, 2 Wayne Co., 2 Mansfield, 1 Mercer, 1 Musk Co., 1 Waynesfield, 1 Limaland, 1 Butler, 1 Plymouth, 1 Atomic

Friday April 12th - Attica Raceway Park
                      Saturday April 13th - Fremont Speedway

Friday April 26th - Gas City Speedway
                      Saturday April 27th - Montpelier Motor Speedway

Friday May 3rd - Attica Raceway Park (Dual race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Saturday May 4th - Fremont Speedway (Dual race with BOSS Non Wings)

Saturday May 11th - Sharon Speedway
                      Sunday May 12th - Mercer Raceway Park

Friday June 7th - Muskingum Co. Speedway
                      Saturday June 8th - Wayne Co. Speedway

Thursday July 4th - Waynesfield Raceway Park (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Friday July 5th - Limaland Motorsports Park (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Saturday July 6th - Fremont Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Saturday July 19th - Butler Motor Speedway
                      Sunday July 20th - Plymouth Speedway (IN)

Friday August 3rd - Atomic Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Saturday August 4th - Wayne Co. Speedway

Friday August 9th - Mansfield Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Friday August 10th - Mansfield Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Friday August 26th - Attica Raceway Park
                      Saturday August 27th - Sharon Speedway

Friday September 6th - Gas City Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                      Saturday September 7th - Montpelier Motor Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Friday September 13th - Fremont Speedway
                      Saturday September 14th - Fremont Speedway
                      2018 Race Counter: 24
                      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        If I were to make a rough schedule that would make sense to me, regardless of costs, etc that would just be a fun schedule for a regional series...

It's 25 races on the dot, takes into account local track schedules on most years. Most racing takes place in Ohio and continues the sanction of FAST in the events it usually has done. Breakdown of races by track would be: 4 Fremont, 3 Attica, 2 Gas City, 2 Montpelier, 2 Sharon, 2 Wayne Co., 2 Mansfield, 1 Mercer, 1 Musk Co., 1 Waynesfield, 1 Limaland, 1 Butler, 1 Plymouth, 1 Atomic

Friday April 12th - Attica Raceway Park
                        Saturday April 13th - Fremont Speedway

Friday April 26th - Gas City Speedway
                        Saturday April 27th - Montpelier Motor Speedway

Friday May 3rd - Attica Raceway Park (Dual race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Saturday May 4th - Fremont Speedway (Dual race with BOSS Non Wings)

Saturday May 11th - Sharon Speedway
                        Sunday May 12th - Mercer Raceway Park

Friday June 7th - Muskingum Co. Speedway
                        Saturday June 8th - Wayne Co. Speedway

Thursday July 4th - Waynesfield Raceway Park (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Friday July 5th - Limaland Motorsports Park (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Saturday July 6th - Fremont Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Saturday July 19th - Butler Motor Speedway
                        Sunday July 20th - Plymouth Speedway (IN)

Friday August 3rd - Atomic Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Saturday August 4th - Wayne Co. Speedway

Friday August 9th - Mansfield Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Friday August 10th - Mansfield Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Friday August 26th - Attica Raceway Park
                        Saturday August 27th - Sharon Speedway

Friday September 6th - Gas City Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)
                        Saturday September 7th - Montpelier Motor Speedway (Dual Race with BOSS Non Wings)

Friday September 13th - Fremont Speedway
                        Saturday September 14th - Fremont Speedway
                        Love it. My .02 would be swap WCS for Atomic after Muskingham for a "Southern Ohio" swing. I would also love to see Lawrenceburg worked in there somewhere. The 'Burg needs more winged shows.
                        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

I think the 305's have benefitted from the JHL - FAST deal and I'd like to see that continue. But, I don't think the 305's really need to travel. Keep the series at Attica and Fremont, if that's economically possible. If they must travel, Mansfield is probably the best option, but what about Oakshade? I haven't seen sprints at the Shade in over 30 years. The FAST 305's could be the headline division, with super lates and sportsmen as the support divisions. Bottom line: I hope Aaron Fry is successful with FAST. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                            I think the 305's have benefitted from the JHL - FAST deal and I'd like to see that continue. But, I don't think the 305's really need to travel. Keep the series at Attica and Fremont, if that's economically possible. If they must travel, Mansfield is probably the best option, but what about Oakshade? I haven't seen sprints at the Shade in over 30 years. The FAST 305's could be the headline division, with super lates and sportsmen as the support divisions. Bottom line: I hope Aaron Fry is successful with FAST. Best of luck to him.
                            They didn't used to have insurance that's why sprints stopped running there.

Comment

I forgot about the insurance deal. During August, I went to Oakshade a lot, mainly because Fremont was idle. I never went to WCS because Oakshade is a very easy drive on the Turnpike from Sandusky. I suppose WCS is another possible road trip for the FAST 305's and so is Limaland. I wonder how the 305 racers feel about racing at other tracks. They would be required to travel on what could have been a nite off and 305 teams are not highly funded pros. (The non-pro aspect of 305 racing needs to be preserved.)

Comment

I really do like this; How-ever anyone working a 40 hour work week is going to have to use vacation on roughly 4 nights of this. That's if they don't work the 5th of July (Friday). The guys that can take off work on Friday at 10:00 or not even go into work on Friday this works perfectly for. How-ever those whom do honestly can't run this schedule. 3.5 Hours to Atomic; 3 hours to Gas City; 3 hours to Musky; makes travel time around 12:00pm from my location to get you there when gates open. Add in say Dan McCarron and he's 4.5 hours to Atomic, 3.5 hours to Gas City. Add in the 4.0 hour drive back after those Sunday races at Plymouth it makes for a long Monday. The direction is yet to be seen; Understand that I am not opposed to this; but also understand that schedules like the one above don't always work.

Comment

Working...
                                X