No announcement yet.

**HUGE** FAST news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought some 305 were highly funded with some being declared illegal and then magically back. Talking many engine builders making custom 305 keeping busy. Folks upset at lack of tech. Talk was teams had 410 expenses.
    Also I believe some 305 were running the wingless as I was told at a wingless race this year.

I think 305 will still have their regular Friday and Saturday nights at Attica and Fremont. It is a cheap support class for the tracks and they have large car counts.

FAST could do like the Attica/WCS late model challenge and have 4 FAST races at each track and that would be the mini points fund deal opposed to a full season.
    That way you still have FAST 305 cars and the sponsors that went with them.

Comment

Aaron will do good getting a schedule lined up along with BOSS.
      He has done a great job from building up the wingless series with little support initially.

Comment

Most of the drivers who ran fast in the past would’ve been at all of the Fremont Attica races anyways. The only driver who didn’t really already run Fremont/Attica anyways was Adam Kekich. I honestly don’t expect a single driver from the old fast series to run the new series if it’s anything similar to the schedule I made up or the current BOSS non wing schedule.

I think if people just regarded it as a new series instead of the old FAST series which started as just Attica/Fremont it would have been regarded better. I get it as a owner it’s the series you’ve been running, but it’s just not going to be the same series it always has been.
        2018 Race Counter: 24
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I will be surprised if Attica and Fremont even support a FAST show other than maybe 1 or 2. It won't be like the past were they had 10 shows at each track. I don't think the FAST branding has brought any more fans or cars to the tracks recently. I think when FAST started there was a lot of interest but it pretty much has cooled off the last several years. Most of them would have been there anyway at GTigers55 said.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Most of the drivers who ran fast in the past would’ve been at all of the Fremont Attica races anyways. The only driver who didn’t really already run Fremont/Attica anyways was Adam Kekich. I honestly don’t expect a single driver from the old fast series to run the new series if it’s anything similar to the schedule I made up or the current BOSS non wing schedule.

I think if people just regarded it as a new series instead of the old FAST series which started as just Attica/Fremont it would have been regarded better. I get it as a owner it’s the series you’ve been running, but it’s just not going to be the same series it always has been.
            Maybe it is time to drop the "FAST" name then (IMO) since basically they are going away or it seems likely they will go away from what it was built on.

Never understand why everybody always wants to make things bigger/better and aren't satisfied with a great product right now and usually fails at it. I can understand possibly going some place else when Attica/Fremont aren't running, but the main focus should be those two tracks which is what it was built on.

Originally posted by staggerman View Post
            I will be surprised if Attica and Fremont even support a FAST show other than maybe 1 or 2. It won't be like the past were they had 10 shows at each track. I don't think the FAST branding has brought any more fans or cars to the tracks recently. I think when FAST started there was a lot of interest but it pretty much has cooled off the last several years. Most of them would have been there anyway at GTigers55 said.
            I could see that as well especially since both Attica/Fremont basically have the same purse when they have a regular show or a FAST show so if those two tracks aren't the main focus why would a track support it or have their teams support it especially if those teams could possibly leave the regular night shows to participate in a FAST show if they end up on the same night. Honestly that would really be a bad move if that happened especially when the purse isn't any higher or to win prize isn't and basically having teams driver further doesn't really make much sense either.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Maybe it is time to drop the "FAST" name then (IMO) since basically they are going away or it seems likely they will go away from what it was built on.

Agreed. I feel it makes more sense to build the BOSS Winged Series on the FAST foundation rather than trying to operate two series on top of each other.
              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

BOSS non wing had 42 sprints last night. Mostly working class teams and drivers. They outdrew WoO, and 2 other "higher paying" non wing shows in Indiana. You could also say the 3 tracks they were running up against gave better sprint car reputations.

I just don't get how people can think Aaron Fry isn't going do something great on the wing side. Especially focusing on working class racers.

Comment

Originally posted by MIRacing View Post
                  BOSS non wing had 42 sprints last night. Mostly working class teams and drivers. They outdrew WoO, and 2 other "higher paying" non wing shows in Indiana. You could also say the 3 tracks they were running up against gave better sprint car reputations.

I just don't get how people can think Aaron Fry isn't going do something great on the wing side. Especially focusing on working class racers.
                  I don't believe anybody has said he won't, but what is his goal? To be a mini-all-star series or to be a local series such as the FAST was/is/use to be that seemed to keep growing to the point where local teams wasn't participating as much as they were.

What a lot of people are worried about is taking away from the local tracks that support 410 racing on a weekly basis. That is a big concern not only with the new FAST series, but with all these series that Ohio seems to create or have the last 5 years. At least for me and wondering how it will effect tracks like Attica, Wayne County, Fremont, Atomic, etc... You start taking away 3-4 teams on a weekly basis that becomes a problem especially when you factor in other guys that are traveling a little more or not so much local racing.

Not sure taking a shot at the WoO/car counts is nothing new especially when your in Indiana where they feature non-wings 95% of the time. I don't look at quantity over quality (will take the WoO 32 cars over the 42 Boss non-wing cars every single day) when it comes to sprint car racing so give me the best in the business over a local series if I am putting down my money along with give me winged racing over non everyday of the week. Having the WoO's along with invaders like Christopher Bell, Brian Brown, Joey Saldana, Tim Shaffer, Carson Macedo, Brady Bacon, Gio Sceizi, Spencer Bayston, Hunter Schuenberger, Cory Elisason, and Brock Zearfoss.

Comment

So you're worried about local tracks and series?But you'll take WoO over a local series every time. You are contradicting yourself big time.

Good of luck to Aaron Fry with the Boss/Fast winged series. I'm sure it will be as successful as the Boss non-wings.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                      So you're worried about local tracks and series?But you'll take WoO over a local series every time. You are contradicting yourself big time.

Good of luck to Aaron Fry with the Boss/Fast winged series. I'm sure it will be as successful as the Boss non-wings.
                      Not sure how because a national traveling series comes to local tracks and battle those local teams. They also increase the purses for these events so it can help the local teams, help the local tracks by bringing in huge crowds to be very positive event.

As for going to a event hell yea I will go see the best in the country over a local show or local series. I go to events wanting to see the best and if I have to choose between the two will always go to the bigger event.

Where a local series can go to eastern Indiana or western PA when Attica, Fremont, Wayne County, or Atomic is running a regular show and taking some of those teams with them.

Your not seeing to many local teams following the WoO's or All-Star series.

Comment

Working...
                      X