**HUGE** FAST news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds confusing.
    I also dont want to see just a non wing when Im used to going to see 410 winged.

Comment

Then there's the opposite that would rather see non wing with lates

Comment

Sounds to me the fast series and western pa series isn't going to be much of a success. Havent seen the schedule yet but where are the cars going to come from to follow these series? Im sure winged shows in Indiana will do good for a car count and a few other shows like if they keep the Mansfield 20k great lake nationals under fast sanction but as far as full time followers going from Indiana to western pa.... im not seeing it. The western pa series better hope Sharon and lernerville is on board with them because those tracks don't need a sanctioned series to have good car counts and shows. scheduling against them would prolly not fair to well. especially Sharon paying 3k to win regularly.

Comment

Lernerville pays $1200 to win a regular show for 410's. I doubt they'll pay $3000 for a series to show up with no following.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            Sounds to me the fast series and western pa series isn't going to be much of a success. Havent seen the schedule yet but where are the cars going to come from to follow these series? Im sure winged shows in Indiana will do good for a car count and a few other shows like if they keep the Mansfield 20k great lake nationals under fast sanction but as far as full time followers going from Indiana to western pa.... im not seeing it. The western pa series better hope Sharon and lernerville is on board with them because those tracks don't need a sanctioned series to have good car counts and shows. scheduling against them would prolly not fair to well. especially Sharon paying 3k to win regularly.
            I'd say guys like Philo, Lee Jacobs, Maybe even Shaffer (being it's a short schedule), Cole Duncan, Kody Kinser, Spencer Bayston and such would be at least interested follow fast. All have shown a willingness to travel and I think that gives a lot of guys who would like to follow an actual touring series but don't want or have the means to run a national series like All Stars or Outlaws a spot to race. Basically the new FAST will be like the OLD all stars from the 70's where they are a true working class series. I think the FAST series has a bright future, sounds like Aaron is not planning on running against Attica and Fremont at all with the Gas City & Montpelier swing being during fairs or after they are done for the season. Same with the potential Western PA races. From what I understand it seems like the Dates are not changing really but just having a few more trips.

Seeing as the "western" Pa sprint car series is going to have a 3 race swing in Central PA possibly and a trip to HAGERSTOWN which is all but confirmed based on a facebook post it seems they'll get a diverse field of Middle PA cars like Flick and Bowser to follow. Guys who do travel a little but focus in Western PA. Looks like they are trying to go to Thunder mountain too. I think their biggest issue will be the oversaturation of races in Central PA diluting the car counts in PA in general.

EDIT: Just saw Sadie Siegel from Western PA is the WPSCS first confirmed driver.
            Last edited by GTigers55; 4 days ago.
            2018 Race Counter: 24
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I think Sharon paying 3k to win and getting 20-30 cars for every show they had is going to be a issue for this new series. Only so many race dates to not have conflicting schedules for the fast and the western pa series.Especially with the cancellations last year I would imagine will have tracks a little more aggressive to schedule against each other this season. Also to note thunder mountain needs a new track prep process. Not sure if its the dirt or what but its a dust bowl. went to the sprint show last year and the year end event they had and the track was sub par.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                Lernerville pays $1200 to win a regular show for 410's. I doubt they'll pay $3000 for a series to show up with no following.
                This is one thing I don't understand about the FAST series.

They don't raise the purse at any track unless the track itself does it, but then expect it to be a "special" show? I understand the teams get a points fund so that helps, but I am trying to see the benefit of traveling a series that pays less or the same purse/to win as going to Fremont or Attica on a regular show?

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I'd say guys like Philo, Lee Jacobs, Maybe even Shaffer (being it's a short schedule), Cole Duncan, Kody Kinser, Spencer Bayston and such would be at least interested follow fast. All have shown a willingness to travel and I think that gives a lot of guys who would like to follow an actual touring series but don't want or have the means to run a national series like All Stars or Outlaws a spot to race. Basically the new FAST will be like the OLD all stars from the 70's where they are a true working class series. I think the FAST series has a bright future, sounds like Aaron is not planning on running against Attica and Fremont at all with the Gas City & Montpelier swing being during fairs or after they are done for the season. Same with the potential Western PA races. From what I understand it seems like the Dates are not changing really but just having a few more trips.

Seeing as the "western" Pa sprint car series is going to have a 3 race swing in Central PA possibly and a trip to HAGERSTOWN which is all but confirmed based on a facebook post it seems they'll get a diverse field of Middle PA cars like Flick and Bowser to follow. Guys who do travel a little but focus in Western PA. Looks like they are trying to go to Thunder mountain too. I think their biggest issue will be the oversaturation of races in Central PA diluting the car counts in PA in general.

EDIT: Just saw Sadie Siegel from Western PA is the WPSCS first confirmed driver.
                Again I can see some of those drivers/teams traveling a bit, but why go to a FAST event in Western PA when you can go to Attica for the same purse/to win and not have to travel as far? Usually Duncan, Philo, Jacobs, and Shaffer do some traveling, but they usually don't go to races that are $1,200 to win either. The FAST series is going to have to make the purse at least what Attica puts out or even higher or why do any traveling?

The only problem I have with all these little series/events is your watering down the division of sprint cars and likely your going to see a lot of events with less than 20 cars at them because your going to have multiple shows going on during the same date which is good for some teams/drivers making A-main money, but hurting the fan count because the fans have to decide on where to go for the races and decide if it is worth going to a regular show, a FAST show, or traveling for a different series/track.

Comment

Fast series already pays $3k to win $300 to start where they go it wouldn't be a $1200 to win show for example... Been that way a couple years.
                  2018 Race Counter: 24
                  Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Working...
                  X