Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 scwc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019 scwc

    May 30- June 1. Thursday-Saturday. Should be warmer! I’m excited that Cody is doing this again. You know where to find me those days!!

  • #2
    Seems odd timing for that race especially having the All-Stars in western PA or at least they was last year that weekend unless the All-Stars are going to change their schedule or it becomes a all-star race this year which would be a good thing.

    Another big question will Attica close again for this race when the season is getting going and only a couple of weeks before speedweek?

    Comment


    • #3
      Just hoping the other tracks don’t shut down for this. Not everyone ( fans AND teams ) want to go to Mansfield. So, here’s hoping Attica and Fremont race.

      Comment


      • #4
        So you guys are saying tracks shouldn't work together and compete against each other? I mean if I was cody and a track did that I would do it right back and im pretty sure big bank takes little bank. Meaning Mansfield don't want a track a hour away running against them keeping the locals away and only getting the big teams/invaders but its a catch 22 because when attica or fremont tries to have a big paying show to bring in those big teams/invaders Mansfield could schedule a bigger race just keep them away. Then attica/fremont isn't going to get the fans and drivers who bring butts to the seats and cant charge extra money lets say for the jim ford for an exampleif another big race is down the street.Everyone loses in my opinion. A few on here are stuck in the early 90s with weekly shows every week and no internet. We kind of just seen how that didn't work with fremont because of the pissing contest with farmer and tony. yea schedule against each other and get 19 410s at fremont and low fan attendance. If a track wants to open the gates schedule a different division on that date then 410s.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          So you guys are saying tracks shouldn't work together and compete against each other? I mean if I was cody and a track did that I would do it right back and im pretty sure big bank takes little bank. Meaning Mansfield don't want a track a hour away running against them keeping the locals away and only getting the big teams/invaders but its a catch 22 because when attica or fremont tries to have a big paying show to bring in those big teams/invaders Mansfield could schedule a bigger race just keep them away. Then attica/fremont isn't going to get the fans and drivers who bring butts to the seats and cant charge extra money lets say for the jim ford for an exampleif another big race is down the street.Everyone loses in my opinion. A few on here are stuck in the early 90s with weekly shows every week and no internet. We kind of just seen how that didn't work with fremont because of the pissing contest with farmer and tony. yea schedule against each other and get 19 410s at fremont and low fan attendance. If a track wants to open the gates schedule a different division on that date then 410s.
          Isn't what he is doing right now is directly competing against Attica, Wayne County, Fremont, and the All-Stars because he knows where they was last year at that time and likely going to be this year? I mean Attica has had Friday night racing for many years now and the All-Stars have had basically the same schedule for many years now and that is competing, no?

          Just because he puts out the schedule 6-7 months ahead of time doesn't mean he gets that spot or you would see tracks putting out events years ahead of time for no other reason or other tracks can't use their old schedule or same old same old schedule. I had no problem when he had it early when weather was iffy at best and lets admit that is why he moved this event along with many tracks not even open yet, but when you start competing for the same dates as other tracks that is when fans are forced to decide where to go. Yes, Mansfield will likely still get a good turnout of cars and also crowd, but if Attica, Fremont, Wayne County keep their normal racing dates along with the All-Stars the car count won't be that high and likely will the fan support either. Also this is just a couple of weeks before speedweek and not sure that means anything, but when the All-Stars are in nearby western PA normally for this event tells me that Mansfield isn't interested in a speedweek event this year.

          I believe Attica shuts down or not have the 410's enough during the year with either Fremont opener, WoO/All-Stars in the area, Attica Fair, Knoxville, etc...

          If Mansfield wants to go to a every week track I say go for it, but tracks shouldn't bow down to Mansfield especially when they don't have the cars right now. They are hoping to steal the Attica/Fremont/Wayne County cars away for this event. This is the big year for Mansfield I believe being it's his third year and likely he has to either buy the track or stop promoting events there, correct? Didn't he have a 3-year lease or right to buy after the third year?

          I agree that everybody loses when scheduling against each other, but again a track that runs weekly has to do what is best for them, their drivers, and their fans or they turn into a "special events" track only and run 5-6 races a year and nobody wants to see Attica turn into that type of track. To me, way to many tracks had rain outs this year and turned into a special events tracks this past year and messed up their schedules along the way. I just feel a track shouldn't go dark just because of another track.
          Last edited by DirtRacer42; October 9th, 2018, 07:31 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully they address the rock problem so fans can safely attend events there in 2019

            Comment


            • #7
              That works for me, I'll be there. We've got us a modern day Earl Baltes.

              Comment


              • #8
                If any one reads GTs weekly race outlook, how many tracks are racing on any given Friday or Saturday.
                Yes thats correct, more than one track races each night.
                Not trying to be smart here but several tracks are running specials against each other weekly. Those tracks dont stop racing cause Track B has a special event.
                I mean we might as well shut down every track in Ohio and only leave 3 operational so we are not competing against each other Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

                I saw many times WCS would have a special and in turn Fremont would too with higher payout so they were going against each other for example. I would say oh good race at WCS this weekend then see Atomic, Fremont, Sharon and Mercer would also be running a special of same class. So no matter what track they are going to compete against each other and raising the money to out do each other. Instead of 100+ cars at one track, maybe 25 at each and more drivers get higher payout.

                Cody had like 5 races this year counting 2 days as one. I for one have to support him even though WCS would be my main track. WCS just changed the schedule to not be running same class and added another and it seemed to work out.

                Cody is fresh air into racing and taking chances and bringing some nice chunks of money into Ohio. Huge payouts helps the drivers and if he can keep building on that the guys in the back will start to benefit. Area businesses thrive during those weeks. Many people I know dont go to regular weekly racing but only special events such as speedweek, WoOs, and Mansfield. They might only attend 6 or less shows a year.

                Mansfield is getting those fans who will camp, stay in motels, buy gas, driver shirts, track shirts, eat out.

                You have the fans that will only go to certain weekly tracks and that is it. They dont travel cause of many reasons. I only get to about 4 tracks each year cause of work and family so keeping travel in a certain range.

                With the announcement that Mercer is reopening there is another Saturday track.

                I think Cody is looking at weather so he does not take the loss of the cold and rain he was up against last year or maybe he has an agreement with a sanction that will surprise us. He does use Lucas Oil for the Late Models.

                With tracks closing this is why Cody is needed. Glad to see the excellent facility of Mansfield being open.

                Cody and crew have put a lot of hard work into it.
                He has a right to make a living.

                Comment


                • #9
                  On another message board it was posted this race was to be a WoO sanction.
                  Now that really disappoints me, as the race will be slanted heavily towards WoO drivers given the WoO race format.
                  I felt it was a true race of outlaw sprint drivers.
                  That just makes me think teams will stay away.

                  Where else was the race down to the wire of Shaffer and Reutzel that was having the crowd on their feet and cheering.

                  I enjoyed it cause it was not sanctioned. At the sanction fees WoO charge the track ticket prices will have to go up quite a bit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    On another message board it was posted this race was to be a WoO sanction.
                    Now that really disappoints me, as the race will be slanted heavily towards WoO drivers given the WoO race format.
                    I felt it was a true race of outlaw sprint drivers.
                    That just makes me think teams will stay away.

                    Where else was the race down to the wire of Shaffer and Reutzel that was having the crowd on their feet and cheering.

                    I enjoyed it cause it was not sanctioned. At the sanction fees WoO charge the track ticket prices will have to go up quite a bit.
                    If it is WoO sanctioned hopefully they keep the unique format and make it show-up points like Kings Royal and Knox Nats.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They did say that event format was to be announced.
                      2019 Race Counter: 0

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                        On another message board it was posted this race was to be a WoO sanction.
                        Now that really disappoints me, as the race will be slanted heavily towards WoO drivers given the WoO race format.
                        I felt it was a true race of outlaw sprint drivers.
                        That just makes me think teams will stay away.

                        Where else was the race down to the wire of Shaffer and Reutzel that was having the crowd on their feet and cheering.

                        I enjoyed it cause it was not sanctioned. At the sanction fees WoO charge the track ticket prices will have to go up quite a bit.
                        He doesn't need to raise prices any higher because his tickets were the highest of any event besides the Nationals. Also if you bring the best in that means your likely going to pack the place and he will need to add more seating. If locals dont want to attend because of a WoO event I am fine with it because I dont want to pay premium ticket to watch just a local race anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Preliminary Outlaw schedule does NOT have this race on it.
                          2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter: Starts Jan, 31st, 2019
                          2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
                          50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
                          2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                          2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                          2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ross View Post
                            Preliminary Outlaw schedule does NOT have this race on it.
                            Are the Outlaws scheduled to be anywhere else the weekend of May 30-June 1 on this prelim schedule?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post

                              Are the Outlaws scheduled to be anywhere else the weekend of May 30-June 1 on this prelim schedule?
                              yes
                              2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter: Starts Jan, 31st, 2019
                              2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
                              50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
                              2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                              2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                              2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X