Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 10/12-10/14

Weekend Highlights
    -Cancellations. Well, simply put most tracks shied away from running against Eldora's rescheduled World 100. Both Moler Raceway Park and Midway Speedway recently announced they were removing their dates on the 12th and 13th respectively. So, with the season winding down you've got two options in Ohio this weekend.

-Eldora Speedway will host 2 nights for the world 100, Friday as prelim night #2 and Saturday night the big finale of the World 100. You can expect that most of the nation's best late model drivers in attendance and with the season winding down, probably even more invaders. One surprise entrant that will need a little help from mother nature is Donny Schatz. He filed an entry for the World 100 but will need a little help from Ma Nature to be able to make it to Eldora due to his WoO Sprint commitments. Having gotten the oppurtunity to go to the Eldora Dream this year I can definitely highly recommend attending going there for the World. Racing was fantastic and program was top notch. Top it off with WoO sprints and the season championship for the Eldora Mods and you've got one fantastic weekend of racing on tap.

-Skyline Speedway will be running a rescheduled Late Model race as well, their "big one" so to speak. The Harvest 50 will be ran on Saturday the 13th and with many of the top drivers at Eldora the field is more open than ever for an upset winner adding his name to a list of world class drivers. With a full show of Mods, Sport Mods, and Compacts on tap this show will certainly prove to be a fantastic event for all. General admission will remain at their regular show price at $15 for their biggest event, which is pretty cool of them to do as well. If anyone is in the area and doesn't want to travel or spend the money required to go to Eldora, then this is the option for you.

Weekend Plans
    -Going to go pick up new car from my parents this Sunday/Monday. Was looking into going to Eldora but I think I'm just gonna call it a season unless something pops up in late October that I could go to. Would love to go to the Tusky 50 but I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled the day before soooo not sure if that's the best Idea.
    • October 12th
      • Eldora Speedway – Late Models (World 100)
    • October 13th
      • Eldora Speedway – Late Models (World 100)
      • Skyline Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods Compacts (HARVEST 50)
    • October 14th
      • Eldora Speedway – WoO Sprints, Modifieds

2019 Race Counter: 0

Going to be a little colder for this weekend.

As always, nice job.

Comment

Last weekend in October, think the 28th, Florence Speedway they have fall 50. Always heard it's a good race

Comment

Looks like Eldora WoO will be my last blast of the year. It will interesting to see if many DLM fans will stick around.

Comment

How many WOO fans come early to see a great show at the World 100? Both sides could maybe get impressed with each others racing style.

Comment

Is there a special ticket price to see both shows?
            That would be the deal.

Comment

Not Ohio but Lernerville has the Steel City Stampede this weekend. I’m not sure on every division that’s there but it’s pretty much all of them and there’s a ton of cars and racing for the weekend. Something for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
                Not Ohio but Lernerville has the Steel City Stampede this weekend. I’m not sure on every division that’s there but it’s pretty much all of them and there’s a ton of cars and racing for the weekend. Something for everyone
                That's where ill be all weekend. 3k to win 410s, 3k super lates, 3k big block mods, 2k rush crate latemodels,+ $175 non qualifier race, 1k to win ump e-mods,$800 rush modifieds, $800 rush 305 wingless sprints, 1k to win street stocks, $800 winged 305s, $500 to win econo mods, $500 to win 4 cylinders, $600 to win 270 micro sprints, and a 100 lap enduro Saturday after races. Heat races are Friday and all bmains and features Saturday. $25 to get in Saturday for 12 features, 1 non qualifier, and 100 lap enduro!!! Cant beat the price for a unique show like this. I get Eldora has the world 100 but I went to the firecracker, dirt million, and the lucas oil shows around the 4th of july. And I went to the doty and silver cup for the sprints. I go to this event every year and its one of a kind.

Comment

Working...
                X