2018 Ohio 410 Sprints Car Counts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Ohio 410 Sprints Car Counts

Sharon is the only of the 5 tracks which I did not include in last years counts. Out of the four returning from last year, Fremont stayed the same while each remaining track lost a few cars on average. Attica lost an average of 2 cars, Atomic last an average of 3 cars, and Wayne Co. lost an average of 6 cars a race. Sharon with their resurgence of the Super Six series coupled with their 3 All Star shows saw a very high car count of 36 on an average, and also held the lowest "low" Count of the season. Most of the highest car counts occurred during Speedweek, with the exception of Fremont for reasons which have been beaten to death. Fremont's high count was achieved during the Jim Ford Classic. The All Star shows at these 5 tracks averaged at least 40 cars a show. Fremont only had one race get in that was not a FAST show. I'll be releasing a series based list shortly after the race Sunday.
    Unsanctioned FAST,OSCS,OVSCA,BOSS ASCoC & WoO ALL RACES
    Track Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Avg Car Count # of Races Low Count High Count
    Attica 35 2 28 5 43 6 36 13 21 (6/1) 56 (6/15)
    Sharon 29 4 39 1 44 3 36 8 28 (6/30) 48 (6/19)
    Atomic 28 7 24 6 44 2 29 15 12 (4/21) 47 (6/23)
    Fremont 21 1 26 9 N/A 0 26 10 19 (8/4) 39 (9/15)
    Wayne County 19 6 24 4 40 3 25 13 14 (8/4) 52 (6/18)
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Attica had only two unsanctioned races, Fremont had one. Blame the weatherman for that. The resulting averages are based on too small of a sample size to be useful. I really don't consider FAST shows at either track to be sanctioned events and the average car count of those events might be more meaningful. In all types of racing, there are fewer cars than there used to be and every year a few more teams quit the sport. Car culture is dying. Look at the crowd at just about any race. Its mostly old white guys like me. When we're gone, probably so is racing. Robot racecars might be the future of the sport. Computer controled electric sprint cars? Who knows?

Comment

WCS lost some regulars to OVSCS and a few drivers only raced one time as they said car sitting at home cause of jobs, family, money.
      Fremont and WCS were up against a lot of other Sat tracks this year with Atomic and Sharon concentrating on sprint division this year plus lots of specials with PPMS and a few more southern Ohio running sprint events.
      Only so many cars to split among the tracks.
      Attica had the least competition so it made sense they would have more sprint count especially if most of their shows were specials. I think their car count would drop if there were a few more sprint tracks on Friday.
      I think Attica figured it out they did better with specials and charging more gate money did not cut the crowd.
      Weather was a huge factor this year. It kept both cars and drivers away plus fans.
      I did notice at WCS on good nights there was more under 30 crowd then in previous years. Also saw more non whites at track in both stands and pits which changes the mix. WCS also had Amish families in attendance watching races. 2 cars had Amish sponsors.
      This may be where some new sponsor money will come from.

Comment

Eldora averaged around 43/44?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
          Attica had only two unsanctioned races, Fremont had one. Blame the weatherman for that. The resulting averages are based on too small of a sample size to be useful. I really don't consider FAST shows at either track to be sanctioned events and the average car count of those events might be more meaningful. In all types of racing, there are fewer cars than there used to be and every year a few more teams quit the sport. Car culture is dying. Look at the crowd at just about any race. Its mostly old white guys like me. When we're gone, probably so is racing. Robot racecars might be the future of the sport. Computer controled electric sprint cars? Who knows?
          Wow you sound like the old guy that says "get off my lawn".

Instead of just going to local shows as you claim you need to go to a all-star, WoO, or a big event like the Kings Royal at Eldora where they had a big car count, the largest crowd ever at that event which broke last years record.

The racing isn't dying just old men who always believe back in the day was better.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Instead of just going to local shows as you claim you need to go to a all-star, WoO, or a big event like the Kings Royal at Eldora where they had a big car count, the largest crowd ever at that event which broke last years record.

The racing isn't dying just old men who always believe back in the day was better.
            He’s the same guy that said racing was better when women and children weren’t allowed, if that tells you anything.

Comment

I really don't consider FAST shows at either track to be sanctioned events and the average car count of those events might be more meaningful.
              All that information is in the original post for each track. Under the FAST, OSCS, OVSCA, BOSS section.

Also yes to Eldora i’ll Probably throw them in once they finish Sunday. Their car count average is in line with all other tracks for ASCoC/WoO events
              2018 Race Counter: 24
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

A big car count and a record crowd don't make an event better. Just bigger. Car culture is waning. Young people have other interests. That's okay.
                I have been to most of the big races like the Kings Royal, World 100, Indy 500, etc. Some multiple times. I prefer local weekly racing at Attica and Fremont.

Comment

A big car count and a record crowd don't make an event better. Just bigger. Car culture is waning. Young people have other interests. That's okay.
                  I have been to most of the big races like the Kings Royal, World 100, Indy 500, etc. Some multiple times. I prefer local weekly racing at Attica and Fremont.
                  Your the one just saying car counts are down, crowds are down, etc... LOL

They have been saying car culture or whatever for many, many years since I was a kid. Things change and move on, but to act like racing is going to die in 5-10 years your insane and that is what your comments sure do sound like.

Of course young people have other interest and that is okay because it is up to the older people like yourself to get those younger fans to a race track. If you don't have younger people in your life take a friend who might have kids, family that do.

People can complain all they want about the next generation like they have the past 60-70 years, but guess what things keep moving on.

Comment

As a 30somthing native of Ohio and avid sprint car fan, these numbers just make me realize how spoiled we are. Any given weekend in this state there are 60 some teams supporting the sport. Im sure PA and CA have similar if not better numbers, but I'll take these car counts over a lot of other states.
                    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Working...
                    X