Cody Sommer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Sommer

Cody is now promoting a race at Kokomo next Sept.
    He is really taking promoting to the next level.

I’ve heard people compare him to Earl and i agree. Willing to take chances and big money. If anyone listens to podcasts at all he was on “Elbows Up Podcast” with SprintcarcastBilly from Twitter recently. Very cool insight to the way he thinks.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Cody is now promoting a race at Kokomo next Sept.
      He is really taking promoting to the next level.
      Good for him, but hoping that doesn't take away from Mansfield in anyway.

Comment

#MDEB (Modern day Earl Baltes)

Comment

Yes I would hate to see anything taken away from Mansfield.

Comment

I wouldn't think promoting one race next September would hurt Mansfield in any way. I am hoping for continued success for Cody in whatever he does. His success is good for the fans and the drivers. We get big shows with big car counts and the drivers get big shows with increased purses. That's a win-win for everyone. I hope he is making a bunch of money and it will continue doing it for years. On a side note, the rock issue needs to be taken care of immediately and I think he will

Comment

He promotes dirt in December in the dome and that hasn’t seemed to made an impact towards Mansfield. Course it’s not during the season so not really apples to apples.
              2018 Race Counter: 24
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

It's a Lucas oil late model race at kokomo he's promoting

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
                  I wouldn't think promoting one race next September would hurt Mansfield in any way. I am hoping for continued success for Cody in whatever he does. His success is good for the fans and the drivers. We get big shows with big car counts and the drivers get big shows with increased purses. That's a win-win for everyone. I hope he is making a bunch of money and it will continue doing it for years. On a side note, the rock issue needs to be taken care of immediately and I think he will
                  Do you really think he has started DRA Racing just for one event besides the Gateway deal?

I would like to see more events at Mansfield -- not the same or even less.

Comment

I would attend more races at Mansfield as they have plenty of parking, seating, the current years shows were good minus the rocks and it is a reasonable drive. I cant make it to Attica and Fremont cause of work timewise.

Comment

If I had won the $1 billion lotto........I would have bought Mansfield and re-paved it. Then I would have promoted an unsanctioned million dollar supermodified race that (unlike the Mansfield Million) actually had a million dollar purse. Also on the schedule would be events for several ARCA divisions, USAC Silver Crown, and NASCAR Modifieds. Thanks to me, short track pavement racing would be saved from extinction. But I wasted 2 bucks because didn't win the billion dollars.

Comment

Your lottery winnings after tax would be 884 million according to news. It would take a lot of that money to bring back the asphalt racing to your standards.
                        Have friends that go to Lorain and Sandusky and they say that asphalt racing has died there.
                        Would it be better to update one of those tracks?

You could bring Mansfield to the top notch premier dirt track and have Cody promote it for you.

You could start your own racing series or buy WoO or All stars.

Lots of fun things.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                          If I had won the $1 billion lotto........I would have bought Mansfield and re-paved it. Then I would have promoted an unsanctioned million dollar supermodified race that (unlike the Mansfield Million) actually had a million dollar purse. Also on the schedule would be events for several ARCA divisions, USAC Silver Crown, and NASCAR Modifieds. Thanks to me, short track pavement racing would be saved from extinction. But I wasted 2 bucks because didn't win the billion dollars.
                          There's better ways to waste money than getting into asphalt racing.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Do you really think he has started DRA Racing just for one event besides the Gateway deal?

I would like to see more events at Mansfield -- not the same or even less.
                            As was stated before, #MDEB. Earl was able to promote races at other tracks. He promoted at New Bremen, Limaland, Dayton, Millstream, Mansfield as well as a couple of tracks in Indiana and didn’t hurt Eldora at all.

Comment

Yes and ran those tracks to feed into Eldora.
                              They helped promote each other.
                              Last edited by RRacer70; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X