Linda's Speedway National Open and unique format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda's Speedway National Open and unique format

Last weekend I made the trip to eastern pa to lindas speedway for the national open. Im sure 99% of you on here never heard of this race let alone been there before. They run the national open for the 270cc micro sprints and the 600 mini sprints and get a ton of cars. This year they got 68 270's and around 55 600's with a bad weather forecast. Usually cars counts are even higher. Its a high banked 1/4 mile bullring and the 270s turn 12.5 second laps and the 600s high 10 sec laps /low 11's. Place is extremely racey with a top,middle, and bottom groove. I know some people on here like midgets and different events so I figured id post it. They run a quick program. Food was good, and admission price is cheap. $25 pitpass and $6 general admission.
    Onto the format for the 2 day event. Friday you pill draw for qualifying spots. Everyone gets hotlaps and then rolls into qualifying. You get points for qualifying and the top 57 cars get locked into 3 preliminary features on Friday night. The rest run a 15 lap last chance race taking the top 3 to tail the preliminary features putting 20 cars in each feature. Then they run those with points for those races also. Adding the points of where you finish in the feature with qualifying the top ten automatically get locked into Saturdays A-Main. The 3 features also payout money Friday. After that they have the race of champions which every track champion or series champion runs a feature to see who is the best of the best. If they don't get 20 entries they fill it with past winners of the race of champions. Then on Saturday everyone gets hotlaps and 11th in points on back gets placed into heat races with them lined up by points. had 68 cars so it was 6 heat races taking the top 2 to the feature and everyone else got placed into d,c, and bmains by there heat race finishes. Place is racey and this weekend I watched a guy go from the c all the way to top 5 of the a-main. I was told in years past Ryan Smith had ran the whole alphabet to win the Amain. They took the top 7 from the bmain and had a provisional for a past winner of the amain who didn't make it in. Im not sure if anywhere else has this format but it gives the racer plenty of opportunities to race there way into the amain and was great for the fans on a 2 day format.

http://www.lindasspeedway.com/

Heres the link to the website.

Comment

Seems like a pretty nice format. I saw some social media from the event but that was about it. They pretty much run small stuff there most of the year right? Like how Deerfield was.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Also the friday preliminary features were inverted by 30 and the points difference went down by 2 for qualifying 1.200 2.198 3.196 and for the preliminary features it was 3 1.200 2.197 3.194

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
          Seems like a pretty nice format. I saw some social media from the event but that was about it. They pretty much run small stuff there most of the year right? Like how Deerfield was.
          Yea all smaller division stuff. Tracks not big enough for full size cars.

Comment

I've always wanted to check out Linda's and LANCO. Those little cars are fun to watch.

Comment

Lanco looks like a great track to race on with the banking and riding the wall I got to run Linda's for the first time this past weekend so its one off the bucket list. Wish those track were closer that's forsure.

Comment

Working...
              X