No announcement yet.

Lucas Oil and WoO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid series races and the format issue becomes moot. The first time Lucas Oil came to Attica, Bloomquist won a heat and the feature without passing a single car. Part of his dominance was due to the format. Part was due to superior knowledge and talent. Part was due to superior equipment. When the feature line-up was announced, it was apparent to me that none of the locals had a chance to win. People on this forum have said sanctioned races show how our locals stack up with the touring pros. Why is that important, and why is it entertaining?

Comment

Both series have good and bad shows. Lucas Oil @ Portsmouth Saturday, trying to run out of the track when they waited for the rain to hit was BS. Most of us were not happy, especially since they were aware of weather concerns, started early, and said they would change race lineup and never did. Always fun to see a water truck on the track when raindrops are falling.

Does Lucas Oil have drug testing policy like WRG does? We all are pretty aware of at least one driver already mentioned in this thread and his suspensions from WRG due to testing policy. So if that "talent" follows Lucas Oil, is that series really that much better or the only other option for big $ races?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Just said didn't like theirs, thought all has better format. Your correct the fast cars are gonna be up front and seen locals make it there, but I still like a minor invert. By your account we might as well pay them how they qualified
        Right... because nobody has a chance to make passes in the heat race, dash, or feature. Give me a break. Not to mention there is an inversion for the dash lineup. In WoO races you can qualify quick time, win your heat, and still start as worse as 6th, 8th, or 10th in the dash depending on how many heats there were.

With the current WoO format (usually 4 heat races) you can qualify top 16 and start in the top 4. Putting yourself in great position for a top-2 finish and a spot in the dash. I will admit the ASCoC format is slightly better that the WoO. I like how they only qualify against the cars in their heat so there isn't as much track variation.

Comment

You do know what topic refers too correct? We're talking late models not sprint cars

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            People on this forum have said sanctioned races show how our locals stack up with the touring pros. Why is that important, and why is it entertaining?
            It shows how close you are to being the best? If these local guys had the chance to run ASCoC or the WoO tours I think most drivers would. Its the dream right? Get paid to race cars for a living. I think in any form of competition someone would like to see how they stack up against the best in the world. Not to mention it can earn you some recognition. If you're running well against the best in the world with less equipment, as a driver it might earn you some opportunities in the future in better equipment. Take Max Stambaugh for example... I don't think hes ever been in high funded rides, but doing well in his family owned car earned him a ride with the Marshall Motorsports Team. He had his ups and downs with them, I believe more ups than downs as that season went on. Because of that success he is now paired up with a different team and is planning to be on tour with the ASCoC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
              You do know what topic refers too correct? We're talking late models not sprint cars
              Yes I noticed that was thread topic, but there were many sprint car related comments before I joined in. I was mostly referring to the comments about big sanctions and fast guys being at the front in general.

Comment

I was applying the ASCoC procedure as being a good thing to use on late models

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                  The one thing any big sanction does it protects its members so comes up with ways to put them up front.
                  People pay to see the big guys run. The series dont want a local to win over their members. It is just a money fact.
                  They got to keep the members relevent or soon the series has no members.

That is why there are provisionals and such.

Fast guy on pole has protected members from bad heat races.
                  When you travel a series you should have some protection/reward for following their series and the provisional deal isn't that bad of deal for teams and not sure why fans care so much about it to be honest. It isn't like they are keeping a local out if a series guy gets a provisional and for the most part you would think fans would be happier seeing more cars on the track as well.

As far as fast guys on the pole I like the 4-car invert, but also like longer heat races (10 laps) to give guys a chance from the back to try and make moves.

I think the All Star format is good for the most part.

Had some very exciting all star races this year.
                  Yes, they did and also had a great group of cars following them this entire year.

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                  And that Bulls54t right there is why they won't get my money anymore. Went to Attica 1 time they were there, 7 cars in a heat & they start Bloomquist on the pole & people were clapping when he won & I said you people clap for that s54t.
                  So Bloomer should start on the tail to make you happy or make it more challenging for him?

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
                  I'll never understand people complaining about certain series formats. One of the dumbest complaints is, "Oh the World of Outlaws always let their drivers start at the front and they always win."
                  No, the format rewards you for being fast and the Outlaws are the fastest because they are the best in the world. Obviously its fun to watch a local driver give the outlaws a run for their money but as a fan I don't want to see them handed an advantage to do so. Don't want to start at the back? Then qualify better or pass some cars in your heat. Can't pass cars in your heat? Tough ****, get faster.

I've watched Gravel, Sweet, and Haudenschild put on some awesome heat races this year too.
                  Agree the teams who are fast should be up front especially in a 8 lap heat race. As mentioned above would like longer heat races and a invert of 4 to make the racing a little better and give guys a chance to try and move into the dash or even make the a-main for actually racing and not just because you qualified badly.

Avoid series races and the format issue becomes moot. The first time Lucas Oil came to Attica, Bloomquist won a heat and the feature without passing a single car. Part of his dominance was due to the format. Part was due to superior knowledge and talent. Part was due to superior equipment. When the feature line-up was announced, it was apparent to me that none of the locals had a chance to win. People on this forum have said sanctioned races show how our locals stack up with the touring pros. Why is that important, and why is it entertaining?
                  Again so it is Bloomers fault that nobody passed him? Every team there had a chance for 50 laps to pass him. Not sure how the format benefited only Bloomer when every team/driver there had the same situation and opportunity that he had.

As for locals if they want to compete against the best then they need to do a little bit better when the best comes to town. That means qualify and race better which our locals didn't do that well this year in the sprint car division and didn't really have much of a chance in the late models since they don't have the WoO-LM/Lucas come to Attica anymore. People always say how good Ohio sprint car racing is, but when the WoO's came to town this year the locals got spanked hard. Local late models had Wayne County to judge themselves on and get some extra money.
                  Last edited by DirtRacer42; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Also seems like a lot of late models switch back and forth from running WoO or Lucas series.

Actually would like to see show with both sanctions at Mansfield or WCS run together would be good racing.

The main thing I dislike is when series members qualify fast times and run badly in heat races. Then when they do the b or c mains they line up fast time usually putting them on the pole over guy who drove better who is placed at tail. Im ok if they make provisional for fast time guy who did not make feature thru heat but only one and not favor them in the bs.

Comment

Well you all just go hand 30 damn dollars to watch him win from the front. I want to see him earn it if he's the best, I don't blame him & I just used that heat race because he pretty much walked away. They started all the followers on the pole or outside front row. They didn't have that many cars & if you know Attica regulars He & the rest shouldn't have had no problem racing their way in. & what I didn't say SAF was the 2nd heat of sprints was a barnburner & then I said to those same people Now That's Racing.

The only way the 2nd & 3rd row had a chance to beat Him & whoever started on the outside was if they both broke.

My book is different from some of you & by god I'll script it to what I want to see & how much it cost's me.

Thanks Denny.

Comment

Thats why we are all here.
                        To express our thoughts

Comment

Also seems like a lot of late models switch back and forth from running WoO or Lucas series.

Actually would like to see show with both sanctions at Mansfield or WCS run together would be good racing.

The main thing I dislike is when series members qualify fast times and run badly in heat races. Then when they do the b or c mains they line up fast time usually putting them on the pole over guy who drove better who is placed at tail. Im ok if they make provisional for fast time guy who did not make feature thru heat but only one and not favor them in the bs.
                          Both big races at Eldora are only ump sanction so there's your 2 series against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

It shows how close you are to being the best? If these local guys had the chance to run ASCoC or the WoO tours I think most drivers would. Its the dream right? Get paid to race cars for a living. I think in any form of competition someone would like to see how they stack up against the best in the world.
                            Many of the OSU football players dream of a pro career after college. Maybe the Buckeyes should play an NFL team because NFL players are the best in the world. The Buckeye players would see how they compare to the pros.

Comment

Many of the OSU football players dream of a pro career after college. Maybe the Buckeyes should play an NFL team because NFL players are the best in the world. The Buckeye players would see how they compare to the pros.
                              From what I seen last week they have enough issues with Purdue.

Comment

I know race you speak of and that's Lucas format quick time pole heat 1, heat 1 winner pole of feature. Need inversion of say 6 for feature minimum. Think WoO does this for feature and much more fan friendly. You watch freight train in rubber track with no passing your not gonna be disappointed in race you seen? Racing involves side by side and passing. I've been to one series race that top 6 times automatic feature and lined up my time at front. Heats were for everyone else. OMG series race at Florence. Some tracks down south I hear qualify and that sets feature straight up and that's all you get for night

Comment

Working...
                                X