Lucas Oil and WoO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

From what I seen last week they have enough issues with Purdue.
    Wonderful insight, but I believe you missed the point of my analogy. Consider this observation. Drunken OSU fans make a Buckeye loss more entertaining than a Buckeye win. Football tends to bring out the worst in people.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
      Wonderful insight, but I believe you missed the point of my analogy. Consider this observation. Drunken OSU fans make a Buckeye loss more entertaining than a Buckeye win. Football tends to bring out the worst in people.
      I believe DirtRacer42 was being sarcastic. But I sincerely missed the point of your analogy. Locals vs ASCoC vs WoO doesnt compare to NCAAF vs NFL. A local 410 team might have a smaller budget but essentially is racing the same equipment and rule book. There's even some local teams that have higher budgets than ASCoC teams.

Comment

I was attempting to illustrate is the meaninglessness of locals vs. pros in dirt racing. I dropped the ball using OSU in my comparison. The Buckeyes are essentially a pro team. Therefore, no Buckeye player need dream of being a pro. He already is one. In future I will rely less on metaphor and try to express myself literally. If any local teams (latemodel or 410) have a higher budget than the touring pros, who are they?

Comment

Id say trevor baker has higher budget then quite a few ascoc teams. Being specific john garvin and spithaler from last year.

Comment

I thought OSU paid their players better than the pro teams?

Comment

Could also say 75% of the top five in points at any track had a higher budget then jac haudenchild did last year.

Comment

I always think of Byron 5R as family business helps same with Baker boys 45 and 23. They work hard in family business and reinvest in themselves which is great. Trevor does the traveling the most out of the 3.
                Unfortunately not all drivers have a very successful family business to help finance or the businesses have closed from owners being old. Sadly lots of those who invested have become old and are gone or not able to be active.
                Byron is happy to run his local tracks and remember when he used to come race WCS quite a bit.

Hopefully we wont lose those family businesses involved in racing.

Same applies to the late models.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  I was attempting to illustrate is the meaninglessness of locals vs. pros in dirt racing. I dropped the ball using OSU in my comparison. The Buckeyes are essentially a pro team. Therefore, no Buckeye player need dream of being a pro. He already is one. In future I will rely less on metaphor and try to express myself literally. If any local teams (latemodel or 410) have a higher budget than the touring pros, who are they?
                  For one... although the buckeyes are one of the best college teams they are no where near a pro team. They might get special treatment like they are professionals compared to other schools but they are not compensated or as skilled as NFL players(for the most part). So yes, I still think they all dream of making to the NFL.

As for local teams: I would imagine Phlio, Baker, Mintz, Reed, Neumeister(Linders) are all working with budgets larger than some ASCoC touring teams. And thats just Ohio teams. Late models I have no idea.

Comment

Lucas Oil Late Models announced their schedule today. Included below are all of the Lucas Oil Shows plus the Dream and World 100. Mansfield retained their two shows (July 4th timeframe & Dirt Million). PRP Retained all 3 shows. Atomic retained their Spring Fling. Musk Co retained their July 4th period date. Raceway 7 will be bringing the Lucas Oil Late Models for the first time in track history in October next year. Pretty big news there IMO.
                    • March 15th
                      • Atomic Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • April 12th
                      • Sharon Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • June 6th
                      • Eldora Speedway – Late Models (The Dream)
                    • June 7th
                    • June 8th
                    • July 3rd
                      • Muskingum Co. Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • July 4th
                      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • July 6th
                      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • August 22nd
                      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models (Dirt Million)
                    • August 23rd
                    • August 24th
                    • August 31st
                    • September 5th
                      • Eldora Speedway – Late Models (World 100)
                    • September 6th
                    • September 7th
                    • October 4th
                      • Raceway 7 – Lucas Oil Late Models
                    • October 18th
                    • October 19th

2018 Race Counter: 24
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

That is a lot of late model races from one series, in one state. Are they even racing anywhere else a couple of those months.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post
                        That is a lot of late model races from one series, in one state. Are they even racing anywhere else a couple of those months.
                        Keep in mind that the Dream and World 100 are not lucas oil sanctioned but they do not schedule against it. Answer though, yes every single month has dates elsewhere, ranging from Nebraska to Arkansas.
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Now I've got a reason to check out raceway 7. Always wanted too and heard racing was great there 20yrs ago or so but heard fell off at one point

Comment

Used to hear a lot about Raceway 7 then hardly anything. I wasnt even sure they were still open.

Comment

They’ve been hit HARD by rain the past two seasons. I think they maybe ran 8-9 events in 2017 bc track was flooded all season.

Comment

They got rid of super lates and added crate

Comment

Working...
                                X