S.o.D. Sold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.o.D. Sold

John Naida sold the Sprints on Dirt to Dave Muzzillo. Muzzilo is the current general manager of Baer Field Motorsport Park in FortWayne Indiana. He also is the owner of the ICAR pavement stock series. Sounds like no immediate changes to SOD but I do wonder how the balance of GLSS and SOD will change due to this.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Wasn't Baer Field inactive in 2018? Maybe John Naida's purchase of SOD means the Baer Field will be open in 2019. Not too many racing facilities have both dirt and paved ovals, but Baer Field does. I've never been there, so Baer Field probably raced on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
      Wasn't Baer Field inactive in 2018? Maybe John Naida's purchase of SOD means the Baer Field will be open in 2019. Not too many racing facilities have both dirt and paved ovals, but Baer Field does. I've never been there, so Baer Field probably raced on Friday night.
      Baer Field had a much shorter schedule in 2018 than in previous years. Asphalt racing is suffering not only there but throughout the midwest. They raced mostly on the 3/8 mile not the 1/2 mile. Crowds were down in 2017 and car counts were down as well. The whole facility needs upgraded in my opinion.

The dirt track didn't race in 2018 as far as I know. They cut the dirt track in the infield of the asphalt oval. I was there in 2017 for a dirt show and it was a pretty crude set up. The cars had to enter and exit off of the asphalt track and the dirt track didn't have safety lights or any barriers to keep race cars on the dirt oval. They really needed to dump a bunch of money into bringing the track up to speed. I'm not sure that they had anyone who knew much about track prep either. The day that I was there, the track surface was rutted and very rough. Racing wasn't very good.

TJ Buffington.................. aka tjslideways....................has a podcast on his site talking with both John and Dave. Interesting.
      Last edited by Mud Packer; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
      X