World of outlaws to race at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of outlaws to race at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway

WRG CEO Brian Carter announced on Winged Nation that the WoO Sprint Cars will race on a quarter mile dirt track at the Nashville Fairgrounds speedway the weekend of May 31-June 1, 2019. This is the same weekend as The 100k to win Sprint Car World Championships at Mansfield Speedway.

I'd say its a good deal on both ends. WoO gets a novelty race in a region that does not see them much and it is far enough away that it shouldn't greatly impact the Mansfield car count.
    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Puts to rest the rumor that the Mansfield 100k was going to be WoO sanctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Puts to rest the rumor that the Mansfield 100k was going to be WoO sanctioned.
      Cody had already stated it would remain unsanctioned.

Does anyone else think that it's funny how WoO will schedule against other big events if they can't have them? Wonder how big they'll make that Nashville event to compare.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I like it. only in ohio do we get the best of the best at the kings royal and best of the rest at Mansfield. I personally don't want to see schatz win them both every year. Spread that money to a non woo regular. I wish cody would of did the sprint million without the outlaws to really rub it in. I bet that pot would be bigger for the sprints then he got for the latemodels especially since Mansfield is sprint car favored by fans. look at wcs just 35min down the road. without sprints you could skip rocks down the bleachers and not hit anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Does anyone else think that it's funny how WoO will schedule against other big events if they can't have them? Wonder how big they'll make that Nashville event to compare.
          i don't think this is a case of the Outlaws scheduling against a big show intentially. This past year they were in Texas like they were in previous years, so they were already following the same schedule as previously done.

The Nashville race has been in the planning stages for a while and I find it hard to believe that both the Outlaws and Nashville worked out this date to run specifically against the SCWC. I think both parties are smart enough to not get into a pissing match as it would be a losing situation on both sides. To me this is a winning deal for both. Mansfield will get a great field & crowd, and outlaws get to go in a new/small market, most likely get a good crowd, will pull a decent field with a good payout also.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

i don't think this is a case of the Outlaws scheduling against a big show intentially. This past year they were in Texas like they were in previous years, so they were already following the same schedule as previously done.

2017 the World of Outlaws had an open weekend that weekend. The Texas date was new. It was the weekend after Haubstadt and before Eldora.
            2018 Race Counter: 24
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

The Nashville race has been in the planning stages for a while and I find it hard to believe that both the Outlaws and Nashville worked out this date to run specifically against the SCWC. I think both parties are smart enough to not get into a pissing match as it would be a losing situation on both sides. To me this is a winning deal for both. Mansfield will get a great field & crowd, and outlaws get to go in a new/small market, most likely get a good crowd, will pull a decent field with a good payout also.

yeah its intentional. no way they want there guys racing at Mansfield not under the woo sanction. its a business and they don't care about the betterment of the sport and what the fans want but care more about $$$ and branding. Lets see.... Charge a track 50 grand for the sanctioning fee or let Mansfield get most of our regulars for free. Do the math.

Comment

Come on now I know around here posters like to bash the WoO/All-Star series because of the "little guy mentality", but that is regular racing season and do you expect the biggest and best sprint car series to not racing in one of the best times of the year? They was in Texas during that same time frame this year and from March on they are racing almost every Friday and Saturday night.

Heck I don't expect or would hope that places like Attica don't cancel either. If they get a smaller car count so be it. If they decide not to race that weekend for sprint cars at least have a late model show because as we have seen this past year with rain-outs tracks didn't get many dates and when they didn't have a race it seemed to be nice out weather-wise.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

yeah its intentional. no way they want there guys racing at Mansfield not under the woo sanction. its a business and they don't care about the betterment of the sport and what the fans want but care more about $$$ and branding. Lets see.... Charge a track 50 grand for the sanctioning fee or let Mansfield get most of our regulars for free. Do the math.
                With those sanction fees your getting the best of the best as well, but I know posters here don't like the WoO/All-stars big guys and want to see some local win.

As for the fees you might be paying a lot for the WoO, but your likely going to get your biggest crowd at the track as well. Comparison sake the Kings Royal ticket price is a lot lower than the Mansfield race, but your getting the best of the best with a lot bigger total purse as well. Where as the Mansfield race your paying top dollar for the event as a fan and getting to see locals, a few all-stars, and a couple of invaders.

As for crowd size Mansfield got less than 10,000 for the big race while Eldora got over 30,000 for the Kings Royal in a record breaking crowd for the event. So I guess both win or can say they did.

Comment

[QUOTE=DirtRacer42;n26861
                  ” Where as the Mansfield race your paying top dollar for the event as a fan and getting to see locals, a few all-stars, and a couple of invaders.”

What race did you go to? The race I went to had 9 of the top 11 all stars in points racing not just a few. And Paul Mcmahan was filing in for someone on the outlaw tour, if I remember right, or he would have been there too. With all of the top All Stars in attendance, some might have thought it was an All Star race. The race I went to also had several invaders not just a couple. I would consider Terry McCarl, Lance Dewease, Kerry Madsen, Rico Abreu, Brian Brown, Sammy Swindell, Brock Zearfoss, D.J. Netto, Hunter Schurenberg, all as invaders and I probably missed a few. Not to mention the winner was the ultimate invader who runs a true outlaw schedule anytime, anywhere when the money is on the line. The race I went to had over 70 sprint cars in the pits that night. How many other races get a car count like that? How many other races get a quality field of cars like they got? Not too many. I would pay top dollar for an event like this seven days a week and twice on Sunday especially when it’s right here in Ohio.

Comment

Don't forget that seating capacity also has impact on admission price

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

I'm plenty capable of doing the math thank you very much, majored in business & minored in math. You will have a tough time selling me on the theory that a Business that make's its money in racing based on racetracks paying them sanctioning fees, convincing drivers/teams to drive under their banner, and sponsorship does not care about the betterment of the sport or the fans. It is in their best interest to try to better the sport, now you can talk about whether in your own opinion the decisions that said Business has made has full-filled that method but that would be on one individual's opinion.

And it is not smart for the Outlaws to simply take the weekend off if another track is willing to pay money for them to race at their facility, especially if it is in a market that they do not visit regularly. Why would the Outlaws not schedule a race during that weekend if another track is willing to pay a sanctioning fee and give them money? The whole sprint car world does not have to shut down because Mansfield is having a race paying 100k to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
                        ” Where as the Mansfield race your paying top dollar for the event as a fan and getting to see locals, a few all-stars, and a couple of invaders.”

What race did you go to? The race I went to had 9 of the top 11 all stars in points racing not just a few. And Paul Mcmahan was filing in for someone on the outlaw tour, if I remember right, or he would have been there too. With all of the top All Stars in attendance, some might have thought it was an All Star race. The race I went to also had several invaders not just a couple. I would consider Terry McCarl, Lance Dewease, Kerry Madsen, Rico Abreu, Brian Brown, Sammy Swindell, Brock Zearfoss, D.J. Netto, Hunter Schurenberg, all as invaders and I probably missed a few. Not to mention the winner was the ultimate invader who runs a true outlaw schedule anytime, anywhere when the money is on the line. The race I went to had over 70 sprint cars in the pits that night. How many other races get a car count like that? How many other races get a quality field of cars like they got? Not too many. I would pay top dollar for an event like this seven days a week and twice on Sunday especially when it’s right here in Ohio.
                        So your mad I used "few" and "couple" instead of "several"? WOW get a grip dude!

As for the race I thought it was a very good show.

As for the car count I don't go to a race for quantity because I go for quality of the field. If I wanted quantity cars I would go to those 7 division night races all over the area where they brag about 100-200 cars or more in the pits. Those are the races I stay away from and have no real interest in them to be honest, but that is my opinion and know some fans love to see those type of events and cars so good for you.

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                        Don't forget that seating capacity also has impact on admission price
                        Yep your right and Mansfield during the Nascar truck series era had seating in the turns and the backstretch where the wood boxes are now so hopefully this event keeps growing and can add more seating for fans to come to Mansfield to make it a bigger event.

Last edited by DirtRacer42; 4 days ago.

Comment

2017 the World of Outlaws had an open weekend that weekend. The Texas date was new. It was the weekend after Haubstadt and before Eldora.
                          Yes they moved it two weeks, but again you will have a hard time convincing me that this was done as some sort of master plan to schedule a "big" event against Mansfield. The race at Devils Bowl has always only brought in 22-28 cars tops? I doubt the planning was made this year to move it in hopes steal Mansfield's thunder. While I do not doubt some of the Outlaw drivers might be a little upset that they cannot race for 100k, it does not make sense for the Outlaws as a company to allow its members to race in another race and not get anything in return. Would it be nice and a great gesture? Of course, but if you do it once then it opens the door for it to happen repeatedly. If a track like Nashville is willing to pay them however much to race that weekend then race there. That is their business model.

No one on here seemed to have a problem the past couple years when Mansfield scheduled races during the Knoxville Nationals the past couple of years. That move was considered open minded and helping the local racer who could not make it to Knoxville or perform well there. People on here complain in May during the Outlaws at Eldora that its a tragedy that all other tracks close, most of the local racers do not even go to Eldora that weekend and on and on. Why is it always ok for the local philosophy to go against the Outlaws but when the Outlaws schedule a race 8+hours away of a big local race it turns into "how dare they do that." I am all for and support anything that anyone does for the "little guy" or local racer. 100K to win race unsanctioned, brilliant, awesome, kudos for Cody for putting it on. But the whole mentality that the Outlaws is an evil empire that some people have on here makes me shake my head.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

So your mad I used "few" and "couple"? WOW!

Yep your right and Mansfield during the Nascar truck series era had seating in the turns and the backstretch where the wood boxes are now so hopefully this event keeps growing and can add more seating for fans to come to Mansfield to make it a bigger event.
                            I am not mad at all. There are many other important things in life that might make me mad but posting on a message board isn’t one of them. That may be your life but it isn’t mine. Lol, literally. I was just pointing out, that what you said, was not correct at all. And don’t act like you misspoke and said a couple or few by accident. You have continually tried to downplay this race as being something less than what it was. Which, in my opinion, was one of the best races of the year. I base that on car count, the quality of the cars, the racing, and the money on the line. It was basically (even though it wasn’t) one of the best All Star races you will ever see in my humble and not angry opinion. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

I am not mad at all. There are many other important things in life that might make me mad but posting on a message board isn’t one of them. That may be your life but it isn’t mine. Lol, literally. I was just pointing out, that what you said, was not correct at all. And don’t act like you misspoke and said a couple or few by accident. You have continually tried to downplay this race as being something less than what it was. Which, in my opinion, was one of the best races of the year. I base that on car count, the quality of the cars, the racing, and the money on the line. It was basically (even though it wasn’t) one of the best All Star races you will ever see in my humble and not angry opinion. Lol.
                              Hahaha yep. It was obvious he was trying to downplay the event. The Outlaws drew 22 cars in Texas that weekend (and it would've only been 20 if not for two late Keith Kunz entires. The SCWC at Mansfield drew 70+cars and had nearly every heavy hitter in the country in attendance. Whether you used "a couple", "few", or "several" to describe the amount of Allstars/invaders you would still be flat out wrong. Not including the strong local teams there was:
                              Tim Shaffer
                              Brian Brown
                              Hunter Schuerenberg
                              Joey Saldana
                              Parker Price-Miller
                              Kerry Madsen
                              Chad Kemenah
                              Ryan Smith
                              Dave Blaney
                              Lance DeWease
                              Caleb Armstrong
                              Brock Zearfoss
                              Justin Peck
                              Terry McCarl
                              Cale Conley
                              Randy Hannagan
                              Carson Macedo
                              Aaron Reutzel
                              Gio Scelzi
                              Gerald McIntyre Jr
                              Danny Dietrich
                              James McFadden
                              Danny Holtgraver
                              Spencer Bayston
                              Cole Duncan
                              Trey Starks
                              Rico Abreu
                              DJ Netto
                              Jac Haudenschild

Thats 30 All-stars and invaders in good equipment. I don't understand why people continue to tear down Mansfield and SCWC. I've had a better experience every time I've seen a race there and expect it to continue to get better. If the rock problem is fixed next year I think everyone on these boards will run out of things to b!tch about.

Comment

Working...
                              X