No announcement yet.

World of outlaws to race at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was one of my top 3 sprint races this year.
    I enjoyed it being unsanctioned.
    If it was WoO sanctioned, the tickets would have been doubled to cover the sanction fee on top of purse.
    A facility the size of Mansfield costs a small fortune to operate.

WoO I think by running so many extra races is eventually going to run out of drivers who have run out of funds. WoO sanction rakes in the sanction fees and sponsor money but the drivers are not benefiting quite as much.
    Using Donny Schatz as an example, if his major money sponsor were gone, how long could he run every race.

If the sanction got down to only 6 or so drivers running fulltime, what would happen to the brand?

Unless the track makes significant profit, they wont keep having the sanction and will be trying something else.
    Eldora is an exception with volumne of fans plus income from alcohol, concessions and merchandise so they can keep reasonable ticket prices.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      This was one of my top 3 sprint races this year.
      I enjoyed it being unsanctioned.
      If it was WoO sanctioned, the tickets would have been doubled to cover the sanction fee on top of purse.
      A facility the size of Mansfield costs a small fortune to operate.

WoO I think by running so many extra races is eventually going to run out of drivers who have run out of funds. WoO sanction rakes in the sanction fees and sponsor money but the drivers are not benefiting quite as much.
      Using Donny Schatz as an example, if his major money sponsor were gone, how long could he run every race.

If the sanction got down to only 6 or so drivers running fulltime, what would happen to the brand?

Unless the track makes significant profit, they wont keep having the sanction and will be trying something else.
      Eldora is an exception with volumne of fans plus income from alcohol, concessions and merchandise so they can keep reasonable ticket prices.
      Every outlaw race this year was standing room only except for some of the big tracks like Eldora. Let's just enjoy how great the sport is doing

Comment

If you're in the area that the Outlaws are racing that weekend I personally would be disappointed because for a $25k to win show (like devil's bowl last year and nashville this year) you expect to get more than the hapless counts they got last year. They got 23/22 in 2018 at Devils Bowl and 29/26 in 2017 when it was unopposed with a few extra drivers like Bacon, Christopher Bell, and Price-Miller there. I think it hurts the Outlaw race more than it hurts Mansfield because the top drivers who aren't committed to the Outlaws will go compete for $100k over $25k that Schatz and Sweet will likely take.

While the top say 8 or 9 cars on the Outlaws are typically MUCH better than the top regional guys, I think there was more guys of that Caliber at Mansfield last year then Devil's Bowl. Just my 2 cents.

I love watching the Outlaws race and know they are top dogs, I just can't stand race track politics.
        2018 Race Counter: 24
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Clarifying....
          WoO shows might have been SRO but if that was not enough to make a profit AFTER paying sanction fee and purse, some tracks just cant do it again. Saying their stands only holds 2500 vs 30,000 is a big profit difference and decision maker.

I just could see some sanctions not being affordable for some tracks that had previously run them and they have to travel further to find tracks. Eldora will be fine as Im sure they make quite a profit.
          Last edited by RRacer70; 3 days ago.

Comment

Outlaws run every weekend (at least a Friday, Saturday or Sunday) from April to October they were going to race that weekend . Even if they didn't schedule a race none of the outlaws would be allowed to run Mansfield anyways as it's at a track that don't have a WOO race on the schedule. It's in a sparse 410 area so 22 to 25 cars will be the count, nothing to do with the Mansfield race. No controversy.
            Last edited by armyduke; 3 days ago.

Comment

Everyone on this post is saying the same thing. Outlaws scheduled this show to make a few bucks and keep their teams from going to Mansfield. Period!

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                Outlaws run every weekend (at least a Friday, Saturday or Sunday) from April to October they were going to race that weekend . Even if they didn't schedule a race none of the outlaws would be allowed to run Mansfield anyways as it's at a track that don't have a WOO race on the schedule. It's in a sparse 410 area so 22 to 25 cars will be the count, nothing to do with the Mansfield race. No controversy.
                That’s correct. Debating these conflicts is a moot point because The WoO has restrictions, which have been in place for years, to “ protect the brand “, just like the ASCOC does. The tracks and sanctions all need to run their own businesses, and scheduling conflicts will always exist. Fans will need to decide which track they will attend on any given night. Same with teams, except for those caught up in “ protecting the brand “. That track in Nashville is one with a long and significant history in the southern states, so this idea of adding dirt to race open wheel cars on a one time basis is a really big deal for people in that part of the country, similar to Mansfield reopening and adding dirt and running what people perceive as a very special event or events up north.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                  Everyone on this post is saying the same thing. Outlaws scheduled this show to make a few bucks and keep their teams from going to Mansfield. Period!
                  Not really.

It's funny when Cody runs a race to make money it is okay or encouraged my fans here, but when the WoO's/All-Stars do it they are the evil empire.

Comment

I like the All Stars and WoO.
                    Would like to see Mansfield be a speedweek race as location is pretty central.

I still like seeing big races that are also unsanctioned as that adds a different element to shows.

Yes series are businesses to make money, that is why they are there. WoO having a race same day as Mansfield is fine. It just isnt going to hurt the SCWC as I think more drivers come because it is not sanctioned.

My thought is some of your regular weekly tracks cant keep paying the sanction fees increases and stay profitable unless ticket prices really increase then folks still complain.

Comment

Seems like this should work out well for everyone. And now the WoO can tap the millennial market in Nashville. Lots of skinny jeans, beards, half sleeve tats, flannel shirt, craft beer sipping hipsters should be there.

Comment

They need to attract millenials.

Comment

Working...
                        X