Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attica Race Fans going to the track can get excited or not worry about something now ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica Race Fans going to the track can get excited or not worry about something now ...

Looks like the "pesky" Attica police might be shutting down because of their levy not passing this past week which they threaten to close the police department down at the end of the year. So those traveling to Attica next year going down the old cemetery road at 30mph might not get pulled over anymore not doing the 25mph speed limit. Not saying that the county police won't take over or be in that area looking for a quick buck though.

Just means state troopers will be thicker

Comment

Its odd that Attica police officers are available to write nuisance speeding tickets before the races, but are unavailable to direct traffic after the race. The sheriff's deputies are only interested in keeping beer from going in or out of the gates. Clearly, both the police and sheriff's departments are at ARP to acquire revenue from racers and fans. Make no mistake, it will be business as usual for law enforcement at ARP in 2019.

Comment

Attica pays those sheriff's to be there, not tax money. Some of them are auxiliary. They're doing what paid to do, control beer, fights, etc inside gates nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
          Its odd that Attica police officers are available to write nuisance speeding tickets before the races, but are unavailable to direct traffic after the race. The sheriff's deputies are only interested in keeping beer from going in or out of the gates. Clearly, both the police and sheriff's departments are at ARP to acquire revenue from racers and fans. Make no mistake, it will be business as usual for law enforcement at ARP in 2019.
          Not sure how much "traffic" really needs directing after a local regular show especially since you stated you don't go to any of the WoO/All-Star races at Attica.

The problem with traffic at Attica is 95% of the traffic goes west (towards the tracks) so you have a couple of exits that come out at the same area along with many times 2-3 rows of traffic trying to get down to one. Then throw in a train anytime after the races and it becomes an issue for a few minutes.

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
          Attica pays those sheriff's to be there, not tax money. Some of them are auxiliary. They're doing what paid to do, control beer, fights, etc inside gates nothing else
          Correct the officers there are being paid my Attica to show enforcement just like others tracks people venture. They aren't being paid to control/direct traffic and (IMO) sometimes by doing that it becomes just as big of a issue than not having them there. My advise is to park by the old factory/school area if worried about sitting in line of packed cars or simply go east if your worried about traffic and take the next road either left or right to head back the other way which is roughly a mile away.

Comment

I never have trouble getting out of ARP after a race because I always go east on the county road. Never thru Attica. You meet the nicest people at a dirt track, so fights are rare. The cops provide great motorcycle security. I never lock the ignition and never worry about my bike.

Comment

Must be off season. Talking about Attica police.............lol

Comment

Working...
              X