2019 All-Stars (ASCoC) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    Last read here they weren't doing well and concern if operated this season. If that true then that's my guess why not scheduled there. Their luck sucks
    Just saw on another forum that Blake Anderson mentioned that Waynesfield is without a promoter now.

Comment

I just noticed one potential conflict. the $10k+ dean knittel memorial at Atomic 9/14-9/15. I love that the all stars picked this event up as it will only make that event better. However, this is traditionally the Jim ford weekend if I’m not mistaken? I really hope Fremont sees that and schedules for the following weekend instead. I always attend the Jim ford but would hate to see car counts split towards too high paying events that weekend.

If if they push it back September will be an awesome month of spring car racing. Attica dirt classic weekend to kick things off, dean knittel memorial, Jim ford classic, and dirt blowout at Wayne county & and all star championship at eldora.
      2019 Race Counter: 18
      Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

I'm guessing the 9/28 finale at Eldora is part of 4-Crown weekend and if I'm not mistaken the Jim Ford is traditionally the weekend before that. That, in theory, would put the JF the weekend between Atomic and Eldora and when the Ascoc are in PA and MD. I could be wrong, but hopefully it'll work out for the benefit or teams and fans.

TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

I think the speedweek schedule is more traveler friendly this year except Atomic to Sharon.

Comment

Well...really bummed to hear about Waynesfield and was hoping it was a typo on the Speedweek schedule. Also, I thought maybe they'd get over it with the Fremont BS, but Tony wants to hold a grudge...so be it. The series is suffering by snubbing the "Home of the All Stars" but whatever. What do I know...
            ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
            http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post
              I'm guessing the 9/28 finale at Eldora is part of 4-Crown weekend and if I'm not mistaken the Jim Ford is traditionally the weekend before that. That, in theory, would put the JF the weekend between Atomic and Eldora and when the Ascoc are in PA and MD. I could be wrong, but hopefully it'll work out for the benefit or teams and fans.
              Jim Ford was 9/15 last year and 9/16 in 2017.
              Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

The whole Farmer-All Star pissing match hasn't really hurt anyone other than the fans. Tony Stewart isn't going to lose a second of sleep over Fremont not getting a race and Farmer will just move on and buy another business. From what I have heard though, Farmer may not of distanced himself as much as we've been told. Maybe Tony and the All Stars have heard this too and won't come back until they are sure Farmer has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                  Well...really bummed to hear about Waynesfield and was hoping it was a typo on the Speedweek schedule. Also, I thought maybe they'd get over it with the Fremont BS, but Tony wants to hold a grudge...so be it. The series is suffering by snubbing the "Home of the All Stars" but whatever. What do I know...
                  With regard to Waynesfield, it saw a posting on Facebook from them about 3 jobs they are trying to fill. So it would appear they are still running, just no All Star races.

Not too sure what to make of the Fremont situation. No one seems to want to talk as to what happened and all I have heard is hearsay from loyalists of each party blame the other one. I wouldn't say the All Stars are suffering though. Just basing it on what I see from attendance at the races. Can't comment on Fremont as I haven't been their except for 1 time in the past 5seasons when the outlaws were there. It's one of the furthest tracks from my house so the likelihood of making it up there is very slim for me

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Jim Ford was 9/15 last year and 9/16 in 2017.
                    And the 4-Crown was 9/21-22 and 9/22-23 those years, the weekend after.
                    TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

I feel Fremont should at least get one race, but obviously what happened between Farmer and Stewart did not end well, and I really think it has hurt Fremont Speedway more than anything.

Comment

I don’t feel like a winner. I hate it that the fans of Fremont continue to be punished. I don’t care who was right or wrong, I just want All Star racing, at what used to be, the home of the All Stars. If what I heard about farmer not distancing himself is true, he will be around for at least a couple of more years because he still has a contract. So, if that’s true as well, I wouldn’t expect the All Stars to return anytime soon.

Comment

That is too bad for the Fremont crowd. Had some great all star shows there from late 80s and on when I attended.

Comment

They went from having a 2 day Memorial weekend show, 2 speedweek shows, and 2 shows for Jim Ford Classic..............to having nothing...........

Because of this you never see the cars showing up for a local show to tune up for an ASCoC race.

Comment

Okay, I'll be that n00b. What exactly happened between Farmer and the All Stars?
                              TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by TheAMain View Post

And the 4-Crown was 9/21-22 and 9/22-23 those years, the weekend after.
                                4 crown got moved back a weekend this year. See the all star schedule. So there will be an open weekend between Jim Ford and 4 crown this season. Currently this is the September schedule that has been released.
                                • September 1st
                                  • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (Pete Jacobs Memorial – Rain Date 9/2)
                                • September 5th
                                  • Eldora Speedway – Late Models (World 100)
                                • September 6th
                                • September 7th
                                • September 13th
                                  • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (Dean Knittel Memorial)
                                • September 14th
                                  • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (Dean Knittel Memorial)
                                • September 28th
                                  • Eldora Speedway – ASCoC 410 Sprints (4 Crown Nats)

Comment

Working...
                                X