Mercer is Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercer is Back

Sounds like someone worked out a deal for Mercer this year. No idea if it's being leased/bought but they are back to weekly racing for the 2019 season. Here is their facebook post with the annoucnement.

Schedule almost Finished!! Rules to be posted next week and will be scheduling division meetings to go over rules.

Weekly Show Divisons

* Big Blocks
    * 305 Sprints Race Saver
    * Fast Track 602 Limited modified
    * Mini Stocks
    * Mod Lites
    1st on the schedule
    Ground Hog 100
    Mini stock 25 Laps
    Enduro 100 laps
    Feb 2nd
    Chiller Thriller
    March 30
    * BRP Tour
    *305 Sprint Race Saver
    * Fast Track 602 Limited Modified
    * Mini Stocks
    * Mod Lites
    Keep watching for updates!!
    2019 Race Counter: 12
    Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1), Mansfield (1)

Good to see Mercer back. It's been a few years since I was there. The Chiller Thriller might be on the night after ARP opens. I don't recall sprint cars at the Thriller. I remember super lates and mods.

Comment

They're talking about having some special 410 shows

Comment

Maybe Mercer can get the Lernerville 410's for a few Saturday specials. Unsanctioned, of course. Is there a western PA track racing 410's on Saturday nights?

Comment

Is Knox Sportsman or Tri City Franklin still running?
          Used to be another one there but cant remember what it was called.

Comment

Tri-City has been special events only since it reopened. I don't believe it will operate at all in 2019. Sharon has several All Star races, but no weekly 410's.

Comment

Sportsman’s Speedway in Knox, Pa., has been closed for several years. Hickory Speedway in New Castle has been closed for many years. Extremely unlikely either one will ever reopen. Tri City Speedway in Franklin has had many promoters and has opened and closed numerous times over the past 35 years. They have been operating on a limited, part time schedule for several years now. Expo Speedway, located at the Trumbull County Fairgrounds In Cortland, Ohio ( near Sharon Speedway ) only races during their County Fair.

Comment

Here’s some additional, meaningless trivia on a slow winter’s day : Motordrome 70 Speedway was a race track located east / southeast of Pittsburgh. Started life as a dirt track and ran Sprints. All Stars raced there in the 1980’s. Later it was paved and ran for years but now has been closed for at least several years. Jennerstown Speedway ( midway between western and central Pa. ) is a half mile track which was dirt for many decades until paved in the early 1990’s. Closed several times but currently races part time as a paved track. Super Modifieds have had special events there, as has Xtreme Sprint Series. All Stars also raced there in the 1980’s when it was still dirt.

Comment

The Micheals family have mercer again. They brought it back to life before i believe in early 90s. With that said the know what there doing and i bet if deerfield dont reopen like its looking they will run extra shows for dwarfs and micro sprints since they have no home track to run and plenty of cars in the area. The westen pa sprint series and sharon running 410s might be best for them to just follow suit with specials.

Comment

I don't believe any western PA track has sprint cars on a weekly basis on Saturday.. Maybe Mercer could have 410's when Sharon doesn't. Latemodels are probably out of the question because State Line Speedway has them on Saturday nights. So does Pittsburgh. What about 360's in western PA? Are there enough to have them be the weekly headline division at Mercer? Mercer is one of those tracks I have always liked and I hope it succeeds.

Comment

I think Vicki Emig converted a lot of sprint cars to her RUSH series.
                      Maybe that will be there along with the Racesavers.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                        I don't believe any western PA track has sprint cars on a weekly basis on Saturday.. Maybe Mercer could have 410's when Sharon doesn't. Latemodels are probably out of the question because State Line Speedway has them on Saturday nights. So does Pittsburgh. What about 360's in western PA? Are there enough to have them be the weekly headline division at Mercer? Mercer is one of those tracks I have always liked and I hope it succeeds.
                        From what I’ve been told the sprint shows at Sharon will be nearly weekly this year.

Comment

The 360s aren't that big in western pa but the 360 patriot sprints are great shows to attend at mercer and they were on the schedule every year. The outlaw 305s could hang with them there too which was cool. See how the rush wingless sprints are there and how that series grows in year #2. Mercer has lots of options for special shows so the schedule should have diversity and quality events.

Comment

Working...
                          X