BOSS at Oakshade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS at Oakshade

That's the rumor. The BOSS non-wing sprint cars will race at Oakshade in 2019.

Havent been any sprints there for quite a few years

Comment

Not sure most those fans know what a sprint car is.

Comment

Hope they have insurance now

Comment

That was what I was thinking Ryan5R. That used to be the big concern.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
            Hope they have insurance now
            One promoter of a 360 winged sprint series said that they would love to have a race there but his insurance company says they need a new catch fence.

Comment

I heard the insurance companies are cracking down on race tracks. They're making Wayne County put a wall up on the backstretch by 2020.

Comment

It’s been at least 8-10 years since I was last there, but back then the catch fencing was not adaquare for a Sprint Car event ( just my opinion, not a scientific fact ). I hope the BOSS management drives over there to inspect the posts, fencing, cables, etc, on both the front stretch and along the areas of the Pits. I think it’s great that they might host an event, providing it’s safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                  It’s been at least 8-10 years since I was last there, but back then the catch fencing was not adaquare for a Sprint Car event ( just my opinion, not a scientific fact ). I hope the BOSS management drives over there to inspect the posts, fencing, cables, etc, on both the front stretch and along the areas of the Pits. I think it’s great that they might host an event, providing it’s safe.
                  I’d be willing to bet that they haven’t upgraded anything since you were last there. If they have this century, I would be surprised. I’m pretty sure it is still the same chicken wire that they had when I visited. There are some good things about that track, but safety is absolutely not one of them.

Comment

Yes insurance companies cracking down after all the accident claims the past 2 years was going to happen along with higher premiums.

I think the back fence would almost be more dangerous, but would depend how it was put up.

Comment

The Oakshade race is not a rumor after all. In the 12/11 Area Auto Racing News, Todd Ridgeway's article quotes Aaron Fry on new additions tho the BOSS schedule. Gas City and Oakshade are done deals. Moler and Richmond (KY) races are in the discussion stage.

Comment

As long as it doesn’t go on a night Fremont is racing, the 2+ will probably be there. I think it will be a great non wing track.
                        Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          As long as it doesn’t go on a night Fremont is racing, the 2+ will probably be there. I think it will be a great non wing track.
                          Its on a night Fremont is racing if my sources are true

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                            The Oakshade race is not a rumor after all. In the 12/11 Area Auto Racing News, Todd Ridgeway's article quotes Aaron Fry on new additions tho the BOSS schedule. Gas City and Oakshade are done deals. Moler and Richmond (KY) races are in the discussion stage.
                            Are they raising the purse / to win prize money for the non-wings? Seems like a lot of traveling for not much money ... wasn't they racing for 1,500 to win and 250 to start most nights?
                            2019 Race Counter: 20
                            Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
                            DirtVision: 23.
                            Speedshift: 20.
                            Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

You obviously don't know how under paid non wing is compared to winged or least used to be. Can recall when guys were leaving USAC cause no money to be made

Comment

Working...
                              X