BOSS at Oakshade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    You obviously don't know how under paid non wing is compared to winged or least used to be. Can recall when guys were leaving USAC cause no money to be made
    That’s certainly still the case. Ask Tanner Thorson, spencer bayston, Brady Bacon... list goes on but you get the point I suppose. Unless you’re a top 5 driver in USAC you don’t make much it seems.
    2019 Race Counter: 22
    Attica (8), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

You obviously don't know how under paid non wing is compared to winged or least used to be. Can recall when guys were leaving USAC cause no money to be made
      Actually I do and that is why the question was asked.

Seems like they are trying to turn it into a mini-traveling series in some aspects with these rumors while still paying peanuts while slapping on a wing and drivers/teams could stay local and race for more money.
      2019 Race Counter: 20
      Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
      DirtVision: 23.
      Speedshift: 20.
      Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Seems like they are trying to turn it into a mini-traveling series in some aspects with these rumors while still paying peanuts while slapping on a wing and drivers/teams could stay local and race for more money.
        BOSS is a traveling series. They plan on about 20 events in 2019. Unless admission price is raised for the comming season, $12 is what it will cost to see non-wing sprint cars at Oakshade. The race will probably be on the same weekend as one of the big latemodel events at Eldora. If its not, expect to see UMP latemodels and probably 3 other non-open wheel divisions on the card with BOSS.

Comment

I read somewhere BOSS was going to have a tire rule, not sure if that is true.
          A tire rule would make this series more expensive for the drivers. The majority of cars always seemed to be lower budget using up tires no longer required by series and made it more affordable.
          I would hope for a purse increase to travel and help with tire rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Actually I do and that is why the question was asked.

BOSS has always been a traveling series.

"Slapping on a wing?" Let's be careful not to lump BOSS and FAST into a single series just because they're run by the same people now. Even 2018's BOSS winged events weren't part of the wingless series schedule, they were separate events.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
              I read somewhere BOSS was going to have a tire rule, not sure if that is true.
              A tire rule would make this series more expensive for the drivers. The majority of cars always seemed to be lower budget using up tires no longer required by series and made it more affordable.
              I would hope for a purse increase to travel and help with tire rule.
              The article in Area Auto Racing News says BOSS is considering a four corner open Hoosier tire rule. Aaron Fry said it would help BOSS acquire a title sponsor. He also said a tire deal would almost double the series point fund.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

That’s certainly still the case. Ask Tanner Thorson, spencer bayston, Brady Bacon... list goes on but you get the point I suppose. Unless you’re a top 5 driver in USAC you don’t make much it seems.
                seems they would make as much as any other winged groups, excepting the WoO, as their raceday pay is equal to ASCoC and any of the other winged groups racing, and their expenses are quite a bit less than WoO. If USAC's pay is low, I'd hate to hear what you call the BOSS payout! Thorson and Bayston were midget drivers, does not compare to sprints, Bacon, in running his own team and chooses NW, as it works better for him financially.

Comment

Slapping on a wing is slapping on $1k. Non wing does it take the motor a winged sprint does and easier on motors as well. Granted this been some time ago but can recall seeing non wing reg. night gas city to win was $800. Back then thinking Attica was paying $1500 or $1700 to win

Comment

Slapping on a wing is slapping on $1k. Non wing does it take the motor a winged sprint does and easier on motors as well. Granted this been some time ago but can recall seeing non wing reg. night gas city to win was $800. Back then thinking Attica was paying $1500 or $1700 to win
                    Yup. That's accurate. If you wanted to see non-wingers, Gas City was the place to be on a Friday nite when USAC was idle. You never knew who would be there. Always a fast heavy racing surface.

Comment

It surely seems a lot of the NW cars don't want to race for more money. I've seen on more than once when there is a NW race paying more money they will have less cars than another NW race on the same night paying less.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake B. View Post

BOSS has always been a traveling series.

"Slapping on a wing?" Let's be careful not to lump BOSS and FAST into a single series just because they're run by the same people now. Even 2018's BOSS winged events weren't part of the wingless series schedule, they were separate events.
                        What I mean is if local guys in NW Ohio want to go non-wing racing that is fine and dandy if the purse is good, but if it isn't you might as well race Attica/Fremont for 3,000 to win and a pretty good start money for the feature compared to the old Boss non wing payouts.
                        2019 Race Counter: 20
                        Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
                        DirtVision: 23.
                        Speedshift: 20.
                        Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Richmond race said to be June 22nd according to someone on another message board. Said he's looking forward to seeing them return....

Comment

As far as admission Montpelier charges 20 bucks for a Boss show & it might have been 15 bucks at Fremont but they were paying 5 grand to win for a show or 2 up there. I do believe anywhere else Boss ran that I went to was 12 bucks. Hell the Gloss show at Montpelier was pricy back then for who it was but learning & seeing why they called May the Maniac was very entertaining & worth it.

Comment

Boss at the field was $15 for the Dick Spencer race and $ 18 for the Hewitt classic.

Comment

There is no way that place is safe for a sprint car race as a fan or driver. The catch fence is held together with chicken wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X