X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake B.
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Actually I do and that is why the question was asked.

Seems like they are trying to turn it into a mini-traveling series in some aspects with these rumors while still paying peanuts while slapping on a wing and drivers/teams could stay local and race for more money.
    BOSS has always been a traveling series.

"Slapping on a wing?" Let's be careful not to lump BOSS and FAST into a single series just because they're run by the same people now. Even 2018's BOSS winged events weren't part of the wingless series schedule, they were separate events.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    I read somewhere BOSS was going to have a tire rule, not sure if that is true.
    A tire rule would make this series more expensive for the drivers. The majority of cars always seemed to be lower budget using up tires no longer required by series and made it more affordable.
    I would hope for a purse increase to travel and help with tire rule.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Seems like they are trying to turn it into a mini-traveling series in some aspects with these rumors while still paying peanuts while slapping on a wing and drivers/teams could stay local and race for more money.
    BOSS is a traveling series. They plan on about 20 events in 2019. Unless admission price is raised for the comming season, $12 is what it will cost to see non-wing sprint cars at Oakshade. The race will probably be on the same weekend as one of the big latemodel events at Eldora. If its not, expect to see UMP latemodels and probably 3 other non-open wheel divisions on the card with BOSS.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    You obviously don't know how under paid non wing is compared to winged or least used to be. Can recall when guys were leaving USAC cause no money to be made
    Actually I do and that is why the question was asked.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    You obviously don't know how under paid non wing is compared to winged or least used to be. Can recall when guys were leaving USAC cause no money to be made
    That’s certainly still the case. Ask Tanner Thorson, spencer bayston, Brady Bacon... list goes on but you get the point I suppose. Unless you’re a top 5 driver in USAC you don’t make much it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Originally posted by racemak View Post
    The Oakshade race is not a rumor after all. In the 12/11 Area Auto Racing News, Todd Ridgeway's article quotes Aaron Fry on new additions tho the BOSS schedule. Gas City and Oakshade are done deals. Moler and Richmond (KY) races are in the discussion stage.
    Are they raising the purse / to win prize money for the non-wings? Seems like a lot of traveling for not much money ... wasn't they racing for 1,500 to win and 250 to start most nights?

Leave a comment:

• Duane
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    As long as it doesn’t go on a night Fremont is racing, the 2+ will probably be there. I think it will be a great non wing track.
    Its on a night Fremont is racing if my sources are true

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    As long as it doesn’t go on a night Fremont is racing, the 2+ will probably be there. I think it will be a great non wing track.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    The Oakshade race is not a rumor after all. In the 12/11 Area Auto Racing News, Todd Ridgeway's article quotes Aaron Fry on new additions tho the BOSS schedule. Gas City and Oakshade are done deals. Moler and Richmond (KY) races are in the discussion stage.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Yes insurance companies cracking down after all the accident claims the past 2 years was going to happen along with higher premiums.

I think the back fence would almost be more dangerous, but would depend how it was put up.

Leave a comment:

• hoopscoach
    replied
    Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
    It’s been at least 8-10 years since I was last there, but back then the catch fencing was not adaquare for a Sprint Car event ( just my opinion, not a scientific fact ). I hope the BOSS management drives over there to inspect the posts, fencing, cables, etc, on both the front stretch and along the areas of the Pits. I think it’s great that they might host an event, providing it’s safe.
    I’d be willing to bet that they haven’t upgraded anything since you were last there. If they have this century, I would be surprised. I’m pretty sure it is still the same chicken wire that they had when I visited. There are some good things about that track, but safety is absolutely not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied
    It’s been at least 8-10 years since I was last there, but back then the catch fencing was not adaquare for a Sprint Car event ( just my opinion, not a scientific fact ). I hope the BOSS management drives over there to inspect the posts, fencing, cables, etc, on both the front stretch and along the areas of the Pits. I think it’s great that they might host an event, providing it’s safe.

Leave a comment:

• RYAN5R
    replied
    I heard the insurance companies are cracking down on race tracks. They're making Wayne County put a wall up on the backstretch by 2020.

Leave a comment:

• MIRacing
    replied
    Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
    Hope they have insurance now
    One promoter of a 360 winged sprint series said that they would love to have a race there but his insurance company says they need a new catch fence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X