Jack Hewitt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Hewitt

So it's Sunday night, drinkin beer in shop kinda solo (wife here but blah blah all I hear) and thinking back....... What and for who did Hewitt drive for? Obviously #63 Hampshire ride (when I became huge fan watching both front wheels off ground down both straightaways lap after lap at Fremont) #21 which became the best dirt racing picture ever hands down and nobody could do better. Wasn't there a yellow car he ran that maybe Todd Kane run? What else was there? Fun recollect of years cars and divisions.. ...what do you remember??? FYI, last knew his dirt million Rayburn was still for sale on racingjunk or Craigslist/Lima

I remember a Murphys #23 he drove in 1991, but it was white & red. Good topic, I'd like to see a full list of cars he drove.

Comment

He drove Harold Kemenah's 3x car.

Comment

Pretty sure that he ran for The Kaiser's, The Nickle Brothers. He ran Orr's modified when he won all four crowns at eldora. Swartz Latemodels

Comment

Drove Bill Biddle's BWB Racing #16 for a few years, that was the car he was in when he won all 4 legs of the 4-Crown

Comment

He mentioned most of his rides when he was on the Open Red podcast. It was a good listen. I do not remember them all. He said he drove for a lot of people because he ran a lot different things.

Comment

McBride & Shoff 23s
              Merrill Construction 5m
              Stoops 1 (filling in for injured Steve Butler...'88 I think)
              Aristocrat Products (probably multiple numbers)

Comment

McCarl 7x

Comment

Speaking of the aristocrat car, what ever became of that ride?

Comment

His last non wing race was in Miller's #6 at WRP. I am not sure who owned the 21 he ran at Eldora last .

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                      Speaking of the aristocrat car, what ever became of that ride?
                      Long time USAC car owner Johnny Vance, owner of the Aristocrat Company and the Aristocrat race team, died a year or two ago. He was from Dayton, Ohio, and his business could be seen while traversing I-75 in Dayton.

Comment

Still there today, at least business. Been driving by it for month now and been meaning to ask. That car was a staple as was the red stoops car.

Comment

I was remembering the photo shoot maybe for a calendar where they had Jacks car in the river.

Comment

Working...
                          X