2019 USAC Schedules are released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 USAC Schedules are released

USAC's schedules have been released for the big 3 national series. As always not too many Ohio dates outside of Eldora for the #Letsracetwo weekend for the sprints then of course 4 Crown for all 3 divisions. Silver Crown has a date at Toledo in April on the pavement. Was able to watch some of the highlights of the races on youtube and it seems the driver lineup that USAC has really gotten younger and better throughout the years. Tyler Courtney, Justin Grant, Chris Windom, Chad Boesphlupf, KTJ, CJ Leary, Chase Stockton, Dave Darland, possibly a Brady Bacon return as well.

Going to try to go to the shows at Lawrenceburg for the sprints and midgets if possible this year, as well as hoping to make it to Kokomo during one of their speedweek shows. Montpelier also a possibility during midget week. My buddy did all of midget week last year and said it was one of the best week's of racing and is hoping to do sprint speedweek this year as well.

https://www.usacracing.com/schedule-...lts/sprint-car
    https://www.usacracing.com/schedule-...al-midget-dirt
    https://www.usacracing.com/schedule-...s-silver-crown

I like Lawrenceburg and their facilities are great, but I would go to Gas City or Montpelier all day for the quality of racing and car count. The ‘Burg struggles to get more than 25 Sprints even on USAC dates.
    2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

I'm glad pavement and Toledo Speedway are still part of the Silver Crown schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        I like Lawrenceburg and their facilities are great, but I would go to Gas City or Montpelier all day for the quality of racing and car count. The ‘Burg struggles to get more than 25 Sprints even on USAC dates.
        Not able to make gas city work with my schedule this but hopefully next year. Montipelier I will most likely go to the midget date. I have noticed about the amount of cars for the burg but the racing seems to always be good. Especially come end March I'll be itching to go to a Sprint car race

Comment

USAC qualifying (sprints or midgets) at Lawrenceburg is always hair raising. Its highly entertaining to watch them push it to the edge.

Comment

I wish USAC and WoO didn't treat Eldora like it was the only track in Ohio. Granted the WoO race at Attica but its a weeknight. Attica deserves weekend shows for both series. A USAC sprint/midget double header AtticaRacewayPark on a Saturday night would be incredible.

Comment

They did non wing years ago and the ever fickle ARP fans didn't attend it well. If it ain't got a wing on it they do support it

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                They did non wing years ago and the ever fickle ARP fans didn't attend it well. If it ain't got a wing on it they do support it
                Can't argue with that. Attica used to have USAC sprints and midgets. The fans never supported it. The Attica fans are not fickle. They're predictable. If the 410's aren't there half of the fans stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
                  I wish USAC and WoO didn't treat Eldora like it was the only track in Ohio. Granted the WoO race at Attica but its a weeknight. Attica deserves weekend shows for both series. A USAC sprint/midget double header AtticaRacewayPark on a Saturday night would be incredible.
                  I'm not sure it's the sanctioning bodies that feel that as I have said in previous posts. The past handful of years that I can remember the WoO & USAC schedules have been more or less copy&paste from previous years adding some tracks here and there. I would say the best bet for tracks around Ohio to get a date would be to have a week day race, or schedule something for October. Not sure if previous tracks get to have a say in keeping their date but if that's the case I wouldn't expect Eldora to give up dates for the sake of other tracks. Outlaws/USAC at Eldora = money for both.

With that said, not sure when the last time USAC did a race at Attica but I think today it might be better than in the past. The Eastern Storm leg of the schedule has grown and with the talent they have more people may come out today than in the past. Waynesfield seems it would be a good fit but not sure about how much seating and sanctioning fees are to warrant a profitable show

Comment

Limaland last local track I recall running anything USAC except Eldora. I stand by the fickle, think their closed minded and it's shame. There's lots of good racing out there they'll never see

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                      How long ago are you talking? While I used to completely ignore USAC, and wingless racing in general, I've begun to enjoy it more in recent years. I feel like midget racing has evolved and popularity has grown a ton as well.

Saturday, May 25th I believe the USAC schedules are open... ASCoC is @ Attica on the 24th. That would make for an awesome weekend.

Comment

You'd have to look at website but wanna say 2000ish maybe mid 90s

Comment

http://atticaracewaypark.com/track-i...event-history/ looks like 89 was first year. Also cra once which remember that. Was good race.
                          USAC Sprints History
                          Year Winner
                          1989 Ricky Hood
                          1990 Jac Haudenschild
                          1997 Frankie Kerr
                          1998 Kevin Thomas
                          1999 Bill Rose
                          2000 Jay Drake
                          2001 J.J. Yeley
                          2002 Rob Chaney
                          2003 J.J. Yeley
                          2004 Bud Kaeding
                          CRA Sprints History
                          Year Winner
                          1991 Frankie Kerr

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

How long ago are you talking? While I used to completely ignore USAC, and wingless racing in general, I've begun to enjoy it more in recent years. I feel like midget racing has evolved and popularity has grown a ton as well.

Saturday, May 25th I believe the USAC schedules are open... ASCoC is @ Attica on the 24th. That would make for an awesome weekend.
                            I agree with this. For a while if I didn't have a wing on it I did not want to watch it. One Saturday when I didn't have anything going on I saw USAC was Eldora in July so I decided to go. It was when they had a 50 lap race I think for their anniversary and it was one heck or a race. Since then I have gone to the 4crown almost each year, and always circle the Letsracetwo weekend. I think throughout the years the narrative has changed around here when it comes to wingless. I still believe that the preference is Winged but I think people wouldn't purposely avoid wingless as what they probably did in the past.

Comment

Working...
                            X