Fast Schedule to be announced Jan 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Schedule to be announced Jan 1

Saw on Facebook that FAST posted they will announce their schedule Jan 1. States it currently has 17 races at 10 tracks with $3k to win/$300 to start + tow, heat, bonus $$$. Point fund growing.

The big surprise. No races at Attica. Post is below

Schedule unveils Jan 1. So far 17 races at 10 tracks. 3K to win/300 to start + tow, heat & bonus $$$. Point fund growing. The sad news - declined by Attica who chose to focus on their program.

The original Attica/Fremont series is coming back so I doubt they'd get any followers from those teams anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
      The original Attica/Fremont series is coming back so I doubt they'd get any followers from those teams anyway.
      Once FAST expanded I never understood why Attica kept going with it because it was basically promoting another series with no real benefit for Attica. It was still Attica's money, it was still Attica's purse, and mostly Attica's teams/drivers, etc... The only thing it did was benefit the drivers/teams which I am sure is one reason why Attica kept bringing them in.

If it wasn't for Attica the FAST series wouldn't have been running for $3,000 to win which is the same purse for a normal regular show at Attica.

Comment

Taking a wild stab at the 10 tracks;

1. Atomic (already released schedule)
        2. Fremont
        3. Mansfield
        4. Sharon
        5. Gas City
        6. Montpelier
        7. Kokomo
        8. Route 44
        9. Waynesfield

I can see 10 being Wayne County, maybe Mercer and I always hold out hope for more winged shows at Lawrenceburg.
        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
          Not sure what you mean by the original series is coming back.

Another deal to keep the cars at Attica and Fremont so they wont travel?

Comment

Sunday, May 26 - FAST will be at I-96 in Michigan along with GLSS 360's - https://www.i96speedway.com/schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post

Bringing back the original idea that helped the locals there and the tracks. Smart on their part not everyone wants to get off the porch.

Comment

Yes and i hear the new guy from FAST is charging a sanctioning fee. Why would Attica or Fremont pay a sanctioning fee to have the same cars show up?

Comment

DirtRacer42 ....Although I enjoy reading most of your comments I respectfully disagree with the bottom statement. Most of the FAST series up till now sponsorship wise were from the Fremont area and without them Fast wouldn't of had a series to begin with. Obviously, John,Rex and Rich worked hard on FAST but the sponsor list from last year kinda speaks for itself. I'm sure Fremont and Attica are pounding out a replacement as I type, hopefully it gets the support the old FAST received. New FAST new direction from looking at the schedule on FB. Its gonna be a great year!!!!

Comment

bingo .....
                    ryan5r, by the way what are your son's plan for 2019?

Comment

new series is a FACT

Comment

Originally posted by staggerman View Post
                        Sunday, May 26 - FAST will be at I-96 in Michigan along with GLSS 360's - https://www.i96speedway.com/schedule/
                        Thanks. Did not see that previously. Wonder if they'll do a double shot that weekend with I-96 being a Sunday show.
                        TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by Indy1 View Post
                          bingo .....
                          ryan5r, by the way what are your son's plan for 2019?
                          #9 car at attica every week Saturdays are up in the air still.

Comment

My thought is too many sprint series now.
                            You got BOSS NW
                            BOSS Wing
                            FAST
                            Vicki Emig RUSH sprints
                            OVSCS
                            Unnamed Attica and Fremont series
                            Western PA sprints
                            I feel for tracks trying to run regular sprints up against this.

Comment

My thought is too many sprint series now.
                              You got BOSS NW
                              BOSS Wing
                              FAST
                              Vicki Emig RUSH sprints
                              OVSCS
                              Unnamed Attica and Fremont series
                              Western PA sprints
                              I feel for tracks trying to run regular sprints up against this.
                              Agree, the only comment is FAST is replacing BOSS Wing (same owner). I am just curious who will follow the FAST series full time. My question is how long with the All Stars allow these OH tracks to book these other series that are trying to pull away from their product. All Stars won't be happy if a promoter finds he can make more money on a cheaper FAST or OVSCS then paying for the high priced All Stars. Going to be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X