Fast Schedule to be announced Jan 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by staggerman View Post

Agree, the only comment is FAST is replacing BOSS Wing (same owner). I am just curious who will follow the FAST series full time. My question is how long with the All Stars allow these OH tracks to book these other series that are trying to pull away from their product. All Stars won't be happy if a promoter finds he can make more money on a cheaper FAST or OVSCS then paying for the high priced All Stars. Going to be interesting.
    Agree with too many sanctioning bodies/series. I have a feeling that some of this will settle itself out as some of these smaller series may find themselves on the losing end with as many of them exist. Fremont & Attica have had some sort of series for years and so has the OVSCA and the All Stars have been able to maintain the way it has. The only real unknown is how well this whole BOSS/FAST thing goes and if the guy is going to have both a NW series and a wing series. It would all depend on the sanctioning fees and the crowds that come at some of these small series shows. All Stars have proven they can bring the crowds (here in Ohio at least) and I would expect the Promoters are making money since the continue to schedule them.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

Yes and i hear the new guy from FAST is charging a sanctioning fee. Why would Attica or Fremont pay a sanctioning fee to have the same cars show up?
      Yeah, that is kind of funny especially that FAST was built off of Attica and Fremont!

Why would teams/drivers want to travel the FAST series when they can run local with little to no traveling at Fremont and Attica for the same purse, the same to win, and the same start money? I guess I just don't understand all these little series trying to be a mini-all-star series with no real benefits to the teams/drivers besides more money being spent traveling.

Comment

IMO the big benefit to all these little series is you get to see Sprints at tracks you likely wouldn’t otherwise. The tracks who don’t run sprints like Montpelier or 35 Raceway need that name to bring in cars. Otherwise, drivers wouldn’t trust that the program would be ran smoothly I imagine.
        2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Just because it's a series that runs the show doesn't mean it'll run smooth. Don't you remember the FAST show at mansfield? Biggest cluster I've ever been to.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            IMO the big benefit to all these little series is you get to see Sprints at tracks you likely wouldn’t otherwise. The tracks who don’t run sprints like Montpelier or 35 Raceway need that name to bring in cars. Otherwise, drivers wouldn’t trust that the program would be ran smoothly I imagine.
            It’s a good thing to have a small sanctioning body whose sole purpose is to bring Sprint Car racing to venues / areas that do not normally have this type of racing. It could lead to greater things down the road. On the other hand, if these small sanctioning bodies are going to run in geographical areas and tracks where there is already a 410 winged presence, then it is just a waste of time and I don’t see where the drawing power is to put people in the seats. Just my opinion, but I do believe there are currently too many sanctioning bodies at a time when there is a gradual decline in car counts. I do hope that these fringe sanctioning bodies strongly emphasize tracks that do not have any form of Sprint Car Racing on a regular basis.

Comment

Would be nice to see these series try to secure dates at places like Muskingum, Moler, Lawrenceburg ( once a prominent All Star track ),any and all Michigan tracks, plus Gas City, Bloomington, etc, etc,. Of course, they would need some new teams to form up, otherwise it’s the old “ Rob Peter to pay Paul “ dilemma in terms of race car support.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Yeah, that is kind of funny especially that FAST was built off of Attica and Fremont!

Why would teams/drivers want to travel the FAST series when they can run local with little to no traveling at Fremont and Attica for the same purse, the same to win, and the same start money? I guess I just don't understand all these little series trying to be a mini-all-star series with no real benefits to the teams/drivers besides more money being spent traveling.
                2 reasons: drivers and teams get better by running different tracks and competition. Also not everywhere pays what Attica and Fremont pay. Wasn't too long ago Wayne county, skyline and others we're only paying 1500 to win. So yea their doubling that in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post

2 reasons: drivers and teams get better by running different tracks and competition. Also not everywhere pays what Attica and Fremont pay. Wasn't too long ago Wayne county, skyline and others we're only paying 1500 to win. So yea their doubling that in those areas.
                  Talking local racing at places like Fremont/Attica where the FAST series was created. They both pay 3,000 to win and the same start money so don't really care about what others are paying or not at this point. Why would teams that venture to Attica/Fremont on a normal basis that was part of FAST in the past continue with FAST if they have to drive for 2-4 hours compared to 30 minutes to a hour? Now if the new series only runs when Attica/Fremont aren't running that is one way around it, but if I was those two tracks I don't think I would allow another series to try and take my locals.

Again though the original formula of the FAST series was to support Attica/Fremont and also try and grow the support locally. Now the new FAST is/was trying to steal the locals from those tracks to venture out a little more. If it wasn't for the locals of those two tracks this new series wouldn't have been formed or kept going.

Yes, you say get better, but at what cost? Spending more money traveling, lodging, etc... for the same purse, for the same start money, for the same to win money? Doesn't really make much sense just to get a little bit better. That is how teams go out of business a lot of times because they are spending more money then they are making or bringing in from sponsorship.

Will be interesting with Fremont/Attica with this new deal.

If I was those two tracks they need to run every single week and don't take time off for other local series or races. They know when the schedule comes out and I would be adding dates against those FAST events to make teams choose. We saw what weather did to those two tracks last season along with many others. To me, this new FAST series is trying to steal the local drivers/teams and if I was Attica/Fremont I wouldn't be so eager to hand them over and force teams/drivers to make a decision. I would add dates against those races and see how many teams/drivers drive past Attica/Fremont for several hours for the same amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Talking local racing at places like Fremont/Attica where the FAST series was created. They both pay 3,000 to win and the same start money so don't really care about what others are paying or not at this point. Why would teams that venture to Attica/Fremont on a normal basis that was part of FAST in the past continue with FAST if they have to drive for 2-4 hours compared to 30 minutes to a hour? Now if the new series only runs when Attica/Fremont aren't running that is one way around it, but if I was those two tracks I don't think I would allow another series to try and take my locals.

Again though the original formula of the FAST series was to support Attica/Fremont and also try and grow the support locally. Now the new FAST is/was trying to steal the locals from those tracks to venture out a little more. If it wasn't for the locals of those two tracks this new series wouldn't have been formed or kept going.

Yes, you say get better, but at what cost? Spending more money traveling, lodging, etc... for the same purse, for the same start money, for the same to win money? Doesn't really make much sense just to get a little bit better. That is how teams go out of business a lot of times because they are spending more money then they are making or bringing in from sponsorship.

Will be interesting with Fremont/Attica with this new deal.

If I was those two tracks they need to run every single week and don't take time off for other local series or races. They know when the schedule comes out and I would be adding dates against those FAST events to make teams choose. We saw what weather did to those two tracks last season along with many others. To me, this new FAST series is trying to steal the local drivers/teams and if I was Attica/Fremont I wouldn't be so eager to hand them over and force teams/drivers to make a decision. I would add dates against those races and see how many teams/drivers drive past Attica/Fremont for several hours for the same amount of money.
                    Conspiracy theory at its finest...

Comment

The OVSCA does not have any sanction fee"s. I think we are the only series that has a FREE banquet and also gives away a Racecar to someone in top ten in points. WE had a 12,000.00 dollar point fund this year. We want tracks to make money so we will have the pleasure of returning.We are trying to keep sprintcars alive in southern and southeast Ohio.

Comment

They’re using the brand to draw drivers but I don’t think there is any intent to steal the drivers. That being said I don’t think any FAST members from last year will follow them this year because it’s a different series with the same name. The AFCS is probably what the old FAST guys will run and then a different group of more “outlaw” type drivers will follow the new FAST.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          They’re using the brand to draw drivers but I don’t think there is any intent to steal the drivers. That being said I don’t think any FAST members from last year will follow them this year because it’s a different series with the same name. The AFCS is probably what the old FAST guys will run and then a different group of more “outlaw” type drivers will follow the new FAST.
                          That sounds logical.

Aaron Fry might have been better off changing the series name to avoid the confusion. Anyone not hardcore-NW Ohio still thought the "FA" stood for "Fremont/Attica," even though Farmer tried to tell people that FAST wasn't an acronym any longer. It will take a while for the rest of the region to understand the difference that Fry is now bringing in.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

#9 car at attica every week Saturdays are up in the air still.
                            I hope you guys pick Fremont, but I understand the need to defend your WCS championship. Good luck in 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

Agree with too many sanctioning bodies/series. I have a feeling that some of this will settle itself out as some of these smaller series may find themselves on the losing end with as many of them exist. Fremont & Attica have had some sort of series for years and so has the OVSCA and the All Stars have been able to maintain the way it has. The only real unknown is how well this whole BOSS/FAST thing goes and if the guy is going to have both a NW series and a wing series. It would all depend on the sanctioning fees and the crowds that come at some of these small series shows. All Stars have proven they can bring the crowds (here in Ohio at least) and I would expect the Promoters are making money since the continue to schedule them.
                              I followed the All Stars (complete schedules) from 2015-17. Stands were packed everywhere at every track. They do a great job at getting the show run efficiently and smoothly. The fans love that.
                              2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

FAST/BOSS released their schedules as the clock struck midnight. My quick opinion on the schedules that have been announced. April 28th at Kokomo and October 5th at Atomic are the only combo shows featuring both series that I saw.

FAST - I like the majority of the schedule. Basing a team from Columbus Ohio the travel wouldn't exceed more than 3 hours on a given night. I'm interested to see what teams and drivers will entertain running the series. I could see some of the Ohio "outlaw" drivers running the FAST series. Also is great for Indiana winged drivers as they can get some racing in with minimal travel. My only real disappointment with it is that Gas city/Montpelier is the same weekend as the Dirt Classic Ohio at Attica. Would love to see a winged race at Gas City but when I'm 40 minutes away from my favorite track who is also hosting a larger event I'm going there. Disappointed to see that Limaland is not on the schedule as well. Track is so good to be wasted like it is. That track could be so so good if they actually would do something with it.

BOSS - This one I'm a little more conflicted on. The usual Atomic dates to kick off the year and near the end of the year are present again. Fremont hosts two shows in the spring. My personal favorite i the appearance at Oakshade. I've wanted to go there but couldn't make myself go there over Fremont when I've heard time and time again that it's very huggy around the bottom. However, that's it. That is all the Ohio races for the "Ohio" based non wing series. While it's neat that they'll be competing at Kokomo and Twin Cities and such this series has clearly shifted away from being a non wing series in Ohio. With Waynesfield seeming to have an iffy future and BOSS moving away from running as many shows in Ohio I'm very concerned for the future of Non Wing sprints in Ohio.

2019 Tentative Fast on Dirt Schedule
                                - Sat. April 6 - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
                                -Sat. April 20 - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN
                                -Sun. April 28 - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
                                -Sat. May 11 - Sharon Speedway ; Hartford, OH
                                -Sat. May 25 - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
                                -Sun. May 26 - I-96 Speedway ; Lake Odessa, MI
                                -Sat. June 8 - TBA
                                -Wed. July 3 - TBA
                                -Sat. July 6 - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
                                -Sat. July 13 - TBA
                                -Sat. August 3 - Wayne County Speedway ; Orville, OH
                                -Sat. August 10 - TBA
                                -Sat. August 17 - Sharon Speedway ; Hartford, OH
                                -Fri. August 30 - Gas City Speedway ; Gas City, IN
                                -Sat. August 31 - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
                                -Fri. September 20th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
                                -Sat. September 21st - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
                                -Sun. September 29th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
                                -Sat. October 5th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
                                -Sat. October 12th - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN

2019 Tentative Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series Schedule
                                -Sat. April 13th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
                                -Sat. April 27th - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
                                -Sun. April 28th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
                                -Sat. May 4th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
                                -Sat. May 18th - Lawrenceburg Speedway ; Lawrenceburg, IN
                                -Sat. June 1st - Oakshade Raceway ; Wauseon, OH
                                -Sat. June 7th - TBA
                                -Sat. June 15th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
                                -Fri. June 21st - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN
                                -Sat. June 22nd - Richmond Raceway ; Richmond, KY
                                -Fri. June 28th - Lernerville Speedway ; Sarver, PA
                                -Sat. June 29th - Mercer Raceway Park ; Mercer, PA
                                -Sat. July 27th - Pittsburgh PA Motor Speedway ; Imperial PA
                                -Fri. August 9th - Gas City Speedway ; Gas City, IN
                                -Sat. August 10th - TBA
                                -Sat. August 24th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
                                -Sat. September 7th - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
                                -Sat. October 5th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH

Comment

Working...
                                X