Fast Schedule to be announced Jan 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    FAST/BOSS released their schedules as the clock struck midnight. My quick opinion on the schedules that have been announced. April 28th at Kokomo and October 5th at Atomic are the only combo shows featuring both series that I saw.

FAST - I like the majority of the schedule. Basing a team from Columbus Ohio the travel wouldn't exceed more than 3 hours on a given night. I'm interested to see what teams and drivers will entertain running the series. I could see some of the Ohio "outlaw" drivers running the FAST series. Also is great for Indiana winged drivers as they can get some racing in with minimal travel. My only real disappointment with it is that Gas city/Montpelier is the same weekend as the Dirt Classic Ohio at Attica. Would love to see a winged race at Gas City but when I'm 40 minutes away from my favorite track who is also hosting a larger event I'm going there. Disappointed to see that Limaland is not on the schedule as well. Track is so good to be wasted like it is. That track could be so so good if they actually would do something with it.

BOSS - This one I'm a little more conflicted on. The usual Atomic dates to kick off the year and near the end of the year are present again. Fremont hosts two shows in the spring. My personal favorite i the appearance at Oakshade. I've wanted to go there but couldn't make myself go there over Fremont when I've heard time and time again that it's very huggy around the bottom. However, that's it. That is all the Ohio races for the "Ohio" based non wing series. While it's neat that they'll be competing at Kokomo and Twin Cities and such this series has clearly shifted away from being a non wing series in Ohio. With Waynesfield seeming to have an iffy future and BOSS moving away from running as many shows in Ohio I'm very concerned for the future of Non Wing sprints in Ohio.

2019 Tentative Fast on Dirt Schedule
    - Sat. April 6 - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
    -Sat. April 20 - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN
    -Sun. April 28 - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
    -Sat. May 11 - Sharon Speedway ; Hartford, OH
    -Sat. May 25 - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
    -Sun. May 26 - I-96 Speedway ; Lake Odessa, MI
    -Sat. June 8 - TBA
    -Wed. July 3 - TBA
    -Sat. July 6 - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
    -Sat. July 13 - TBA
    -Sat. August 3 - Wayne County Speedway ; Orville, OH
    -Sat. August 10 - TBA
    -Sat. August 17 - Sharon Speedway ; Hartford, OH
    -Fri. August 30 - Gas City Speedway ; Gas City, IN
    -Sat. August 31 - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
    -Fri. September 20th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
    -Sat. September 21st - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
    -Sun. September 29th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
    -Sat. October 5th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
    -Sat. October 12th - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN

2019 Tentative Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series Schedule
    -Sat. April 13th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
    -Sat. April 27th - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
    -Sun. April 28th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
    -Sat. May 4th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
    -Sat. May 18th - Lawrenceburg Speedway ; Lawrenceburg, IN
    -Sat. June 1st - Oakshade Raceway ; Wauseon, OH
    -Sat. June 7th - TBA
    -Sat. June 15th - Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH
    -Fri. June 21st - Twin Cities Raceway Park ; North Vernon, IN
    -Sat. June 22nd - Richmond Raceway ; Richmond, KY
    -Fri. June 28th - Lernerville Speedway ; Sarver, PA
    -Sat. June 29th - Mercer Raceway Park ; Mercer, PA
    -Sat. July 27th - Pittsburgh PA Motor Speedway ; Imperial PA
    -Fri. August 9th - Gas City Speedway ; Gas City, IN
    -Sat. August 10th - TBA
    -Sat. August 24th - Kokomo Speedway ; Kokomo, IN
    -Sat. September 7th - Montpelier Motor Speedway ; Montpelier, IN
    -Sat. October 5th - Atomic Speedway ; Alma, OH
    Only other conflicts I can find other than the Attica one is May 11 and May 25. May 11 is the Letsracetwo at Eldora with Outlaws & USAC (FAST at Sharon), and May 25 is Wayne County with the All Stars (FAST at Fremont).

Those two stand out just because of guys such as a Lee Jacobs or Cole Duncan or even a Travis Philo & Cale Thomas. In the past they typically run Eldora and both Jacobs & Duncan have had success there as well as Wayne County. It would be interesting to see how the pay is through the field in each series. I mean if I can race against the outlaws and make the same finishing 20th that I can finishing 7th in the Fast race why wouldn't you. Especially if the upside is potentially a higher payday.

Wayne County will be interesting as well with the car counts. Both places will do fine, but if they didn't conflict, it would be better each time.

Finally, kinda interesting to see Fremont on the schedule when Attica took the stance to focus on their own program with Fremont. Granted different promoters but it took me by surprise a little bit to see that

Comment

I don’t understand why Oakshade would run that sprint show on June 1st instead of June 8th when Eldora has the Dream. Maybe it’s just my opinion, but I think it would make more sense to run the BOSS race on the 8th since many of the late model fans will go to Eldora anyway. BOSS at Lima on Friday, June 7th and at Oakshade on Saturday, June 8th would be a nice double header.

Comment

The last I seen there is no Limaland or The Field on the schedule but some dates are to be announced later.

Comment

The tba's events are agreed upon but no contract's are signed according to the Fast and Boss schedules.

Comment

Educated guess says that August 10th will be Mansfield. July 3 has been a Waynesfield show the past at least 2 years. No clue about the others, curious to see where they end up.
            TweetTweet - TheAMain

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoach View Post
              I don’t understand why Oakshade would run that sprint show on June 1st instead of June 8th when Eldora has the Dream. Maybe it’s just my opinion, but I think it would make more sense to run the BOSS race on the 8th since many of the late model fans will go to Eldora anyway. BOSS at Lima on Friday, June 7th and at Oakshade on Saturday, June 8th would be a nice double header.
              Most of the fans and drivers don't go to Eldora on the Saturday of either big show down there.

Comment

I plan on hitting Oakshade.

Comment

I am really skeptical of which teams will follow the whole FAST tour. I think the races at Sharon, Fremont and Wayne County will have plenty of cars but when guys got to run the single shows at Atomic, Indiana and Michigan. Guys have plenty of tracks closer to run at without the long tow. Plus still have to see the schedules for OVSCA and the new Western PA series. Can't picture the point fund or tow money being enough to entice guys to run all the shows.

Comment

Atomic usually has a strong car count for OVSCA so will be interesting to see who shows for FAST show. Now if BOSS doesnt run on dates of FAST maybe some of those drivers will run both.

BOSS drivers seem to come from that southwest corner.

Not sure about FAST at WCS as BOSS always had a poor showing there and locals did not support it. The fans did not support them like they do winged sprints so they did not have them back.

FAST did well at Sharon and Mercer so that could be strong shows.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                      Atomic usually has a strong car count for OVSCA so will be interesting to see who shows for FAST show. Now if BOSS doesnt run on dates of FAST maybe some of those drivers will run both.

BOSS drivers seem to come from that southwest corner.

Not sure about FAST at WCS as BOSS always had a poor showing there and locals did not support it. The fans did not support them like they do winged sprints so they did not have them back.

FAST did well at Sharon and Mercer so that could be strong shows.
                      Might all depend on Fremont and Attica's schedule if those other events do well or not. Will the ones that normally ran the "FAST" series continue to run it or will they stick to the normal Attica, Fremont/Wayne County and then hit FAST races when not in conflict with those tracks/dates?

That has always been my question from the start of this because FAST was supported by Attica/Fremont tracks, drivers, teams so if FAST is running the same dates as Attica/Fremont who is going to follow FAST for basically the same purse/to win/to start running locally while FAST is traveling?

Comment

the locals don't travel often as is so why would you worry about them? Their gonna stay home like normal and race for decent money and their series track sanction pts money. Fast is not meant to compete any longer between only 2 tracks. I'm guessing he's hoping to get a couple cars from local a few from southern Ohio couple from eastern Ohio and maybe couple from central/western Ohio and he'll have decent little starter series to build off. Can't believe the negative misunderstood etc posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                          the locals don't travel often as is so why would you worry about them? Their gonna stay home like normal and race for decent money and their series track sanction pts money. Fast is not meant to compete any longer between only 2 tracks. I'm guessing he's hoping to get a couple cars from local a few from southern Ohio couple from eastern Ohio and maybe couple from central/western Ohio and he'll have decent little starter series to build off. Can't believe the negative misunderstood etc posts.
                          That concept sounds good if he can find those teams/drivers, but the payout doesn't especially if your following that series and going right past Attica/Fremont on a Friday/Saturday night to Indiana, Michigan, or southern Ohio to race and spending another 2-4 hours on the road for the same exact payout as those tracks have on a normal night. That is what I am not getting and thought FAST might try and go to 4,000 to win and say 400-500 to start to try and entice drivers/teams to follow the series. I just can't see a lot of team spending more money to possibly get less?

Wish them well though!

Comment

Things I can see.
                            FAST might attract the drivers that dont have a chance at Attica and Fremont wins or top 5s. This would give them the chance to win and go for a top 5 in points.

WCS cars travel more than Attica and Fremont cars. So when no sprints, they may go to FAST races.

Sponsors of cars want you to race at certain tracks and this will come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

Only other conflicts I can find other than the Attica one is May 11 and May 25. May 11 is the Letsracetwo at Eldora with Outlaws & USAC (FAST at Sharon), and May 25 is Wayne County with the All Stars (FAST at Fremont).

Those two stand out just because of guys such as a Lee Jacobs or Cole Duncan or even a Travis Philo & Cale Thomas. In the past they typically run Eldora and both Jacobs & Duncan have had success there as well as Wayne County. It would be interesting to see how the pay is through the field in each series. I mean if I can race against the outlaws and make the same finishing 20th that I can finishing 7th in the Fast race why wouldn't you. Especially if the upside is potentially a higher payday.

Wayne County will be interesting as well with the car counts. Both places will do fine, but if they didn't conflict, it would be better each time.

Finally, kinda interesting to see Fremont on the schedule when Attica took the stance to focus on their own program with Fremont. Granted different promoters but it took me by surprise a little bit to see that
                              I'm sure Attica not participating with FAST has to do with Tony and the All-Stars. I'm assuming Tony put his foot down asking Attica not to support a series competing against ASCoC. Since Fremont is already being outed by ASCoC they have no problem hosting the new AFCS and FAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I'm sure Attica not participating with FAST has to do with Tony and the All-Stars. I'm assuming Tony put his foot down asking Attica not to support a series competing against ASCoC. Since Fremont is already being outed by ASCoC they have no problem hosting the new AFCS and FAST.
                                I don't think it has anything to do with the Allstars. Attica will get most of last years FAST followers every night anyway so why would they now pay a sanction fee for them

Comment

Working...
                                X