Sprints Only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprints Only

Made y'all look...... OK since here and reading I think Fremont honestly screwed up handling of the what started as crate lates then morfed to limited latest especially in their handling of title and promotion these last 2 years. If advertised correctly this division could and probably would have grown but it wasn't. 1 track can't fix and save everything but they tried to get slice of pie and build something. Normal weekend fan has no clue what under hood and specific rules. I think something was building this year in right direction but cord cut (yea I know I'm homer for late models). This if done right could have evolved to great lower division needed without all the crate bs rules blah blah and given fans good races, full field, little bs, and great night racing experience

Crate lates didn't survive at Wayne County either. They only lasted for 2 seasons, if my memory is correct. Raceway 7 has had success with Crates as its headline divison for several years. Maybe not having sprint cars is why.

Comment

Also doesnt Raceway 7 run RUSH crates.

RUSH rules hurt WCS cause they complained about fuel and other RUSH stuff.

Comment

Oakshade has similar classes same day nearby which really hurt them.
        2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Lol, Oakshade didn't hurt anything. Them folks up that way don't travel. To be honest they were stupid. Fremont paid wayyyyy better then their sportsman class.
          rush to my best understanding is a joke and all of western PA has switched to that so yes it's gonna take off. When sanction dictate fuel, motor, shock, tire, etc then someone's pocket getting lined and it ain't the racer! Racing needs "cheaper" divisions to keep it going is my biggest thought

Comment

The Attica/Fremont 410 and 305 teams don't travel. Oakshade teams don't travel. Maybe traveling doesn't make economic sense for them. I agree, less inexpensive divisions are needed. Something should be on the track while half the fans head to the exits at ARP and Fremont. I think I have a new topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
              Racing needs "cheaper" divisions to keep it going is my biggest thought
              Some would say they have way to many divisions now and why you see a lot of divisions with low car counts across the board. You only have so many people that are into racing, can afford to get into racing, or simply be part of this sport. I believe one problem that Fremont had with the 602 late models/limited lates whatever you want to call them is they was similar to the dirt trucks, changing rules to much, and not many other places to run them unless your traveling further away so tough to sell a product when your teams are only racing once a week for peanuts.

Also in Ohio you have a lot of different choices of racing so you have a lot of forms of racing, divisions, etc... If you want "cheaper" divisions they are out there you just need to look or possibly drive a little further.

Not every single track needs to be a headline track or have a major divisions. Some fans simply like the action, wrecks, and just getting out of the house so they don't mind demolition derby type car/action going around the track.

Originally posted by racemak View Post
              The Attica/Fremont 410 and 305 teams don't travel. Oakshade teams don't travel. Maybe traveling doesn't make economic sense for them. I agree, less inexpensive divisions are needed. Something should be on the track while half the fans head to the exits at ARP and Fremont. I think I have a new topic.
              Some travel and some don't, but is there a reason for them to go elsewhere especially if they are making more money staying at home than venturing out elsewhere? Fremont and Attica has the two best weekly payouts for 410 sprint car racing so not sure why those cars would want to venture out elsewhere.

Less inexpensive divisions added to what a place already has such as Attica might actually keep some fans at home or not show up as often. Not all fans want to sit through demolition derby type cars going around in circles. Not all fans want to sit through 4-5 divisions a night or simply want to get home in a timely fashion. I know I don't venture to Fremont as much because of the limited lates and dirt trucks simply because I don't like those divisions as much. One reason why I don't venture to Atomic to much in the past besides long drive is because when they had All-Star shows in the past they would still have 3-5 divisions those nights.
              Last edited by DirtRacer42; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Exactly about Atomic, too many divisions with special races.

Comment

Not sure how can compare a truck and a limited late and call the sane but OK. Stock frame & body on 1, aluminum "wedge" body fully fabricated frame on other.

Im not saying we need 10 division a night like they do down south but I am sayin racing locally is premadona racing and often wonder how long it's sustainable. No racing is cheap but the 3 weekly Attica divisions are expensive to start let alone competitive. Random winter rambling wondering where we go next.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    Exactly about Atomic, too many divisions with special races.
                    They cut down on supports with the big shows this year it seems like. The speedweek show is sprints and late models.

Also, my statement about oakshade is the drivers all run in similar classes. Why would you build an entire new car to go race further away? The trucks are a fantastic division at fremont and put on a great show, glad to see their (and 305) purse going up with the dissolution of the crate late division. Fremont announced this I believe with the original announcement if I recall correctly.
                    2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

I like the trucks. Because Fremont Speedway suits the trucks perfectly, the racing is better than at Attica. Maybe that's why Dirt Trucks aren't at Attica as much as they used to be. I just posted about Dirt Trucks in a thread entitled Sprints Only. It's a Christmas miracle.

Comment

Working...
                      X