No announcement yet.

Fans Making The Decisions?????????????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If something is "not quite right", what is it? Ryan Shiets may not have been able to commit to a 2019 All Star event without aproval from the board of directors; a group which did not yet exist. I understand why All Star races appeal to casual fans, but I don't understand why some Pitgaters won't attend any races at Fremont until Fremont gets an All Star race. I didn't think casual fans posted on Pitgate.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
      If something is "not quite right", what is it? Ryan Shiets may not have been able to commit to a 2019 All Star event without aproval from the board of directors; a group which did not yet exist. I understand why All Star races appeal to casual fans, but I don't understand why some Pitgaters won't attend any races at Fremont until Fremont gets an All Star race. I didn't think casual fans posted on Pitgate.
      Several reasons ...

As for the All-Stars and Fremont maybe the All-Stars want to make sure Farmer is out of the way? Maybe they are satisfied with the stops they have in and around Ohio right now and don't think they need to change right now. They are hitting Attica (6), Wayne County (5), Sharon (3), Atomic (3), Eldora (2), Mansfield (1), Lima (1), Muskingum (1) and they believe that is enough races in Ohio don't want to saturate the area with the All-Stars and make those events more special? Maybe they feel they are spread out enough that fans will travel to see their races?

As for fans ...

Maybe Fremont isn't their home track and their home track is better in their opinion.
      Maybe fans don't want to drive past other tracks to get to Fremont especially if they are having a WoO, All-Star race or even their own regular event.
      Maybe fans don't think it is worth $15.00 to attend a regular show at Fremont.
      Maybe the fans don't like all the other divisions besides the 410 sprint cars.
      Maybe the fans like other tracks regular shows and not everybody can afford to go to several nights of racing on a weekend.
      Maybe driving distance matters to some people.

For myself as a fan I usually can only attend 1 track a week if that at times and in a lot of cases like myself would pick Attica over Fremont if they are only going to one event in the weekend simply because how they move the event along, like the track better, facilities, food, and the track is usually pretty smooth and spot on ... as for the racing I like the divisions of 410's, late models, and 305's at Attica compared to Fremont with the 410's, limited lates/362 or whatever they called them, 305's, and dirt trucks.

I would say I am more of a casual fan than a regular fan. I don't go every weekend unless something special is going on, but try and hit a show every other weekend if possible. Now I will hit 4-5 speedweek shows, hit the Doty and all three Kings Royal races in a weekend which I save some money up so that is another reason why I am not a weekly race chaser, and hit several of the all-star weekends at different tracks, but I am not going to regular shows all the time especially driving from Toledo area, but will hit them when I can, but I usually go for the bigger bang for the buck as they would say and try and get more quality than quantity at times.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        I'll agree with calling off the hounds on the new promoter. Chances are great the All Star schedule was probably already or very close to complete by the time he took over. So let's wait till next year for full criticism.

However, All Star races appeal to more than just the casual fan. Just because a fan doesn't go to a "local" race doesn't mean they are casual fans. Not everyone on this board is from the Fremont area and local/Fremont racing is not the end all be all for all Ohio racing. I attend at least 20 races a year weather permitting, have a dirt vision subscription, read various news sources in the sport, buy merchandise from the weekly drivers follow drivers and teams through social media, watch highlights, pay for friends to come with me.

If the local/Fremont weekly racer appeals to you that is great. Go to Fremont each week have a blast cheer your tail off. But a number of people local & non-local want to see them there and want more than just a regular weekly show. That does not make them a casual fan

Comment

I wrote the “ something’s not quite right “ post a few days ago. Just to clarify, I have been a loyal supporter of Fremont for decades, and am a regular there each week. Not sure why people read anything else into my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
            Why 4 separate posts by 1 guy all in a row and not just make it 1 post...just saying...
            Yea could and should have done that. I was coming out of a deep discussion with about 9 other guys that are huge race fans at the time I started this post. Look I just want Fremont to be successful with their new committee. I believe Fremont has one of the greatest weekly shows in Ohio. However I also believe they need Big Shows or some Sanctioning Bodies at least a handful of times too? I live at least an hour and a half away these days, but it all started at Fremont for me and I am a concerned past, present and future fan. I meant with this post, to maybe ask your weekly fan base what they want? We all need to realize that some fans only go to Fremont, and I'm sure they miss the atmosphere that the All Stars/WoO bring. That is all I wanted to point out, sorry I might have been a bit exited at the time. It's just the passion I have for the sport and certain tracks. I've been doing this for well over 40 years, and I'm proud to still have that Passion that I do.
            2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Working...
            X