GTigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTigers

On another thread you said you never seen an All Star or WOO at Fremont. Some time ago when a fella by the name of Frankie Kerr moved to Ohio from Pa. he called Fremont home. Was a pretty good shoe without the wing too. But 1 night at Fremont when the WOO came to town Ol' Frankie put an ass whoopin on the traveling series damn near lapping the poster boy. Another lap or 2 & he would have. I'm thinking this was around 93. Ya see the problem I have is I've seen so many & now old age is settin in.

But if I remember right he beat them the year before or after too.

Man I miss the years of Kerr, Hood, Hodges, Huntley, Shepard, K. Jacobs & a host of others.

Man the Guys I've seen go before those mentioned, Those mentioned & the ones that have been coming in sure has been a treat in my life since I was introduced to racing. Wish I would have kept records !!!

Yes I remember them talking up the Steve and Sammy show with Wolfgang and the above.

Comment

That was back when all stars had what I considered a true talented class. You made top 7 in pts you was somebody.

Don't forget Steve Butler there for moment. He was pretty quick

Comment

One day maybe we’ll see the all stars or woo return but who knows. I’m happy with where dirt racing is around me. I can see 3 different top divisions within an hour of a half of me. Lucas oil and Woo late models, woo sprints, ASCoC all within the state. And quite a few tracks with strong local followings.
        2019 Race Counter: 12
        Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1), Mansfield (1)

Comment

Lived around here my whole life, grew up at Limaland with a whole lotta Eldora, Findlay (Millstream) & occasionally Fremont. Attica was not racing at that time. We sometimes would go to Atomic & Portsmouth since we had a family friend that lived on St. Rt. 104.

My Mom raced Powder puffs at Limaland & my Dad would take a car down to the dragstrip in Kettlersville but this was before my time because I don't remember any of that. I was told I could draw a race car before I could write my name although by no means am I an artist.

Maybe 1 day we will cross paths at a show.

Comment

GT you look at it the right way. We've got racing pretty good in this area. Others just don't realize it. They go south to Florida Carolina or Georgia heck just western PA where rush crate motors run everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
              GT you look at it the right way. We've got racing pretty good in this area. Others just don't realize it. They go south to Florida Carolina or Georgia heck just western PA where rush crate motors run everything.
              Or Sioux City area where they're trying their best just to get one track back up in running between Huset's and I-90.
              2019 Race Counter: 12
              Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1), Mansfield (1)

Comment

We are extremely lucky with the racing available to us in Ohio.
                I saw a few rush payouts and they were terrible.
                Hoping rush does not take ahold in Ohio.

Comment

Sounds like PA fighting back but still just crate lates under fasttrack banner. Crates could have a place but damn sure not every division possible

Comment

Working...
                  X