Shane Helms to promote at least 4 shows at Waynesfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Helms to promote at least 4 shows at Waynesfield

It seems that Shane Helms will be promoting at least 4 shows at Waynesfield this year. He and Greg Shobe have reached an agreement for Shane to take over promotional duties. The exact dates haven't been decided yet and more information will follow.

Well reckon that kills that rumor of him doin Fremont track prep then. Great deal for both I'm sure

Comment

Sounds like the Hewiit classic will be on July 3rd with the Fast 410's also on the card.

Comment

I guess this explains why Waynesfield was off the Speedweek schedule. Blake Anderson said in another forum something about no promoter so this explains it in the that Greg didn't want the stress of keeping the track up weekly (stated in press release). Glad it will at least keep going if only for 4 events. Hope to maybe all 4 depending on the schedule

Comment

He's a sprint guy so I'd assume you'll see the open wheel night featuring NRA, maybe one boss show, and I'm gonna say 2 410 shows least one being all stars

Comment

On Waynesfield Facebook there is a press release by Brian Liskai

Comment

Wonder if this will eventually morph into Helms taking over the track entirely. I’m bummed for the local drivers at the track but glad to see it’s going to hang in at least for another year.
              2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                On Waynesfield Facebook there is a press release by Brian Liskai
                How about copy and paste the message here for those that don't have facebook or even care to be on there or at least give us a quick recap?

Comment

Waynesfield Raceway Park

January 10 at 10:23 AM ·

From Brian Liskai
                  WAYNESFIELD, OH. – After 16 years of operation, Waynesfield Raceway Park faced an uncertain future going into 2019. Owners Greg and Tami Shobe were thinking about scaling back operations at the third-mile high banked dirt oval known as “The Field.” Shane Helms, a former sprint car driver and successful Findlay, Ohio businessman, didn’t want to see the track go by the way-side.
                  Helms, who followed in the sprint car driving footsteps of his father Larry and wh...
                  Continue Reading

Waynesfield Raceway Park
                  Race Track · 11,294 Likes

Comment

Thanks I dont have FB just read the public ones but cant read comments.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                      Wonder if this will eventually morph into Helms taking over the track entirely. I’m bummed for the local drivers at the track but glad to see it’s going to hang in at least for another year.
                      It does seem like a real bum deal for the racers if they were told at the banquet they would be racing in 2019. From some of the comments I read many of them were moving up classes or building new cars based off of what they were told at the banquet. That being said, good luck to Shane. Hopefully he will get the support needed to be able to add more races in the future and keep the place going.

It also seems a former promoter didn’t know what he was talking about when he came on here and said this, “It is sad when one of the best tracks of the week has to not renew its date because the series has priced them out of the business and says it is because they don't have a promoter when in fact they have the same promoter as last season.” It makes me wonder how many of the other things he said was bs too.

Comment

Would be a great opportunity for a Sat. night track to pick up the non-wing division. (hint, hint, wayne county, Fremont). Non wing racing is very economical , as sprint cars go, and produces very good racing. Not trying to start a debate about costs, but coming from someone who has done both, non wing is much easier on the pocket book.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

It does seem like a real bum deal for the racers if they were told at the banquet they would be racing in 2019. From some of the comments I read many of them were moving up classes or building new cars based off of what they were told at the banquet. That being said, good luck to Shane. Hopefully he will get the support needed to be able to add more races in the future and keep the place going.

It also seems a former promoter didn’t know what he was talking about when he came on here and said this, “It is sad when one of the best tracks of the week has to not renew its date because the series has priced them out of the business and says it is because they don't have a promoter when in fact they have the same promoter as last season.” It makes me wonder how many of the other things he said was bs too.
                          That comment from the former promoter was the first thing that crossed my mind. Considering this news confirms exactly what the All Stars said about WRP not having a promoter to work with. Let's not let that get in the way of a completely good conspiracy theory that the All Stars, Eldora, Tony Stewart, and WoO are an evil empire preventing other Ohio tracks from getting an Outlaw show and etc

Comment

Working...
                          X